board size ??

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

prydenr54
Rank 1
Rank 1

board size ??

Post by prydenr54 » Wednesday 27 November 2002, 20:07

Hi buddies !!
Good work 'round here !!
Thank God I'm not the only one who's really into carving!
It seems to me (according to your boards) that the boards that are sold as""freecarving" boards are much more suitable for xtreme carving than the regular slalom / race boards. The last 4 years I've been riding a freecarve board (F2 works 160), sold it 2 months ago and now I'm riding a F2 Speedster SL. Did I make a wrong decision about the carving qualities of the Speedster? 8O I want to make sure that the F@ works 160 was my first board and did really carve good, but sold it 'cause I was expecting better to carve with the Speedster.

Relax and KEEP LAYING DOWN!!!!

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 speedster is OKE

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 27 November 2002, 22:52

you will have no problems carving with the speedster. but the backsite extremecarving turn may be difficult because of the small radius of your board. I think the F2 speedster SL is a great board for carving in general especially on crowded slopes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jokke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Jokke » Thursday 28 November 2002, 9:34

Yes, you certainly have made improvement in your carving eqiupement :twisted:

Thus F2 Works 160 has about same radius, than Speedster SL they dont have potential to good e-carve, but SL is extremely good race/carving board, having enough torsional stiffness, to keep you going on hard/icy slopes.