New To EC

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

outsider
Rank 1
Rank 1

New To EC

Post by outsider » Tuesday 24 December 2002, 5:27

Hey Everyone, i have finally found what i have been looking for all this time. After seeing some of the pice and movies here, i am amazed at some of the things i do in order to ride where i live. i thought i might treat you with a little glimpse of my local "hill". But never the less, riding is riding, and im happy to even get out.

Im the one with the rooster tail to the middle left

This is on a day that isnt considered crowded, and yes, this is the biggest part of the mountain, and considered a "midwest black diamond" aka steep backyard sled hill

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hey there, welcome!

Post by nils » Tuesday 24 December 2002, 10:52

Happy Xmas btw.. liked the pic, the slope looks like the kind I could stay on all day long without problem !... the funny thing is this trees we don't have here for our resorts are much higher in the alps !..
Looks kinda cool... I guess when crowded the thing becomes impossible to carve !
2 more days before I'm riding again :): yepee!

nils

Bobby Buggs
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bobby Buggs » Wednesday 25 December 2002, 17:08

Nice lay out turn :D . You coming to the East Coast expression session @ Stratton VT Jan 6-12??
Many Hills like you show in the Pic but MUCH longer.

Nils, Those trees are what make the East coast riders fearless. Nothing like heading towards the side of the trail and all the Trees at about 30mph on some nice East coast ice and dropping a nice Heelside EC.
Now that's a rush :wink:

Have you guys ever ridden with the Pure boarding crew, Jorge or Eric??
They are a blast to hang with.
12+ inches expected here today, Break out the swallow

outsider
Rank 1
Rank 1

ECES

Post by outsider » Wednesday 25 December 2002, 17:13

here in the midwest, the only thing that resembles an expression session is when there are more than 3 alpine riders in a 20 mile radius. i would love to ride out east, if i could make it out there, but school and other things are keeping me here. Oh well, atl east im riding.