new to carving

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Stargazer
Rank 0
Rank 0

new to carving

Post by Stargazer » Sunday 8 December 2002, 16:31

hey guys,

I'm pretty new to carving and I 'd like to have some advice.
I bought a Rossignol Slayer board at a sale out in september for 100$ [ I know pretty good deal ] :lol: . I'm about 175cm and weigh about 70kg the board is 163cm has a +/-19 cm waist width.

I use it with skiing booth though and the Burton plastic carrier plates.
<b>The question is</b> is there a big difference between skiing boots and board boots and do I get new bindings? personally I feel verry restricted with the skiing boots so I might ask Santa for some new ones :-).
Does anybody have any experience with this board and wath are the best places to go carving in New England ?

thanks a million guys :-)
When I was born, I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half

Pistol
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ski boots vs Hard boots

Post by Pistol » Monday 30 December 2002, 17:45

Hi Stargazer,
I use ski boots myself. I've tried a pair of hard boots for snowboards and did not find a benefit other than the raised heel and toe ends. My ski boots are well fitted to my foot and I've made sure to get as much flex as I can with the boot. I recently bought a Burton Alp at a very low price. The store was glad to see it go at any price! So my set-up is similar to yours and I am also looking for hard facts about dedicated snowboard hard boots before I move to buy.
Pistol Pete from Tremblant

Stargazer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stargazer » Monday 30 December 2002, 22:59

Thanks Pistol,

I'm getting used to the ski boot set-up right know and the carves are going very well :lol:
I found some boots at a shop on sale for 50$ too bad they were a size too small :(
Anyway take care and a a happy new year :-0
When I was born, I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half