North Waves are DEAD

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

x-eff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by x-eff » Thursday 9 March 2006, 9:52

Some changes to come... :wink:
Attachments
5887.jpg
5887.jpg (62.77 KiB) Viewed 9138 times
Dré dans l'pentu !!

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Blitz » Thursday 9 March 2006, 10:59

x-eff wrote:Some changes to come... :wink:
No more change info than U-turn. (it's SB's mold) :wink:
 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

Ohawa
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Ohawa » Monday 13 March 2006, 10:42

Are they going to keep at least one model with the spring? That's what I like, no lock/release systems without a spring. Could they simply take a shell from a skiboot and modify it? The way I think Head went to.
Board? Just a Choc, 180...

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Monday 13 March 2006, 12:25

Strange, it looks more like Raichle 324 or 325 (because of thermo liner). :think:
The Suzukas and Indys don't look like that at all (symetric vs asym shell).
The liner is the usual Deeeluxe thermo.

If you don't count the buckles, it looks more like step back than step forward.

If this truly is a new 2006-2007 model, then i think it must be the successor to the "Le Mans" (entry model made of very soft plastic).

Anyway, to me there seems to be no enhancement from my old Raichle 324:
- same liner that doesn't hold the heel (you need to customize it)
- same articulation not aligned with the ankle, which makes the plastic bend instead of the articulation doing its work (no way to fix that)
- It's the same upper shell that blocks the flexion (you have to cut a nice part of it to fix that)
- It's the same tongue which shape prevents to be bent correctly (you can cut it so it works better, but it'll become more fragile and maybe let cold in).
... nothing worth screaming in victory :?
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr

mrtko
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mrtko » Monday 13 March 2006, 20:30

raphael wrote:....

Anyway, to me there seems to be no enhancement from my old Raichle 324:
- same liner that doesn't hold the heel (you need to customize it)
- same articulation not aligned with the ankle, which makes the plastic bend instead of the articulation doing its work (no way to fix that)
- It's the same upper shell that blocks the flexion (you have to cut a nice part of it to fix that)
- It's the same tongue which shape prevents to be bent correctly (you can cut it so it works better, but it'll become more fragile and maybe let cold in).
... nothing worth screaming in victory :?
Hello Raphael,

seems that you have much experience in tuning your Deeluxe Boot.
Could you give some more details (more than setting up with BTS e.g.)?

Would be nice!

Thx Martin
Swoard 2D 175 H - 019
F2 Speedster RS 172
Proflex Step-In, Suzuka

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

New Deeluxe boots

Post by Hans » Monday 13 March 2006, 20:50

Seems we/I go a little bit of topic here. Raphael made his (good) points. With this new buckle system it seems to be that the old asym molds of the Indy's and the Suzuka's are over. I think that the new boots are just modified skiboots. It can't be otherwise with this 'new' existing skibucklesystem. Just anxious to see what they did with the RABsystem. Hope the boots have some lateral flex but seeing the pictures I don't think so. The liners looks like the existing HPDliner with overlap in another color. These liners fits very well, are okay. We will wait and see.

After seeing these pictures, I think, I am gonna store my Northwaves .900 in a safebox in the summer.

Greets, Hans.

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Monday 13 March 2006, 21:09

Of course the best boots in the market is Northwave .900 or 950 , but the Indys or Suzukas really work fine with the BTS system from Bomber, I have it on my suzukas, and I can say that the BTS is the best improvement in the the market for this boots :wink:.

Sito
Ride hard;100% fun

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

BTS

Post by Hans » Monday 13 March 2006, 21:14

SITO wrote:Of course the best boots in the market is Northwave .900 or 950 , but the Indys or Suzukas really work fine with the BTS system from Bomber, I have it on my suzukas, and I can say that the BTS is the best improvement in the the market for this boots :wink:.
Thanks for the tip, I was just one day too late for ordering, so next season I am gonna order one with the soft yellow springs. Like my .900 best till now though. Gonna use my Strolz Raceplates for freerideskiing.

Greets, Hans.

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Monday 13 March 2006, 22:36

Hans,
Also you should order another red springs, I have both red & yellow, only I have tested the yellow ones. It seem very easy to bend the boots with them, the boots bend like butter without efforts,(I am a little and light guy) it's very smooth to ride with them. , in powder they work ok.
I couldn't test the red ones yet .Hope to test them at end of mach (when my shoulder wil be more stronger).
With both, red and yellow springs, you will have a wide range of use.

