Should I buy Intec step in binding and wich one

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Guions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Should I buy Intec step in binding and wich one

Post by Guions » Wednesday 16 March 2022, 18:19

Hi guys,

It’s my first season as a hardboots snowboarder. I bought a sims snowboard 161 cm with snowpro binding. Used but looked brand new, the guys told me he used it like 3 times.

I bought a pair of deeluxe 425 track pro, 2 weeks ago. I have so much fun learning to carve since then.

I don’t know if my binding are good or not. And I’m considering buying F2 intec binding. The fact that it’s easier to step in step out looks pretty cool. Another reason is because I have younger kids I won’t go to the very big mountain at least not with them for a couple of years. The fact that I need to unclip my binding a lot because of my children that I need to help and cause of the medium mountain that I go. The intec step in looks like a good choice for me.

Is there any problems with those binding that the more advanced rider won’t recommend?

And if they are good wich model should I buy: intec titanium, titanflex or RS.

Thanks a lot for any advice as it help me a lot for buying my boots and understanding how they work… shouldn’t ride on walk mode.
Attachments
5C65B2BA-376A-4CAB-BD66-F3BE3A6B2113.jpeg
5C65B2BA-376A-4CAB-BD66-F3BE3A6B2113.jpeg (64.46 KiB) Viewed 2843 times

Drew
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Should I buy Intec step in binding and wich one

Post by Drew » Friday 18 March 2022, 21:46

Hi,
It depends on how you want to board. If you want to eventually extreme carve I would not use the step-ins. They create a lot of pressure on the heal as they lack the flex compared to the ones you posted in the picture. For EC I would stick with the ones in the picture.
I had step-ins once and very hard Raichle (Delux) which was a great setup for a very stiff board like boarder cross but I changed it all for a softer setup when I changed to EC.
Hope that helps.

Guions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Should I buy Intec step in binding and wich one

Post by Guions » Saturday 19 March 2022, 4:03

Thanks a lot for the help.

That is something that I feared would happen.

I appreciate having the advice of somebody that experiment this kind of binding.

Yes EC is something that I would want to master eventually.

I was thinking that maybe the intec Titanflex or the intec RS where flexible enough to allow steep carving hoping somebody as those models and and is able to answer my question.