Thinking about new boots - have a question

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thinking about new boots - have a question

Post by bluedevil_zg » Tuesday 5 March 2019, 14:20

So I’m in the market for new boots, and I’m looking at Deeluxe Track 700.
I have Deeluxe Suzuka now, but they’re pretty old and I want to replace them.
The problem is, there isn’t any shop that has them to try around. Closest one would be 4+ hours drive there, and as much back. Too far away.
On the other hand, I’m completely satisfied with my current boots regarding the size. So the question is - since new ones would be from the same manufacturer, is it ok for me to order the same MO size as my current ones?
Measuring my foot on the floor, heel to wall and measuring to biggest toe, it is 29.2-29.3. If I understand correctly, you’re surposed to downsize to nearest whole number, which would be 29. And my current (old) boots liners are - 29. So in my opinion I should have no size problems if I order new boots in size 29. Am I correct?

I’d take them with Palau thermo liners, in size 29, and online since I can get a very good price for them.

And additional question - if I canget the older 700 model (red & white) even cheaper, what’s the difference with newest model (black & gold)? It’s about €100 difference in price (which could be used for a speing system, for example), and I can’t google a direct comparison to see what’s the real difference.

Thanx on advice!!

P.S.
I know the best option would be to try boots on, but that’s really not an option for me.

rahan31
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Thinking about new boots - have a question

Post by rahan31 » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 19:30

With thermo liners if you are ok with 29 mondo after molding them it should be ok. It seems that red/white and black 700 are similar but I never test them.
If the shells of your Suzuka works well, an alternative could be done: just change your liners for new palau overlap and save money for instaling a spring system :D
ECpro161M,F2,Raichle124+ACSS+Palau
SwellPanik Magistral175
Volkl Selecta163
SP Fastec,Burton DriverX

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 20:21

The right size of the boots is written on the heels in mm.

The new black AF has the front buckle reversed so it doesn't have any interference with the binding lever
www.carvers.it

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluedevil_zg » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 20:33

Good idea about putting just new liner in my old boots. Why I never thought of that? Just because boots are old doesn’t mean they’re gone. Kinda like me :silly:

Anyways, I do have one problem (or maybe it’s not a problem) on my rear foot: the half-moon rivet is rising. The bolt is firm and tight, I removed it with imbus key and put it back on, but when I tighten it and ride with boots, the ends of half moon seem to rise a bit from the boot. Like the halfmoon is flexing. I don’t know if that is a problem to worry about or not? The bolt that is there is firm, closed, it doesn’t unscrew or anything, just the plastic half moon ends are rising. And just on my rear foot.

To worry or not to worry?

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 20:35

Just try to change the half moon
www.carvers.it

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluedevil_zg » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 20:46

Can’t find it anywhere.
On one site only I found the half moon rivet, as they call it, but that’s for the outside of boot. Side where buckles are.
My problem is on opposite side, side that is between the legs (right side on left boot, or left side of right boot). That half moon has a bolt head in center that can be tightened or losened with imbus. And I never anywhere saw that half moon to buy.

Really, that half moon on inside, with bolt, to me looks like something with only a decorative value. It is soft plastic, very soft, you could bite it with teeth with not much problem. Seems like a decoration around the bolt, really. But I can’t be sure.

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluedevil_zg » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 21:03

Damn. Never mind. I just went to check my boots, and I saw that it’s completely gone! Bolt dissapeared and inner nut is broken, so I need to replace that whole assembly. Or get new boots.

Must have broken off when I fell a month ago and injured my ankle. Because since that moment I didn’t check my boots until now.

Damn.

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 21:18

Maybe you injured your ankle because you already have loosen the bolt

https://www.carversparadise.com/index.p ... 130a10c5c2

www.carvers.it

bluedevil_zg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bluedevil_zg » Wednesday 6 March 2019, 21:51

Maybe I fell because of that - but I injured my front foot, and my rear boot is broken.

Thanx for the link, but they want to charge me €70 shipping for €28 worth of stuff. That’s too much :(

Zemely
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Zemely » Friday 12 April 2019, 22:29

bluedevil_zg wrote:
Tuesday 5 March 2019, 14:20
So I’m in the market for new boots, and I’m looking at Deeluxe Track 700.
What is your weight and height?
You can try to find Deeluxe Indy - stiffness between Suzuka and Track 700.

Shell all models of AF-series is the same. Inside - one to one. Outside - the shape is different depending on the hardware.
Size in Mondo Point (write INSIDE of shell) - the same on all models, in centimeters.
Replace the Liners - a very sensible solution. Replacing canting is necessary.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DonAntonioSPB
BRGDS, Anton

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Friday 12 April 2019, 23:56

Sorry but in my experience the red Indy are the stiffer boots in the af series
www.carvers.it

Zemely
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Zemely » Saturday 13 April 2019, 10:33

I have information from manufacturer: shell+cuff.
Suzuka - 56D+56D
Indy Orange - 56D+70D
Indy Red, Track 700 08/09 - 59D+59D
Track 700 -62D+62D.

Boots could seem stiffness for various reasons. Shell size and foot, experience, settings, liners, torques, lean cuff.

I ride all models AF-series in one size for a long time and have my own objective opinion. Also I did vario combination shell and cuff AF-series.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DonAntonioSPB
BRGDS, Anton