Can I make extremecarving laid turns on F2 Silberpfeil??????

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 2 February 2005, 16:20

Fivat,

I was a bit late in the first morning, but yes I can confirm that.

The attached pic was shot on the first dayat 11.33 am and still, the slope was empty (maybe the snow was a bit too soft, but that's only my personal opinion).

On the other hand such a long, wide, straight, steep black slope is quite uniqe in Europe, at least as far as I know from my own experience. Zinal is a fantastic place, wish I could practice more there.

Cheers,

István
Attachments
Zinal2.jpg
Zinal2.jpg (37.04 KiB) Viewed 4415 times

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Unique in Europe?!

Post by fivat » Wednesday 2 February 2005, 18:26

8)
Cool picture!

Zinal is 2h away from my home, while there are some resorts 45 min away (like "La Clusaz" in France). Don't ask why I go so far, hehe ;-)

Actually there are good black slopes everywhere (like in "La Clusaz") but they are often too crowded... I hate the chair-lifts that bring too much people on the slopes. In the case of Zinal, I really see a difference: 3 years ago, there was no chair-lift close to the slope of the image given by István... It was much better: no risk of collision and the snow was destroyed less quickly!

Patrice Fivat

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Good spots as Zinal

Post by István » Wednesday 2 February 2005, 19:10

Patrice (sorry for addressing you as Fivat in my previous thread :pray2: ),

You are right, chair lifts indeed bring more people, but T-bars also have their disadvantages as we discussed in some previous topics (i.e. balls :lol: ).

You say that there are quite good black slopes like this, but frankly the ones that I've seen in Austria are usually shorter or not this wide (ok, except for a few in Tirol), in France in my experience they are not that well groomed. I could find similarily good ones in Italy, but not too many.

Of course I have not been to that many places, if I add it up for the last 9 years it would be something like 20-25 places. Maybe I should freshen up my snowboard map - suggestions are highly appreciated, especially for Austria.

The pic was shot with my phone, so it's also a big surprise for me that it looks ok. The only thing I wonder is that where were all you guys at 11.33 am on Friday?? :roll:

The following pic was taken 1 minute before, from the same bar, showing the slope downhill (I think the black board with red writing on the right bottom of the pic is my Virus, but cannot really make it out).

U C? This part is also empty.....

Kindest,

István
Attachments
Zinal1.jpg
Zinal1.jpg (32.74 KiB) Viewed 4373 times

dcoudert
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dcoudert » Thursday 3 February 2005, 0:15

The only thing I wonder is that where were all you guys at 11.33 am on Friday?? :roll:
Well, Benn and I arrived only at noon in Zinal and some time later on the slope...

nice picture.

D.

NardaF
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NardaF » Thursday 10 February 2005, 22:25

...Cool photo of the empty slope!!!

But wait!!!!!....What's that tiny black speck on the slope, about halfway up? Could it be........Patrice? Or Jaques?

Sorry, slope is too crowded for me (LOL)!
NARDA