...opinion request about a board

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

lobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

...opinion request about a board

Post by lobella » Wednesday 23 October 2002, 14:22

Hi all....
the next month I'll go to surf for some days...now I've a Madd 168
that's not so bad but the waist widht is only 192mm...so the angle
I'm riding are 60/55.
While I'm waiting for a real EC board I'm thinking to buy a wider board.
I've realized that there aren't board that respect EC specifications....the
only board with a wider waist are FC board with poor contact lenght and small radius.
I've found a board that seems not so bad...and I'd like to hear some opinions about this board...the Freecarvig 168 by Blackhole.
The radius is only 10000 ( better than others FC boards ) but I like the contact lenght ( 168/150 ) and the shape itself remember a little bit the real EC board with a square tail and short nose, while the waist widht is
215mm.
One old 2K magazine I've found speak about this board more like a race than a FC board for its longitudinal stifness....about torsional stifness...I don't know.
What do you think about, can be this board a good starting point for approching EC technique while I'm waiting for EC boards ?

take a look here:
www.blackholesnowboards.com

bye

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Wednesday 23 October 2002, 15:22

Hi Iobella,

You are right, the 168 model looks quite good for EC.
If the flex and torsion are correct (that can only be known by testing on the sow) it could do the job for the begining.

Jacques

lobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lobella » Wednesday 23 October 2002, 17:46

Hi and thanks for your super fast answer....
I've already receive a mail from Blackhole....they can sell the board for 325 Euro including taxes and shipment costs, so I think I'll try to buy the board....unless you've already receive the fiber you're waiting and your prototype is already done and working !!!

bye bye...and thanks for all that you're doing...I was afraid that the alpine feeling of the snowboard was dieing....until I've seen your tecnique !!!

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

You may want to look at Coiler as well.

Post by yyzcanuck » Wednesday 23 October 2002, 19:49

If you haven't already purchased the Blackhole board, consider a Coiler AllMountain. In the non-listed section of the site http://www.coiler.com/nonlisted%20used.html, there is a 177 with 12.7 m radius, and 23 cm waist.

There is a picture of the board in the 'patrons area http://www.coiler.com/patrons.html.

lobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lobella » Wednesday 23 October 2002, 21:21

Hi...!
thank you for the information
I've already studied the coiler home page...the numbers are interesting
but I haven't seen any pictures.....the link you've provided for the image doesn't work for me....cos' you've seen the board can you tell me more about the shape ?....is the tail rounded or square rounded ?..and the nose ?
thanks in advance

bye

yyzcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

Try MS IE to view Coiler.

Post by yyzcanuck » Thursday 24 October 2002, 2:41

The problem might be that you're using an early version of NetScape. Try MS Internet Explorer to view the Coiler site.
Yes, I've seen the board... I'm looking at it right now in my home!
I'll post a pic temporarily on another site, where you can view it.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~dwmorgan/las_ ... ave_01.jpg

I'm sorry, but that pic doesn't show the tail so well, but I can tell you it isn't rounded like a freeride board, but as you called it, square/rounded. I will try to take more pictures of the board tomorrow, and provide a proper link to them...[/img]

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 24 October 2002, 12:12

Hi, I am the lucky one to have a Blackhole board the Alpine 168cm! :lol:
I like it very much, I did some nice things on it the last years. It is a very relaxed board in the means of dampening, the price and quality ratio is good too, I think. Most of the time I ride my F2 Silberpfeil now but on the days when the slopes are bad, stones and like that, I take the runs with my blackhole alpine,
Check www.stormpages.com/spyeyes/fotoden.htm
there are pictures of me on the Blackhole from jan 2001

But the EC-board should be the better choice :wink:

greetz
Ablazespy/ Dènis

lobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lobella » Thursday 24 October 2002, 14:25

Hi and thanks for your comments
by your photos seems that is possible to begin EC tecnique with the Blackhole board.
I'm sure that the real EC board would be the right choice....it will be my next board....but I'm sure that the first boards will not ready for two or threee months.
Tell me one thing...how do you ride with the silberpfeil ?
i like it very much but the waist widht is only 182mm.... wich are your bindings angles ?
I've sent a mail to Coiler for one custom board but I think that I'll get for now the Blackhole....the custom Colier will cost too much and I want to keep money for the REAL EC board when it will be ready !
bye

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 24 October 2002, 20:08

it's 18.4 but the 2mm don't give a lower angle I can ride it 58/53 it's fast and I can get very low but not like J&P I tried higher angles but that does not work for the body and knees in EC for race carving it is the most excelent board.

have good luck making a choice!!

Dènis 8) 8) 8)