SWOARD ECS 2020 > how to participate + questions

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

SWOARD ECS 2020 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 4 January 2020, 9:49

Hello! 8)
The ExtremeCarving Session (ECS) is approaching! :D :birthday: :silly: From Saturday 25 to Monday 27 January 2020 !
The snow conditions are already good in this area of the Alps! The slope "Barthelemy" has been opened with one month in advance in comparison to other years. And our reserved slope "Le Col" has been enlarged! For the first time, and depending on the conditions, we will organize a fun challenge at "Le Col" on Saturday.

This event, organized and sponsored by Swoard, has become much more than simple test days of the brand, because we also propose our ride technique which we tirelessly explain and teach by giving our setups, tips, secrets, etc. This is probably unique among all brands. We are passionate riders above all. :oops:

The session is open to the people who want to test Swoard boards, find the proper flex of board (it's like custom choice, another specificity of the brand), take free lessons with the Swoard EC instructors or share their experience. There is also room for soft boots riders thanks to the DUAL2 model and the great freeride domain.

If you can't join, there are other events of the Swoard Demo Tour 2020, as well as "La Grande Première" and "RockOn": Austria, Italy, France...

Step 1: find an accommodation as soon as possible

:arrow: If you have not booked your hotel in Zinal or Grimentz yet (the resorts are now connected by a gondola), don't wait anymore! The villages are small. Click here.

Step 2: read the documents and choose your package

:arrow: All details, activities, program and prices can be found in the page Events. :arrow: See Swoard ECS 2020 (PDF document).

:arrow: Each participant will need a blue package, a red package or a yellow package, to purchase BEFORE the event. In Zinal it will be too late: the skipasses are sold at normal price only.

Step 3: reserve your package online or by phone

:arrow: Direct link to the purchase of the packages online here.

:arrow: You also can contact the Reservation Center of "Sierre-Anniviers Marketing". It is NOT located in Zinal.
Phone number: +41 (0)848 848 027 (Mon-Fri 08:00-12:00 / 13:30-17:30)
E-mail address: info@sierre-anniviers.ch

Step 4: add your name to the list of participants

:arrow: Add your name in the other thread with the list of participants to inform the Forum community about your participation.

Any question related to this event?

All questions can be asked in this thread below! Thank you! 8)

The Swoard team

:arrow: Video - ExtremeCarving Session 2019:

YouTube film and download

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SWOARD ECS 2020 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 4 January 2020, 16:29

Good news! The prices of the packages in Swiss Francs (CHF) are still very attractive. They have even been reduced by 10 CHF, the goodies being no more included to leave the choice of taking them separately.

The normal price of the skipass in the "Val d'Anniviers" is 62 CHF per day.
For 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 consecutive days, the normal price is 109 / 160 / 210 / 255 / 290 / 323 CHF.

In consequence, for the people who are staying in the resort less than 7 days, it is always better value to take the blue package + a skipass for the additional days, instead of a skipass at full price for the entire stay + the yellow package.
:arrow: It is better value to take the yellow package only if you stay 7 days or more in the resort.

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 4 January 2020, 16:30

Don't hesitate to organize car sharing in the section Who When Where?.

If it's your first participation, here is the location of Zinal in the canton of Valais! :D Follow the highway Geneva-Lausanne-Sion-Sierre until "Sierre-Ouest". Take the exit "Val d'Anniviers" and then follow the direction "Zinal" or "Grimentz".

Further to east, in the next valley, people don't speak French but Swiss German... ;-)

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 4 January 2020, 16:30

Three frequent questions:

(1) Will it be possible to buy some DEMO boards at the stand? (and during the Swoard Demo Tour)

- The Extremecarver Gen5: no, because this is a recent model and the demo boards are new.

- The DUAL2: no, because this is a recent model and the demo boards are new.

- The Extremecarver Pro2: no, this model is made in limited series. There are few demo boards.

(2) Will it be possible to purchase some NEW boards during the ECS?

Not during the event, because we carry already more than 40 demo boards, and we could not take all the 3 sizes and 5 flexes! But it's possible to purchase your Swoard BEFORE the meeting and to get a delivery at your hotel in Zinal-Grimentz (even before your arrival), or your estate agency. The VAT is 7.7% and has to be paid directly to the shipping company (the Post). As well as 3% of custom taxes as the boards are shipped from France. Count 7-9 days for delivery after online purchase and payment, so please anticipate. Thanks!

(3) Will it be possible to test the new Swoard-UPZ EC12 hardboots?

As we carry so many boards and bags, it's not possible to take additional hardboots. Moreover everyone has to find his proper flex with the extra tongues and springs. However, one or two pairs will be visible at the stand.

The Swoard team

Vitaly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Vitaly » Saturday 4 January 2020, 20:44

Hello!
I have not read anything about Tooltonic! This time they will not give us the opportunity to buy their products? And then after all, consumables are finishing. And some, maybe, new sets would probably be bought.

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 5 January 2020, 9:26

As you can read on the Homepage of Tooltonic https://www.tooltonic.com/en/ Jean-Bernard has sold his company.
He is retiring.
But maybe, like last year, he will be present at the dinner and could sell some tools, as he is helping the new owners for a while. He will confirm at last minute. There won't be any Tooltonic stand on the snow, but only a presence at the dinner if confirmed.

The Swoard team

b.free
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by b.free » Monday 6 January 2020, 19:05

Hello Swoard Team,

Question:
Can I participate in the event if I am staying longer (9 days) in Zinal and already have other plans for Saturday night and won't be able to attend a dinner?!

Thanks.

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Monday 6 January 2020, 19:33

Hello,

It's not really participating. You will be a tourist among the skiers! ;-)
But you will be welcome at the stand. 8)

The Swoard team

b.free
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by b.free » Monday 6 January 2020, 21:11

I hope it's a joke:<)) since I am coming from overseas (USA). Would be really sad to visit Zinal and ECS as a tourist.

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 7 January 2020, 10:52

You guessed well. The ;-) was clear.
But it's sad to come from far and not meet people during good moments like the party. People with helmets and goggles are all the same.

The Swoard team

itramacere
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by itramacere » Sunday 12 January 2020, 11:48

Question: I will be able to participate only at the ECS Saturday event (during the day without dinner). Is there any package for this option ? how do I proceed ?

Thanks

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Sunday 12 January 2020, 18:02

No sorry, there is no arrangement with the resort and no package for just riding one day.
You have to get a skipass at full price.

The Swoard team

itramacere
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by itramacere » Monday 13 January 2020, 19:47

ok, so i get my the skipass and register my partecipation on the forum page.

But, can i join you on the reserved slopes, test swoard board, get some advice at the lessons and spend some time at the stand and get a glass of mulled wine ?

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Monday 13 January 2020, 20:10

Yes, we´re awaiting you. :hello:

And I will have some extra drinks with me :mrgreen:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Tuesday 21 January 2020, 23:16

Just putting it out there - looking for accommodation, Friday evening to Monday morning- willing to share/split costs.
But full disclosure - I have a bit of a cough going on. Pesky children!
otherwise, pretty well house-trained. :-)

Edit: Accommodation sorted! :-) I will be travelling Friday daytime - waste of a good snowboard day, but cannot be avoided! I feel lucky that I can attend at all this year. :-) See you all there!
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium