Indy or Suzuka?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

mhinkkan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Indy or Suzuka?

Post by mhinkkan » Tuesday 12 November 2002, 16:10

Hi,
I am going to purchase DeeLuxe Indy (previously AF700, spring-load forward lean system) or Suzuka (AF600, 5 forward lean positions + relax mode, no spring) boots. Both boots are having the same price. Any comments on the differences of those boots? Is there any kind of relax-mode in Indy? Which one would suit better for EC?

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Tuesday 12 November 2002, 16:44

Hi Mhinkkan,

I haven't tried the Raichle boots on piste, only the AF600 in a shop. Its shell was much too soft.
Furthermore, our experience in EC lead us to adopt spring systems.

So to me, no hesitation, thake the Indy.

Jacques

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cmachine » Tuesday 12 November 2002, 22:50

Hi everybody

Suzuka and Spring System? YES

The Indy and the Suzuka have exactly the same shape. Beside of the color, there remain two diffences:
1. The Indy has a harder shell
2. The Indy has a Spring System that the Suzuka unfortunatly doesn't have

I bought the Suzuka because I wantet a bit more lateral flex (=softer shell). Then I asked my sport shop to order the spring-system from the indy. The sport shop can order this spring system as spare parts.
Then they replaced the Suzuka-forward-lean-System with the Spring System they have orderd. A replacement ist possible without any problem because of the same shape of the two (I checked this also in direct contact with a Raichle Technican)

Now I have a Suzuka boot with the Spring System from the Indy Boot. The costs including including the work for replacement were only 80 swiss francs. Because in my sport shop, the Suzuka was 100 CHF cheaper than the indy, I saved 20 CHF at the end. But this is just a nice add on 8)

In the spring system I use the softer of the two springs that were delivered. The soft spring is still very hard and the hard spring is almost uncompressible for me. The harder one is not recommended in my solution because the the movement will go over shell deformation and not over spring compression (because of the softer shell). This meas: If you are very heavy weight, then the better solution is of course the original Indy. But if you are not so heavy weight an you like a bit more flex, then my solution could be your alternative too.

By the way: I do not understand Deeluxe's product strategy. In my opinion they should deliver every hard boot with the spring System. But they may see these boots (especially the indy) as poor race boots that are used with narrow boards and high binding angulars where the forces go more lateral. But we all now from the good exlanations from J&P that in EC the forces go more over the heels and toes because of the moderate binding angulars.

Regs
:) Olaf :)

PS:
My weight is 75 kg, my high is 184 cm and im currently riding a nidecker proto 167. F 57 deg., B 48 deg.
The board has only 8.6m radius and a with of only 20.7 cm :(

mhinkkan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mhinkkan » Wednesday 13 November 2002, 9:37

Hi Jacques and Olaf,

Thanks for your fast and helpful responses. I was lucky to order currently the last pair of Indy-boots of my size from Blue-Tomato :D .

Marko