Centering boot in binding

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Centering boot in binding

Post by bluedevil_zg » Tuesday 12 March 2019, 17:28

How do you cemter your boot in binding?

For example, would this be a good approach: enlarge the binding to the max, and then equaly bring toe-plate and heel-plate closer, until boot is in snugly as it should be.

Or does the toe-plate (or the heel-plate) be more towards the center, so that they’re not equal?

Boots I have put in binding centered (enlarged binding to the max, then retracted both heel and toe plate equally), and then put binding on the board centered, when I look at it, it seems that smallest distance from toe-side edge and toe-side part of the binding is a tad smaller than the same thing on the heel side: heel-side corner of binding that is closest to the heel-side edge is a bit different. Like 1 mm, but if you concentrate you can see it.
So I was wondering is that normal, because binding (F2 titanium race) is not equal (toe-plate and heel-plate are a bit different), or ismy binding uncetered?

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Centering boot in binding

Post by Matti » Tuesday 12 March 2019, 17:46

Pro 2
Complete

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluedevil_zg » Tuesday 12 March 2019, 19:24

So it’s all about boot not having overhang. Doesn’t matter if the boot is cenetered on binding and/or on the board, it’s only important that there’s no overhang?

I’m just saying I’m not sure if there’s equal ammount of plastic from my big toe to the most forward front end point of the boot and from the back of my heel to the most rear end point of boot. In other words, if You were to measure the boot from one extreme to the other and divide it by 2 (finding boot’s center) and then measuring your foot in the same manner, finding the center, I’m not so sure that when your foot is inside the boot that those tew centers would be in the same point.
Also... when you stand straight up, waiting for the bus, your weight is more on your heels and less on your toes. But when you flex your knees like you do on a board in relaxed, eutral position, then the weight is more towards the toes, maybe somewhere in center of the foot, but surely not mostly on heel.

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Wednesday 13 March 2019, 9:24

bluedevil_zg wrote:
Tuesday 12 March 2019, 19:24
So it’s all about boot not having overhang. Doesn’t matter if the boot is cenetered on binding and/or on the board, it’s only important that there’s no overhang?
Yes.
How can one do EC with boot overhang? :silly: It´s not possible.

But of course everyone can make his own experiences.
Please tell us about your results.

By the way: original Fuego test was done with empty bottles. :evil2:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Matti » Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10:09

joemzl wrote:
bluedevil_zg wrote:
Tuesday 12 March 2019, 19:24
By the way: original Fuego test was done with empty bottles. :evil2:
Yes - next day test... Image... 3 litre vine boxes.
Pro 2
Complete

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10:14

Just found out, that the picture in your link is gone Matti.
But nextcarve posted it here again:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13359&p=128695&hil ... st#p128695
:chinese:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Friday 15 March 2019, 18:30

bluedevil_zg wrote:So it’s all about boot not having overhang. Doesn’t matter if the boot is cenetered on binding and/or on the board, it’s only important that there’s no overhang?

I’m just saying I’m not sure if there’s equal ammount of plastic from my big toe to the most forward front end point of the boot and from the back of my heel to the most rear end point of boot. In other words, if You were to measure the boot from one extreme to the other and divide it by 2 (finding boot’s center) and then measuring your foot in the same manner, finding the center, I’m not so sure that when your foot is inside the boot that those tew centers would be in the same point.
Also... when you stand straight up, waiting for the bus, your weight is more on your heels and less on your toes. But when you flex your knees like you do on a board in relaxed, eutral position, then the weight is more towards the toes, maybe somewhere in center of the foot, but surely not mostly on heel.
All new boots has a sign of the center.
Place it more or less in the center of the bindings
www.carvers.it