VIDEOS OF PREVIOUS EVENTS here in the YouTube channel
MOST RECENT 16th ECS: YouTube film and download.
We are very excited to announce here the dates of the "Swoard Demo Tour 2020". This "Tour" includes of course the main event "ExtremeCarving Session (ECS)" (17th edition) and other meetings in resorts we have "certified for EC". "Demo" does not only mean that the participants can test Swoard boards, but also that they can watch demonstrations of extremecarving by the Swoard team (the founders and Swoard instructors).
Warning: this year there won't be any event in Peyragudes (Pyrenees, France) and in Courchevel (France) anymore. From now we will focus on our three major events in Europe and on two other meetings in France:
La Grande Première
Rock On Snow
Swoard Demo Tour
- 14-15 December 2019: Hintertux (Austria, very close to Germany and Italy) > details and registration here
- 25-26-27 January 2020: Zinal (Valais, Switzerland) - MAIN EVENT - 17th SWOARD ExtremeCarving Session > details and registration here
Book your hotel or apartment as soon as possible, in Zinal or Grimentz (both resorts are linked by a gondola)
- 14-15 March 2020: Pila (Aosta, Italy) > details and registration here
During the SDT, free lessons (in Zinal) or advices are given to explain the ride technique we have developed from 1995 to 2001. This technique, easily identifiable, is especially adapted to the width and other specificities of the SWOARD Extremecarver (now the Gen5), the snowboard that inspired extremecarving. The words "rotation", "push-pull", "fluidity" and "gesture purity" will be part of your vocabulary. Advices on the settings of bindings and boots are also provided to fully benefit from all the advantages of the SWOARD snowboards.
At least 2-3 Swoard instructors will be present at each event. The Swoard team will be complete with 5 instructors during the main event "ExtremeCarving Session" in Zinal.
The model SWOARD Dual2 will also be available. Therefore the riders in soft boots are welcome!
The third model, the SWOARD Extremecarver Pro2, is made in limited series by hand (in 3 sizes and 5 flexes): thus only few demo boards are available. The SWOARD Redline bindings and other SWOARD products are not in demo as the settings take too much time.
The Swoard team
Big thanks to all the people who are now also part of the Swoard team:
- the Swoard EC instructors: Arnaud, Frabass, Alex, Anthony, Julien, Sébastien and Petr
- the staff in organization: Arnaud, Joël, Frabass and Petr
- the staff in backstage: Jörg, Etienne and the Forum moderators
- the numerous volunteers helping us in the stands: Christophe, Flaviano, Christian and more (they will be listed after the ECS).
Without your help and passion, those events would not be possible since 16 years. We believe that this is contributing to make snowboard carving trendier in Europe and in the world. Actually many brands are now following on the softboots scene mainly, but with commercial goals. Progressively we will make alpine snowboarding more popular too.