Revival of the harbooters

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Jakob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Revival of the harbooters

Post by Jakob » Monday 21 March 2005, 15:42

Hi!

I just wanted to share with you an observation. I was on the snow on saturday, probably the last time in this season as the snow is already very wet and is melting away. But I couldn't help it, I had to go and enjoy those agressive carves... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

However, what struck me was a large number of hardbooters on the slopes. Actually, I've never seen as many people riding alpine gear in one resort except in Zinal ECS in my life! And no, there was no special event! I couldn believe it, there were more on alpine gear than on freestyle boards 8O! My estimation is that there were at least 30, which is a lot! 8)

Be what it may that caused that occurance and I can only hope that it was not only a coincidence and that the trend will really go in this direction! :D

But I was so pleased, that I had to share this excitement here, :lol:

Bye,

Jakob
Element - water.

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Monday 21 March 2005, 15:58

Hi Jacob,
Where were you. Saturday there was six carvers at our local slope and that is a record here to but I do not know whether this is a trend or just a coincidence. We'll see.
harald

Jakob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jakob » Monday 21 March 2005, 16:13

Hi!

I was in very popular local resort - Krvavec, that's in Slovenia. It's not big and it's often overcrowded, but if you are a bit patient or lucky it offers pretty decent carving possibilities. It's a good choice for a one day boarding, especially during the week, when it's empty. On weekends people come in rather large numbers because it's only half an hour from Ljubljana... However, saturday it wasn't too bad.

Bye,

Jakob
Element - water.

dcoudert
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dcoudert » Monday 21 March 2005, 16:29

it's only half an hour from Ljubljana
Waouh ! it's almost part of the city !
D.
swoard 168H #185, blast stiff 158 | burton race | deeluxe indy

MarkN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MarkN » Monday 21 March 2005, 23:38

Well, over here in Ontario, Canada, we had a big carver turnout last Saturday too, the biggest I'd seen outside of an "event." I think it relates to the end of the season here. There might be one more Saturday with decent snow, but the last Saturday was probably the last good day of the year so most everyone turned out. I was sick with a terrible cough/cold, but knew I had to get out before the slopes turn to mush.

Vikking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vikking » Tuesday 22 March 2005, 3:22

jakob: on saturday on krvavec the Goltes was having presentation and testing of the procarve model. "GOLTES PRO CARVE CAMP" where the buyers of procarve model was having free session of filming and talking about the procarve model with ex competitor Andrej Cerne.

But nontheless on other slovenian resorts i also noticed this year, a lot of hardbooters, more then ever before.

Jakob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jakob » Tuesday 22 March 2005, 8:05

Hi Vikking!

Yes, Goltes did have a carve camp on saturday, but they had limited number for participants (10) and it was only for buyers of their boards. But most of the people I've seen didn't own their boards. In fact, as I wasn't a participant, it seems to me that the camp took place on some other slope on Krvavec that the one I was riding and which in my opinion is best for EC. In fact, the whole day I've only seen about 3 people on Goltes alpine boards, all others rode other brands... :?

I still have pain in my muscles :twisted:

Bye,

Jakob

P.S. Where are you from Vikking?
Element - water.

Vikking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vikking » Tuesday 22 March 2005, 13:36

Jakob: Slo - Celje