Not EC...but quite good!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Not EC...but quite good!

Post by slayer » Tuesday 12 January 2021, 23:32

Happy New Year to the EC crowd,

2021 may be a victory for the long-suffering wife, who may finally get a proper anniversary celebration after these 4 years, and not a slightly broken husband recently back from Zinal EC! :-)

I don't have anything snowboard or EC to contribute, but I do have this:

Thought our Finnish members might find this amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyWN9ba9J8

As far as I can make out, this is a South African band remixing a blind Turkish man singing (I think) the Japanese version of a Finnish Folk song (Ievan Polkka)! It is what the Internet was made for, surely! :D Meme-fest with the cat....

The original song sounds something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_uq7ypZnc
You will notice our Turkish chap doesn't quite get the lyrics or indeed the language right (and who can blame him, the Finnish language has no similarities to its neighbours). Incidentally, he is rather famous for mangling languages, but it's the effort that counts, right? :-)

Translating Finnish lyrics to English is always rather scary (and indeed in this case, quite rude - Bad Google!), but I think it involves a boy trying to take a girl out on a date, and the girl's mother does not approve? Maybe Pokkis can do a better job than Google (he cannot do worse, seeing as what Google is suggesting doing to the "mother-in-law"! :oops: ).

Of course, you will find his other videos, where he similarly destroys lyrics in all languages, but has perfect percussion skills... Something to do for those nights in... Hope we kick Covid-19 to the curb and all come out stronger... Stay safe, everyone!

cheers,
Slayer
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium

Johann Knieschluss
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Not EC...but quite good!

Post by Johann Knieschluss » Wednesday 13 January 2021, 15:52

Fantastico!!! :D :D :D :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :hello: