VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS EVENTS here in the YouTube channel
Next winter we all should be able to travel more easily, with the pandemic globally behind us. We know that many of you are in need of snow and carving!
Thus we are very excited to announce here the dates of the "Swoard Demo Tour 2022". This "Tour" includes of course the main event "ExtremeCarving Session (ECS)" (19th edition) and other meetings in resorts we have "certified for EC". "Demo" does not only mean that the participants can test Swoard boards, but also that they can watch demonstrations of extremecarving by the Swoard team (the founders and Swoard instructors).
La Grande Première
Rock On Snow
Swoard Demo Tour
- 18-19 December 2021: Hintertux (Austria, very close to Germany and Italy) > details and registration here
- 29-30-31 January 2022: Zinal (Valais, Switzerland) - MAIN EVENT - 19th SWOARD ExtremeCarving Session > details and registration in November
Book your hotel or apartment as soon as possible, in Zinal or Grimentz (both resorts are linked by a gondola)
- 12-13 March 2022: Pila (Aosta, Italy) > details and registration in January
During the SDT, free lessons (in Zinal) or advices are given to explain the ride technique we have developed from 1995 to 2001. This technique, easily identifiable, is especially adapted to the width and other specificities of the SWOARD Extremecarver (now the Gen5), the snowboard that inspired extremecarving. The words "rotation", "push-pull", "fluidity" and "gesture purity" will be part of your vocabulary. Advices on the settings of bindings and boots are also provided to fully benefit from all the advantages of the SWOARD snowboards.
At least 2-3 Swoard instructors will be present at each event. The Swoard team will be complete with 5 instructors during the main event "ExtremeCarving Session" in Zinal.
The model SWOARD Dual2 will also be available, with another new freeride/freecarve model (info soon)! Therefore the riders in soft boots are welcome!
The model SWOARD Extremecarver Pro2 is made in limited series by hand (in 3 sizes and 5 flexes): thus only few demo boards are available. The SWOARD-UPZ EC12 hardboots and the SWOARD Redline2 bindings are not in demo as the settings take too much time, but a few items can be seen and touched.
The Swoard team
Big thanks to all the people who are now also part of the Swoard team:
- the Swoard EC instructors: Arnaud, Frabass, Alex, Anthony, Julien, Sébastien and Petr
- the staff in organization: Arnaud, Joël, Frabass and Petr
- the staff in backstage: Jörg, Etienne and the Forum moderators
- the numerous volunteers helping us in the stands: Christophe, Flaviano, Christian and more (they will be listed after the ECS).
Without your help and passion, those events would not be possible since 18 years. We believe that this is contributing to make snowboard carving trendier in Europe and in the world. Actually many brands are now following on the softboots scene mainly, but with commercial goals. Progressively we are making alpine snowboarding more popular, in parallel to softboots carving.