19th ExtremeCarving Session, 2022: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

19th ExtremeCarving Session, 2022: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by Swoard team » Monday 31 January 2022, 20:46

The 19th ExtremeCarving Session is over right now, Monday 31st January 2022. :D :silly:

It has been an awesome event and a small miracle in this pandemic time! :bravo:
Our reserved slope was fantastic, especially on Sunday! The ambiance at the stand was particularly good: the raclette organized this year is one of the reasons. The family spirit, the sun and the renewed human relationships (without surgical masks) are other reasons.

Thanks to all participants and the staff! 8) :chinese:

This thread is UNDER CONSTRUCTION and will be completed progressively during the NEXT DAYS with photos, including the group photo.

:arrow: You can already give your feedbacks below.

:arrow: Next year will be the 20th Swoard anniversary and the 20th ExtremeCarving Session. :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
We plan a big party and some nice surprises! :D 8)
The dates will be published as soon as possible (they depend on ski competitions and paragliding event).

The Swoard team

Drew
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 19th ExtremeCarving Session, 2022: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by Drew » Monday 31 January 2022, 21:22

Thanks a million to the whole Swoard team!

It was a totally amazing event and great to be back on the slopes of Zinal and board with all the amazing ECers again.

Special thanks to Anthony for the very helpful training sessions.

Can't wait to see you all again for the 20th anniversary next year.

Cheers.

Drew.

SPVS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SPVS » Tuesday 1 February 2022, 8:58

Thanks for the great event. :clap:

With my brother and friends I enjoyed the last-minute and sunny event weekend 8) .

The clinics from Patrice and Anthony helped to improve my Extreme Carving :think: :clap2: . Trying also a demo Swoard helped me to feel the difference with my own Swoard size & flex.

I found it magical to see so many carvers on the reserved slope, and to practice & learn the E-Carving by watching other experts :pray2: . Making new carver-friends in the lift, at the stand, via clinics and during a drink at the ski-& snowboard-bar.

Looking forward the the pictures and group photo of the event.

Cheers, Sander

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Tuesday 1 February 2022, 15:39

For now, I can say I met everyone so far in this thread! :-)

When I booked this year, I didn't have high expectations on the social front, due to the pandemic precautions, but I was pleasantly surprised the restrictions didn't get in the way of making new friends in the end.

My difficulty was remembering names from 2 years ago....

Hoping I finally made an EC turn worthy of a photo! :lol:

Great respect :pray2: to those still EC'ing on Monday with next to no visibility (at least for me and my goggles). That is pure skill right there. I went up Le Col just to say I did it, lol. I did have more fun on the lower slopes where I could actually see the gradient, but it was only about 100 usable metres for me...

I now wish I had taken out my proper camera on Sunday to film people, but I was really enjoying the learning this year, so that was my focus. I felt some real progression (finally!) in my heel-side carve, and certainly none of that energy-sapping and cramping "judder" from previous years - and for the weekend had short lunch breaks and riding the whole usable day. 168 size is definitely better for me.

cheers,
Slayer (aka Colin, aka "The Orange")
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Tuesday 1 February 2022, 17:56

Great session and nice group.
Maybe the lack of snow on Barthelemy helped to make this big group on Le Col. Fortunately the snow was hard enough (especially on Sunday) to support 70 - 80 carvers digging the slope :lol:
On monday, with yellow / fog lenses the visibility was good enough to make EC :twisted: up to 12:00
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

extremedoudou
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by extremedoudou » Friday 4 February 2022, 13:57

My brother's wife is English. Recently, they made me listen to a piece that had been a hit in England a few years ago, but, strangely, we don't hear it in France.

By changing a single word of the chorus, we find the state of mind of these gatherings :tongue: :evil2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gl46hh3sQ
I don't need no speed (no)
I don't need no heroin (no thanks)
I don't want no coke (not today)
You can keep your ketamine
I'm a carving junkie (what?)
I'm a carving junkie (tell 'em again)
I'm a carving junkie (tell 'em again)
And I like it funky (yeah)
only needs
A Swoard + a well-groomed piste :twisted:

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 25 January 2023, 17:34

The past year has been a busy one! One crisis follows another, and the current economic situation poses new challenges... which we are meeting! :bravo: Always, and tirelessly for 20 years. :D

Priorities, and all that happens in the background (like simply running a company beside our other jobs, continuing to develop new products and organising events), have not left us enough time to feed this topic with photos and other things.
We have also been preparing the 20th ExtremeCarving Session for the last 3 months. :birthday:
Anyway, thanks for your patience! We will publish more pictures, and give access to the pictures to all the riders who participated to the meeting.

We close this topic for a while, to reopen it soon, with also the feedback of the 20 years anniversary!
See you soon :chinese:

The Swoard team