The only cons that the system have in my opinion: it's a bit noisy and bulky.

Cheers!
Sito

P.D.I think that the indys or suzukas with the BTS will be the little twin systers of the Northwaves
Ride hard;100% fun

Braun
Rank 1
Rank 1

Last word ?

Post by Braun » Tuesday 14 March 2006, 9:01

Hans, Raphael: I hope Deeluxe has other renewed model in its pocket which much more resembles Suzukas or Indys. :) I hope that boot on the picture is only an entry level model like current Le-Mans. Or do you thing that this is last word from Deeluxe ? :cry:
Sims Burner 188, F2 Silberpfeil 172, Sporten SX2000 (rockboard). F2 Titanflex, Voodoo Spirit

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Last word ?

Post by Hans » Tuesday 14 March 2006, 9:08

Braun wrote:Hans, Raphael: I hope Deeluxe has other renewed model in its pocket which much more resembles Suzukas or Indys. :) I hope that boot on the picture is only an entry level model like current Le-Mans. Or do you thing that this is last word from Deeluxe ? :cry:
Not the last word I hope, but the word for the new season 2006/2007. And looking at the picture it's not very hopeful. It looks like a modified skiboot to me, but let's not rush into things too quickly, it's only a picture where you can't see everything of the boot. May be there are some very good (hidden) mods which you can't see at this picture. I like to be surprised. We will see.

Greets, Hans.

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Last word ?

Post by raphael » Tuesday 14 March 2006, 10:01

Braun wrote:Hans, Raphael: I hope Deeluxe has other renewed model in its pocket which much more resembles Suzukas or Indys. :) I hope that boot on the picture is only an entry level model like current Le-Mans. Or do you thing that this is last word from Deeluxe ? :cry:
I'm almost sure this is only the new Le-Mans.

But it is disapointing to see that it doesn't look like a good freecarve boot. With no real ankle flexibility (only plastic flexibility), it still looks like a bad racing boot, not a good "funcarve/freecarve" boot.

I don't want to be stuck in my boots, like in ski boots. Most of the people went softboot because of that. Jacques & Patrice proved that a good ankle flexibility enhances alpin surfing (at least non-competitive). Why most hardbooters fear moguls and off-piste ? Because they don't have enough ankle flexibility. Why beginners feel so uneasy on hardboots ? Because they don't have enough ankle flexibility.

So why should Deeluxe make an entry level boot so uncompromising in its design ? ... and then ruin it with too much plastic flexibility ?

Finaly with Deeluxe, we only have the choice between a bad race boot and a stiff race boot. Then what if i don't want to race ? And what if even the pro racers prefer the Northwave .900 (with a lot of spring-controlled ankle flexibility).

My dream boot would have a lot of ankle mobility (forward and backward) and a spring system you could easly tune (and fine tune) to more stiffness or softness (forward and/or backward)... plus (remember this is only a dream), you could (easly) lock or unlock lateral flexibility, so it would be a great versatile boot aswell.
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr

Ohawa
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Ohawa » Tuesday 14 March 2006, 21:56

Well and what do you guys think about the Raichle 325Ltd 99 model with the spring? Two stiffness available, thermofit (I really appreciate it!), tongues in different stiffness as well: I use harder spring and stiffer tongue, since I'm more into slalom than EC. The weakness is about rear foot, the heel is not well held in place, but still I can ride without problems? The only thing is that the skin of my rear leg is worn out because pressing too much against the tongue...
Board? Just a Choc, 180...

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

DEELUXE - No new things

Post by Hans » Wednesday 15 March 2006, 7:58

This makes all clear to me. So no exciting things, just a minor upgrade of excisting things, pitty though:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/s ... hp?t=10598

Greets, Hans.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: North Waves are DEAD

Post by skywalker » Thursday 10 May 2007, 15:44

Silber wrote:Guys, after pleading with the company, and actually getting some very nice fellow hardbooter investigate (Gianni, thanks again BTW) here is my painful due to inform you that the molds of the NW 900/950 where actually THROWN away quite a long time ago....

Keep yours in good shape....
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
This seams to be not true :D
Maybe more to come before wekend 8)

skywalker
free extreme carving