Video on hardbooter.com

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Video on hardbooter.com

Post by István » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 15:43

Hey,

I have found the following interesting video at hardbooter.com: http://hardbooter.com/video/size_doesnt_matter.wmv

I think this is a great video and their statement is fair enough. No need to mention that riders are also great.

However, I had a feeling when watching the video that there was a hidden, implicite message to Swoard Team, too (watch the video and you'll know what I mean). Maybe I'm paranoid.... :?

Kindest,

István

Galynet59
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Galynet59 » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 16:27

Size doesn't matter... :wink:
Nidecker Custom SL 162
Swoard Extremecarver 3D 168M n°159
Fix Burton Race
Head Stratos Pro

Venez me voir

sorro
Swoard team
Swoard team

Re: Video on hardbooter.com

Post by sorro » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 17:12

István wrote:Maybe I'm paranoid.... :?
No, you are not...

I have seen this vid month ago and actually it is a long and old story: you can have a look on this link to see what I'm talking about. In this thread everything is more ..hmmm... explicit
http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/s ... ge=1&pp=30

I don't want to feed this debate, but what I want to point is the "bad spirit" this movie is made of: Hardboot.com never presented vid and when they do one, it is to say "Hey we can prove that EC guys are telling bullshit!!"
For me ,they are only proving that they are not riding in the same way aplying another style and technique in which they are exceling, so what, that's fine!

All kind of techniques and styles (and boards) are interesting to watch when they are mastered. They are great riders and I would have more appreciate the movie without this "message".

The alpine snowboarding world is quit small (too small actually), no place for this confrontation. Amen. :wink: and happy new year :birthday:

Daneille
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Daneille » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 17:39

The whole point of this movie was "the message". They purposely made in response to that thread.
Daneille

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Linked turns at hardbooter.com

Post by Hans » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 20:17

They made a point. They are trying to make linked turns. They have succeeded in this but it didn't look like extremecarving by far (snowconditions were bad in this vid). Didn't see any push and pull in combo with rotationtechnique. And it didn't by far look like the fluend style of Nils, Jacques, Patrice and Rob (aka Rcrobar). So they have to practice a lot. I just see the vid as a wink and a joke to us europeans, nothing more nothing less. Keep up the good work a hardbooter.com. Like to see more vids coming.

Greets, Hans.

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hardbooter video can be used as an advertisement!

Post by gdboytyler » Wednesday 28 December 2005, 21:14

You can be a World Cup competitor, but if you're on the wrong equipment, this is what your Extremecarving will look like:

http://hardbooter.com/video/size_doesnt_matter.wmv

But if you buy my Swoard for $1000 US + shipping, then this is what your Extremecarving will look like and you won't need World Cup caliber skills:

https://www.extremecarving.com/movies/movies.html

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Monday 2 January 2006, 10:12

I think they got a big point in saying there's way too much tech talk around EC. Ok, I don't see any things in this vid that come close to J&P BUT I don't think discussing things like "which leash or anti-sliding-pad is most suitable for EC" will help anybody with his riding or will bring more fun into the sport.
For me, EC has changed my riding very much and has brought lots of fun, but I won't spend my time looking for the last Northwave 900's in the world or throw away my step in bindings just because someone said so.

To me the vid is not very sympathetic, they could have said things more elegantly, but as an attempt to keep hardboot snowboarding open and to prevent it from running into another dead end it is acceptable.

Silber

Post by Silber » Monday 2 January 2006, 16:30

The video is interesting, but no new truth out there. If you remember the old "limbo contest" video there are all sort of boards riding very very low...so they didn't need to make a new video. They just could have posted that one. It's just that P&J have come out with a board that has the best specifications under their experience to allow more people to learn the EC style. I have to thank them to bringing me up to speed with something I thought impossible for me until recently and showing people a style that is much purer in term of style than anything seen before. I also have to thank them for creating a community that already provided me with some great new friends.

Finally, since I just came back from Val Gardena, I have to add that the exilarating feeling of carving really low on Pra'dat in Colfosco came from my SW3D and the Northwave Nexus I bought in the fall. A few times I couldn't believe the board held the carve. So, thanks again P&J.
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Tuesday 3 January 2006, 10:54

Right, sometimes there might be a little bit too much EC related tech talk (it does not bother me, but vice versa). However, IMHO, the turns on the video are far from pure EC turns. Before starting to critique, those weekend warriors should learn it at least in theory in order to see the difference :wink: