Anybody has swallow tails videos ?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Anybody has swallow tails videos ?

Post by raphael » Saturday 5 March 2005, 18:24

Lucky me, I will soon receive a swallow tail. :twisted:

I never had the occasion to ride one before, nor see anyone riding one.

I understand it has to be ridden quiet differently from other boards (at least in powder and deep snow)... something more like carving on both feet.

The masters of EC recommend using rotation and push-pull in powder. It is even supposed to enhance your on-piste technique.
So maybe we could all learn some by observing some good swallow-tailers on video. ;)

Has anyone seen some on the internet ?
I can't find any :(
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Sunday 6 March 2005, 7:01

This is really the only swallowtail info area I know of, and it seems to be pretty much dried up. It's run my Nils (I believe):
http://swallowtails.org/

FYI if I remember correctly there's more to the site than what came be found from the homepage.

Oh, no vids, but some nice screenshots/screensavers here:
http://marius.potes.free.fr/english.html
http://marius.potes.free.fr/fondecran.html
http://marius.potes.free.fr/Eopencaucase.html

DrCR

________

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

well

Post by nils » Sunday 6 March 2005, 8:59

my site is down, at least the gallery since 3 months due to a setting problem on my home server that hosts the gallery hehe... trying to fix but no time :)

(anyone can tell me the default settings for localhost on a linux 8.0 machine to access the net? I see the machine on the router, but it doesn't go out, even when i open the port grrr)

there is a few clips of Seal riding a Winterstick ST in BC on his website, but he rides a lot on the back in softboots...

Raphael: basically set the bindings centered on the board, with 40-25 angles in hardboots and load the nose to accelerate :)

You'll find the riding pretty much alone and quick!

Nils

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Sunday 6 March 2005, 13:17

drcr > i've allready seen this all. But others may not, so thanks anyway. ;)

I've seen Seal's video asswell. He as a wrong position, but it's cool anyway 8)

Nils > i'm sorry i don't understand your problem with the site. I don't know if i can help, but the description of the problem is a bit vague.

Ok, i'll do as you say about the centering and angles.

By the way, about the angles, you said in another post that your feet overhang on your swallow. Is it necessary ? I see on here that your board's mid-width is roughly the same as mine. 24.8 cm looks pretty large to me. 8O

With a large board like that i didn't thought you could have overhanging feet. Isn't it possible to ride with a little more angle ?

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: well

Post by drcr » Monday 7 March 2005, 1:58

nils wrote:my site is down, at least the gallery since 3 months due to a setting problem on my home server that hosts the gallery hehe... trying to fix but no time :)

(anyone can tell me the default settings for localhost on a linux 8.0 machine to access the net? I see the machine on the router, but it doesn't go out, even when i open the port grrr)
Is it able to get out to the internet, and you are just having trouble getting to the server from the internet? More details please.

Oh, and an excellent Linux resource for you: www.linuxforums.org Post there and they should be able to fix you up in no time. :)

DrCR

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

home server

Post by nils » Monday 7 March 2005, 15:50

nope its a home server, connected to a small netgear router, that is connected to a fast adsl ( 6-7 mb). Since i've changed the router ( old one burned) i went to the network control panel on the server (dell poweredge) that is running linux 8.0 and changed the settings in order to have it back online... something went wrong and it seems i lost the original defaut settings to be able to get it back to the router...
I'd love to have it back online at least on the net so my nerd pal can ssh onto it and secure the connection etc...
then i'll be able to backup the gallery and put it on a zillion faster server( cobalt + optic fiber T3), same one that hosts EC.com vids and website..

any clue what default network panels should have for settings...?
I see the machine from the router panel ( logged from the other machines)
Do i need to specify another port? etc..

Nils
ps: maybe i could skype with any willing nerd to get it workin!

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Tuesday 8 March 2005, 2:12

I know you're going to hate to hear this, but...post over at www.linuxforums.com ;)

I would help you out the best I could, but to be honest, networking and server stuff isn't really my forte and I don't have the time to give some on-going, regular input/suggestions. :(

I suggest you post it in the server sub-forum:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/forum-5.html

Good Luck!

DrCR

_________

mark23swt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Vids...

Post by mark23swt » Tuesday 8 March 2005, 11:27

I havent been on the EC forum in a while...
As far as swallowtailing stuff goes hopefully swallowtails.org will be up and running soon.

For Vids, The Seal ones were the only modern swallowtail vids that' I've seen. For some reason theyve been taken off the website. You can catch a little bit of swallowtailing if you go to http://www.swallowmania.com and click on La Video.

I posted a tiny clip of Regis Rolland in an interview that shows him on the old school swallowtail from the first snowboarding film, apocalypse snow. http://www.winterstick.org Videos-->Regis Rolland Interview.

Let me know if you find any new vids laying around the net though, this is my rookie year as well riding a swallow.

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Tuesday 8 March 2005, 16:41

I didn't knew about your site. Thanks
Great videos, obviously not what i was looking for, but interesting anyway. 8)