From hard to soft boot carving

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

droopy-one
Rank 0
Rank 0

From hard to soft boot carving

Post by droopy-one » Tuesday 7 January 2003, 15:54

Hy,
I am new on this forum. I snowboard for more than 10 years (1986) mainly with hard boots (Duret WC Asym 165, HOT and Raichle boots with 48 Front, 39 rear).
I just bought a new freeride board (nidecker picto 167) with carbon soft bindings (nidecker) because I`d like to go deeper in powder and freeride.
Do you have any experience of of which angles I should use on this board to still be able to enjoy on regular slopes. I`d like to still carve lying even if not as agressively as in hard boots. Should I still be in the front of the board.
thanks
Olivier

Dani
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dani » Monday 13 January 2003, 19:15

Hi there,
On my freeride board, which I use off piste, I have angles of 30/20 degrees. With this angles I feel fine on piste too. Of course it has nothing to do with the feeling on an EC board, a race board or an allride board. :wink:

Generally the angles depends of the width of your board an the size of your boots. If you use your freeride board for a day trip off piste in the powder it's a good idea to shift the binding backwards. So your board gets more updraft in the front.