EC backside video - critics

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Saturday 22 December 2007, 19:29

Topsurface looks like Vampire and bottom like Rossignol 8O
So my guess is Goltes :wink:

zajda
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by zajda » Saturday 22 December 2007, 19:40

tobsinger wrote:what board did you use on the third video? silberpfeil?
G-Force
Swoard 175 M + F2 Race Titanium, F2 Silberpfeil 168 + X-Bone step-in, G-Force 170 M - F2 Titanflex step-in

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Saturday 22 December 2007, 19:42

Hey, i had first letter correct :wink:
Nice rides anyway :D

gabor
Rank 1
Rank 1

toe side turn

Post by gabor » Saturday 29 December 2007, 10:21

Hi Zajda,

Noone seems to notice but this days I really see carving only from this side as I needed some improvement (and succeeded):

So you need to work on your TOESIDE turns! Backsides seems to be quite good but when you initiate toesides you reach for the snow even on this easier slopes. If you see the videos (the newer the better your technique though) you do the toeside initiation like this: break at the hips, reach for the snow with both hands, and extend your hips. Try an other sequence: hips to the snow, upperbody and hands away from snow. Maybe this advice sounds not EC. But is essential for riding steeper slopes.

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Sunday 10 February 2008, 12:42

Hi Zajda,

The slope is definately tooo slow for really low EC but:

Try to move more gently from one side to another - You start by pushing Your knees first and then Your body follows aech time You initiate Your turn... In my opinion it would be much better to lean forward or backward and wait till the board reacts for the turn. Better than forcing the board to turn as You do.

And the other thing I see is that after the turn, You stand copletely straight for a while, than You start the next turn. You should start the next turn just when the previous hasn't really ended, but You are finishing it...

Anyway - It is really nice, but You can see that You make one turn, than You are going straight , than next turn, than straight once more etc. There is always this break between the turns. The real fun starts when the next turn seems to be continuation of the previous ;)

Nice progress BTW can be seen through the three videos You showed us :-)

I'm looking forward to the next videos.