16th ExtremeCarving Session, 2019: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

16th ExtremeCarving Session, 2019: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by Swoard team » Monday 28 January 2019, 17:20

Please post your feedback in this thread below and do not create new subject.
Your words and your support give motivation to the organizer and all the volunteers. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------

:clap3: It was a great Session again with awesome EC on Saturday and Sunday. :silly: Low temperature and quality of snow allowed the slopes to resist very well against the carving trenches all day. On Monday we got fresh powder for nice freeriding. Saturday was very sunny, and the two following days have benefited from beautiful clearings. 8)
The dinner on Saturday in Sorebois (at 2440 m) contributed to a particularly nice and friendly ambiance. We screened the film of the day (see below), the slideshow of the day (see below too) and the preview of a nice film from two ancient participants who are spreading EC. :bravo:

Here is the group photo on Saturday:
ECS2019_group_Saturday_big.jpg
:arrow: Picture in very high resolution: click the image (or get it by download here - 4.3 MB)

Personal thanks from Patrice, the organizer:
Warm thanks to all the people who helped Swoard before and during the three days. :bravo: Without them, this event would not exist. :pray2:
Not in alphabetical order: Christian (the photographer), Holly, Etienne, Joël, François, Arnaud, Anthony, Julien, José, Valérie, Mallorie, Julien D. (the cameraman and film editor), Antoine B. (2nd cameraman), Laurent R. (drone pilot) and all the other people who helped (like Gildas and Eymeric).

:arrow: FILM
The cameraman Julien D. with the help of Antoine B. and Laurent R. has filmed and edited this nice film quickly on Saturday, so it could be screened during the dinner (after the event he added subtitles in English). Watch it on YouTube channel.

:arrow: SLIDESHOW
Our official photographer Christian has shot great pictures and made this slideshow which has been screened during the Saturday dinner:
- on Youtube
- for downloading (66 MB)

:arrow: PHOTOS
Best pictures are available in the Facebook album of the event. You can see some of them below.

:arrow: FUTURE
The dates of the Swoard ECS 2020 are already known: from Jan 25th to 27th, 2020 ! :D 8) Add it to your calendar, we are looking forward to seeing you and riding together!

The Swoard team

Sorebois_26.01.2019.jpg
:arrow: Click the picture to enlarge

Bar_à_pente_26.01.2019.jpg
:arrow: Click the picture to enlarge

olive
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 16th ExtremeCarving Session, 2019: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by olive » Monday 28 January 2019, 19:44

Another great EC Session! :clap3: :bravo:
A huge thanks to Patrice and the team for the (as always) flawless organization.
I attended just Saturday: unbelievable snow quality, gorgeous sunny weather, perfect friendly atmosphere. 8)
I had regrets not being there today as it seemed to be splendid for free riding with the fresh snow.
I look forward to the next session...
Swoard EC Pro2 168H
Swell Panik Magistral 185

Surfing is life, the rest is details

Yain²
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yain² » Thursday 31 January 2019, 16:46

Hi all,

As far as i come to Zinal (nearly ten times) and as i remember well the previous sessions i think that this one was the best of all.

Sunny weather, no wind, no cloud and cold temperatures. It snowed only Sunday afternoon. But this fresh snow allowed us to freeride in 15/20cm of fresh powder on all Monday morning! Fabulous!! :twisted:

Slopes were also in very good conditions : not icy but hard enough not to be destroyed too quickly.
The slope Le Col has been enlarged this year. It offers us more runs on it : on the right, on the left, in the middle :-)
The Barthélémy slope was just fabulous on the sunday morning.
It's the first session which allows us to EC in good condition in the afternoon!!

Swoarders' level increase each year, it's fabulous! Perhaps one day we will be as strong as Patrice! Or perhaps not but be careful Patrice youngs padawan are behind you :-)

And as usually the Saturday night dinner with pictures and films of the day to see each other skills' on the slopes!

So just one word to conclude : don't come to Zinal next year! Slopes are only green level, weather is always cloudy and people are not nice at all !! :P :P

PS : many thanks to Patrice and all the team :clap:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 31 January 2019, 18:59

In my opinion, it has been one of the three best ECS ever in 16 sessions! 8) :D
And I'm not talking only about the awesome EC days on Saturday and Sunday! 8O

On Sunday afternoon we decided to close the stand on Monday so all the team and staff could enjoy freeriding in fresh powder after the snow falls. We are passionate riders above all. As I often say: "When the waves are there, go ride them!". 8)

Another good point, though there was many well known faces, we also got many people in the free EC lessons on Saturday and Sunday! :bravo:

All this is a lot of work, but it is worth the effort for spreading extremecarving and seeing happy faces every year. :birthday:

When I will be 95 years old I will retire. The young riders have time to train! ;-)

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 31 January 2019, 22:09

About the young riders: see Louis, 12 years old! :bravo:

Patrice Fivat

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Matti » Thursday 31 January 2019, 22:20

Wow - that's very flat and nice turn!
That's my target for this season
Pro 2
Complete

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Saturday 2 February 2019, 16:27

What can I say about this session?

It has been a perfect session !!! Awesome organisation, weather and slope conditions :clap: :clap:
All this could be seen at the Saturday evening dinner by looking at the great pictures of Christian and the video created by those superb guys.

Many many thanks to all who made this possible again, with a special thanks to Patrice who dedicates his spare time and keeps arranging this beautiful event !
I really hope I can continue to keep Swoarding for many years and come to this event and meet you all.
See you again next year
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

Dmitry
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dmitry » Friday 8 February 2019, 17:25

My one minute video. I had test Swoard Pro2, much better than my board in frontside! Of course, it’s not same what is Patrice doing, but anyway.

https://youtu.be/FGE-3AlXkUY

Thanks to my wife for video)

sylvain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sylvain » Monday 11 February 2019, 9:59

very nice ! and so a nice color in red!!!

wangxyw
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wangxyw » Thursday 14 February 2019, 10:57

Bravo, hope join again next year! :D