Bomber Shipping

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bomber Shipping

Post by István » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 12:15

All,

What are your experiences with the shipping / deadlines of Bomber?

I have ordered a couple of things that I though would be delivered from stock immediately. I asked Bomber about the expected delivery date and I got a polite answer that I will be notified as soon as the products are ready.... :roll:

I asked one more time for something closer, but still no concrete answer... 8O

Now I just wonder if 'when the products will be ready' means this week, this month, this year or this century... :(

Kindest,

István

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 12:42

Depends very much what you ordered, i placed my order for more BTS's moth+ ago and asked yesteday when delivery will be and got answer that end of November. They work as fast as possible but on some products they have dependency of stuff coming from their suppliers.
Dont worry, your stuff wil be there before Zinal 8)

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 14:46

Actually I ordered a Gold digger for the Gladiator Zylon I bought from Frank... that I would love to get way before Zinal, can hardly wait to ride it again.... (I tested it in Sölden and felt like heaven) 8)

I also ordered a BTS..... but I can live without that for a while.... :roll:

Then I ordered a rear bail and a leash as I managed to bend a bail badly when I got stuck in a hole filled with powder.... no need to say what happened to the leash.... did not get injured, but the 8mm steel bent like if it was a piece of plastic.... :cry:

And by now I managed to ask them to put all these in one box.... meaning that I'll get the package as soon as the last piece gets produced.... aaaaaarrghhhhhh...... :?

So from now on just call me:

Loooser :lol:

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bomber shipping

Post by Hans » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 15:44

When products are available, I mostly have waited about four days when I got them on the doorstep. I also ordered a set of BTS and a second board kit for my Tinkler :evil2: . Expect the bomberstuff early december.

Itsvan, like to hear something about the ridingcharacteristics of that Gladiator.

Greets, Hans.

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 16:33

Well, it was a 175 cm Gladiator, Zylon. I had 2 runs with it on the Tiefenbacher (kinda blueish, slow slope).

First impression: 2 times faster than my ME109.... I thought someone inclined the slope.... then I pushed the first turn and surprisingly quickly landed into the next one.... and then through icy spots, soft moguls, bumps... and it holds and holds and holds and turns and turns and turns.... and makes your legs burn like the fire of hell.

So I thought, let's lay it down to see if it really holds... and it did, both front and backsides. It felt like if it was 10-10 cm longer at tip and tail and it was biting snow (ice, powder, whatever) if it was never going to release it..... it flexed into the curve if it was soft, but kicked me out of it like a strong spring...

There were some turns when I prayed for some release (slide) at the end of the turns due to the unevennesses of the surface in order to lose some speed, but it just did not release the rail...

So all in all a fantastic board. That's why after the second round there was no escape for me from buying it....

I could not test it on steeps (as the Tiefenbacher has practically none), so I do not know if I can do linked fully laid turns with it (narrow therefore too high angles) on a real steep, but that is besides the point, I bought it for the above.

What I liked the most: I went to say hi to Frank and explained him what I was looking for (speed, quick turning, edge grip). He gave me this one, and it turned out to be more than I wanted.

A friend tested the carbon version right before me and reported similar excitement.

This is how Frank describes the board on hi website. And its no bullshit...

"The ultimate weapon for a duel on the slopes! No other board offers more grip and greater smoothness. Our high-tech racer catapults the rider from one turn into the next and causes severe addiction!"

So that's all for now, hope to say more in Dec when the Gold Digger is on....

Cheers

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

That Gladiator, legburner

Post by Hans » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 16:51

Thanks, Istvan for your extended review. Looks like you have found your 'one' :evil2: Think I am too old for this 'legburner' :wink:
My legs won't last long with this board. So I'll take the :think: more easy ones.

Greets, Hans.

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 17:23

Have to admit that after two runs my legs felt like a pair of boiled broccoli... but fun-factor is great....

Cheers

roman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by roman » Wednesday 8 November 2006, 19:58

hey istvan!
always funny to read reviews from people who get a ride on a gladiator :D because i hear the same whenever riders were out with testboards from us...
just wondering how you mount your bindings? stance?
and, be shure you CAN lay it down on the steeeeper slopes.. :clap2:
have fun with the new toy!

roman

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 9 November 2006, 9:23

Frankly dunno.... Frank mounted it in 2 secs, by look it was around 63 57 (could not be much less due to the narrowness), centered, stance width of ~50 cm. It suited me well....

Frank is about the same size like myself so guess he just mounted it if it was for himself....

Kindest

Mats
Rank 3
Rank 3

Alpinepunk ships Bomber inside EU

Post by Mats » Friday 10 November 2006, 18:59

Hi guys,

If you need fast delivery inside EU and Norway we have Bomber products. BTS and Suspension systems are not yet delivered thou.

Carve low!
Mats