Swoard EC vs F2 Vantage or other

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

ward
Rank 2
Rank 2

Swoard EC vs F2 Vantage or other

Post by ward » Wednesday 27 November 2019, 16:58

Hi all,

I'm riding a F2 Silberpfeil now and would like a new board. The Swoard EC does look like a nice board but i'm bit afraid of the width...
What can i expect when switching to a wider board. And how will the Swoard perform as allround board.

Maybe the Vantage is also an option but how will it relate to a swoard EC and Silberpfeil? User/Rider experience asked here ;-) :D

Thanks for some advice!
Carving on board & ski's - Swoard EC Pro1 - Atomic SL D2 / Wind(foil)surfing

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Swoard EC vs F2 Vantage or other

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 27 November 2019, 20:03

Hello,

With the search tools, you can find some threads about such recurrent question. For example here.
Moreover, you can read the FAQ about what an EC board is really, like the Swoard original EC board. Going wide is one of the keys, but not the only one. A wide board is not automatically an EC board. :D And then come all the questions about the ride technique as well as the setup, the bindings, the hardboots... This Website, this Forum and all our events were made to give tips about all this. And meeting people is the best to exchange experiences. :chinese:

The Swoard team

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Wednesday 27 November 2019, 20:12

The width is not really a problem. It's just a matter of setting. If you want to keep high binding angle it's better to keep a narrow board. But if you are excited to learn and manage another snowboarding technique, wide boards are really nice and versatile.
As said above, not any wide board is good for EC. The Vantage is a poor copy attempt of the swoard Extremecarver. It has a poor bump absorption and doesn't give a good and confident feeling during the turns.
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

ward
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ward » Wednesday 27 November 2019, 22:07

Swoard team wrote:
Wednesday 27 November 2019, 20:03
Hello,

With the search tools, you can find some threads about such recurrent question. For example here.
Moreover, you can read the FAQ about what an EC board is really, like the Swoard original EC board. Going wide is one of the keys, but not the only one. A wide board is not automatically an EC board. :D And then come all the questions about the ride technique as well as the setup, the bindings, the hardboots... This Website, this Forum and all our events were made to give tips about all this. And meeting people is the best to exchange experiences. :chinese:

The Swoard team
I can not find much in comparison. This post is also 7 years ago... But i get the point.
Will the Swoard also have a bit race-like feeling like the silberpfeil or do i need to forget about agressive SL turns with the Swoard EC and go for another way of fun riding?

When would the advise turn into Pro2? When reading some, i feel into pro2 because of my Silberpfeil experience. Will the difference be so big, EC vs Pro2?

are there people in The Netherlands who have EC/Pro2 168m who will let me try indoor? Won't be able to go to meetings unless in The Netherlands.

ward
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ward » Wednesday 27 November 2019, 22:14

Arnaud wrote:
Wednesday 27 November 2019, 20:12
The width is not really a problem. It's just a matter of setting. If you want to keep high binding angle it's better to keep a narrow board. But if you are excited to learn and manage another snowboarding technique, wide boards are really nice and versatile.
As said above, not any wide board is good for EC. The Vantage is a poor copy of the swoard Extremecarver. It has a poor bump absorption and doesn't give a good and confident feeling during the turns
With my size 42(EU) RC10 boots I already have minimum angles without toe/heel drag. Don't know precise angles now, need to look it up. (front is about 5 degrees more than rear foot). I do believe that i have the feeling with lower angles it will be easier to put edge pressure in the snow.

etienne
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by etienne » Monday 2 December 2019, 14:13

I had a Silberpfeil 162 before switching to Swoard EC (Gen3).

The Silberpfeil was a great board for speeding and fast carving on blue / red slope, even if mine was a little too short. But each time I tried to lie down a little more, I was ending on my butt or belly … the width of the Silberpfeil is really a problem.
Even with the Gen3, the width was absolutely not a problem, it was much better.
To be honest, the Gen3 had not as much punch and response as the Silberpfeil for speeding, but is was huge better for learning extremecarving and was also better for fast carving.
The difference was greater with the Gen4, I would say its stability at high speed was equal to the SP.
I didn’t took back the Silberpfeil since the Gen5, but no doubt the Gen5 punch, pop and stability is far far above for speeding and fast carving. Even on red / black slope !

In your case, I think the Gen5 would be more appropriate. The Pro has the same capabilities for pure speeding, (even more), but the Gen5 has more pop and a quicker response.

Another huge difference between a lot of boards and the EC (both Gen5 and Pro2) is the easiness and the polyvalence. You can ride from very cool to very aggressive, without “fighting against your board” and without beeing rapidly exhausted!

Last point : be careful with the Vantage and try it if possible. I never tried it, but I heard more than once that it absolutely don’t has the characteristic’s of the real Silberpfeil plus an appropriate width, just the name!
Winter is coming ... again

ward
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ward » Monday 2 December 2019, 19:41

Thanks for your review! Hope there are some more people out there with some experience on both Gen / F2 boards...
You almost let me directly buy the Gen5 8O