Deeluxe 425 for beginner?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Guions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Deeluxe 425 for beginner?

Post by Guions » Friday 4 March 2022, 23:27

Hi guys,

Hi did a lot of freestyle snowboard when I was young. Now I decided to switch to a freecarve hardboots Snowboard.

I have big feet (mondo 30) it’s hard for me to find a pair of deeluxe 325 that I think would be easier for me to begin. There is a pair of Deeluxe 425 my size that I can have at a good price. I have a lot of experience in freestyle snowboard so would it be wise to buy the 425? Every advice would be very appreciated.

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Deeluxe 425 for beginner?

Post by jax » Saturday 5 March 2022, 5:21

They're great boots.
If you have mp 30 I can suppose that you are heavy and they will support you.
Later you can add a buckle as the 425 pro has, that will give you more control.
www.carvers.it

Guions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Guions » Saturday 5 March 2022, 5:53

Thank you for your advice Jax, I’m not that heavy (lost some weight recently) I’m 6 foot 185 pounds but I got the feet of 6 ft 4 inch dude.

I don’t understand what you mean by adding a buckle as the 425 pro has.

Thanks again for your help I think I’m gonna buy them.

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Saturday 5 March 2022, 6:37

The Deeluxe 425 has 3 buckles and one strap, the 425 pro has 4 buckles and one strap
www.carvers.it

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Saturday 5 March 2022, 6:38

On the left 425 Pro, on the right 425
Screenshot_20220305-063751_Chrome.jpg
www.carvers.it

Guions
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Guions » Saturday 5 March 2022, 18:06

I didn’t even know there where 2 models of 425.

The one that I can buy are the 425 pro. I wasn’t looking for that much stiffness and control since I am a beginner at this. But I guess If I found them to stiff I’m just gonna lose the last buckle or the power strap.

Is there other differences than the extra buckle.

I’m using ski boots right now and it feels just not right. It feel like giant astronaute boots. To prevent them from overhang my board I need to put both of my binding at 60 Degree but it is not easy for me to ride that much of an angle. I bet the deeluxe 425 track pro will be a huge improvement in my stance.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Saturday 5 March 2022, 18:23

Nowadays the hardboots makers are producing super stiff hardboots (almost no flexibility in the ankles). We are getting messages from many softboots riders who are disgusted by alpine snowboarding after one day trying. Of course there are many things which are different (like the bindings angles, the board, etc.), but the hardboots are the main issue.

Do not try to ride in "walk mode" with these hardboots. This is not the goal of this mode, and the backside turns are not good because you are too straight in the boots. Some forward leaning is required.

Don't hesitate to contact us at info@swoard.com to get advices about modifying the spring system, as we all do here (and show it since 2002). You can also contact drupi directly who is selling his kit.

Later, after you have entered the world of alpine carving, you could consider the Swoard-UPZ EC12. No need to modify anything, you get nice flexibility (in the ankles), damping, control and precision at the same time. In the package you have various springs and tongues to adjust the flexibility if necessary (it's mounted in the softest setup).

Persevere! It's worth the effort. Enjoy carving! :bravo:

Patrice Fivat

Fotisa2006
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Fotisa2006 » Sunday 6 March 2022, 19:05

I had the deeluxe free 69 with bts springs .it's a nice boot But upgraded to Swoard-UPZ EC12 . If you are in the mood of extreme carving better save some money and go for the Swoard-UPZ . Custom changes work but nothing better coming out from the factory tested and ready to use . And by the time you have big foot I think that shell of upz is shorter . At least compared to my deeluxe and this is a big +
I was at the same point whith you 6 years ago when I switched from freestyle snowboarding to alpine . At first I didn't know the existence of swoard and the whole philosophy behind this brand , so I bought what I was advised by a store somewhere in Germany to buy an f2 silberfeil vantage and the deeluxe free 69 .
( not to mention that he insisted f2 is by far the best brand for E.C )
They are not bad , but they are not orientated in ec philosophy 100% like swoard .

And as Patrice said do not try the deeluxe on walk mode without installing a bts system . Also a mistake I made in the beginning and all my heelside turns was a tragedy . Took me one year to figure out what was wrong

So my advices.. start from the beginning correctly .
And as a kiteboarder athlete ... always follow the advice of the pros if you want to become a pro.