Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...
Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils
- Swoard & EC founder
- Posts: 2856
- Joined: Thursday 21 March 2002, 13:13
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
When I read the reply to McFussel's post ("This is the place to be!!!"):
I was in Soelden (Austria) last week.
And I was amazed by the number of hardbooters.
I would guess about 30-40% of snowboarders rode plates!
... I'm wondering which country has the higher ratio of alpine snowboarders. I have the feeling that Austria is on the first place.
Am I wrong?
I only know Switzerland and France, but I would love to ride in Austria or at any place with many carvers.
The ratio of "extreme carvers" is another question
- Rank 5
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Monday 25 March 2002, 16:59
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area
1) There are no extremecarvers here in Tahoe, California as I know of. Wait, I am an extreme carver...well, an inspired extremecarver.
2) I started hardboots in Montreal. At Mt St-Sauveur, specially at Avila, you will always see a carver or a group of carvers (all windsurfers during the summer).
3) I heard Mt St-Anne near Quebec city has a fair number of good carvers as well. Pele, please confirm...
Now that the extremecarving site is online, there will be a "few good men" who will be inspired extreme carvers. Unfortunately, the weekend wheather forecast call for 15C in temperature with a BIG sunshine.
Peter Vu (aka Yomama)
- Rank 5
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Saturday 23 March 2002, 13:03
- Location: Benztown-Baby....
well I guess Sölden is a big place for hardboot riders - when I was in Voralberg yesterday (my parents life on the lake constance), my friend and I whre the only ones there who where carving
The had even a carving slope, but not stall enough and noone carving there.
So in Sölden are lot of stupid riders - but there are some very good too.
But I thing lots of them are comming from Germany (as I do) or Austria.
So....whereever the may come from - it´s good to see them (and for me to learn from them)
=> Carving is like sex!