Website opening: Welcome!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

DaveS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Welcome!

Post by DaveS » Monday 8 April 2002, 9:08

Dear Extreme Carving Crew,

Thanks for an outstanding website!! The information, videos and photos are spectacular! Your style of extreme carving is pure visual magic!

I crossed over to snowboarding from skiing two seasons ago primarily because of the laid out powder turns sometimes featured in snowboard magazines. It’s exiting to see the same thing being done on hard pack and with continually linked turns! Next season I plan to purchase a hard boot carving set up since that’s all I really do on my freeride board anyway and I’m definitely experiencing frustration since I’ve reached the limits that a soft boot set-up will allow.

Where I live (Alberta, Canada) it’s nearly impossible to find hard boot carving equipment (not to mention equipment suitable for laid out x-carves). I truly hope that through your efforts (and those of like minded riders) a large enough community can gather so as to make the manufacturers sit-up and take notice.

I look forward to following your forum and gleaning equipment advice for assembling an x-carve set up.

Dave

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

thanx

Post by nils » Monday 8 April 2002, 9:55

well i'm sure J&P will appreciate your comments too :)

Eduardo

Re: Welcome!

Post by Eduardo » Wednesday 10 April 2002, 14:01

Congratulations Patrice and Jacques, I knew you where planning something good, but this is better than good, this is awesome !!
Well done, a dream come true :D !

The crew at CERN Ski Club is extremly lucky to be able to count on such amazing riders as teachers and/or friends.

A link to your site will appear on ours soon !

Keep up the good work !

Eduardo (Snowboard responsible CERN Ski Club)
http://club-ski.web.cern.ch/club-ski/

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Saturday 27 April 2002, 12:20

Maybe my two cents words about this site were missing: great. So happy to see such a site with such a people with such a graphic with such pictures with such... etc etc...!!!
:lol:
Great!
_RicHard