Swoard on Board: the FPV movie

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

get!em
Rank 3
Rank 3

Swoard on Board: the FPV movie

Post by get!em » Monday 15 October 2018, 19:18

Just for fun, mounted a TomTom Bandit on my ECg4. Skiresort: Cerna Hora - Pec, locality: Cerny Dul. Country: Czech Republic.
Compilation of onboard video's with a nice music by Greta van Fleet, a nice Rock Band with a new album.

Enjoy...(the bumpy ride.)...

iPhone_IMG_3526.jpg

(ps, moderator: media or direct link to video does not embed anymore, and hyperlinking from image is not possible :) )
Swoarc Dual 2 175 / softboot
Swoard EC 4gen 175 / race titanium

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Swoard on Board: the FPV movie

Post by fivat » Tuesday 16 October 2018, 17:33

Cool idea to add the speed and the accelerometer measurements on screen! :bravo:

It would be nice if it was possible to smooth the acceleration measurements, because they seem to be influenced a lot by shaking.

How did you manage to synchronize the measurements with the images?
get!em wrote:
Monday 15 October 2018, 19:18
(ps, moderator: media or direct link to video does not embed anymore, and hyperlinking from image is not possible :) )
There must be an empty line between the YouTube link and the text. We edited your post to add this line. Now the video is well embed! :D

Patrice Fivat

get!em
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Swoard on Board: the FPV movie

Post by get!em » Tuesday 16 October 2018, 20:54

fivat wrote:
Tuesday 16 October 2018, 17:33
How did you manage to synchronize the measurements with the images?
Mounted on my head/helmet it gets better damped.

The GPS and G-meter are included in the camera (optional heart rate can be added). It is recorded inside the videostream. With the desktop app that is supplied with the camera, I can make the video's including the measurements onscreen.

The idea behind the camera: it automatically adds highlight markers within the video on moments the measurements see something spectacular: jump, steep drop, high G, high speed, etc. With that information it is possible to compose a highlight-video within minutes after recording. Works great.

As you can see in this video, the gps fix was after first seconds.

It is a pity the company did not make an update to this camera (it is waterproof, gpsincluded, charging can by done by USB). It is an ideal camera. BUt no software updates, and there is no version 2.0 comming for Tomtom bandit.

I do not master the laid down turn yet.
Swoarc Dual 2 175 / softboot
Swoard EC 4gen 175 / race titanium