SWOARD ECS 2017 > how to participate + questions

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

SWOARD ECS 2017 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 31 December 2016, 17:25

Hello! 8)
The ExtremeCarving Session (ECS) is finally approaching! :D :birthday: :silly: From Sunday 28 to Monday 30 January 2017 !
Don't miss this 14th session of ExtremeCarving, a discipline named like this by the small brand Swoard, creator and developer of the EC boards and the EC technique... and which has become so popular thanks to you. :D All started here and has spread worldwide.

This event, organized and sponsored by Swoard, has become much more than simple test days of the brand, because we also propose our ride technique which we tirelessly explain and teach by giving our setups, tips, secrets, etc. This is probably unique among all brands. We are passionate riders above all. :oops:

The session is open to the people who want to test Swoard boards, find the proper flex of board (it's like custom choice, another specificity of the brand), take free lessons with the Swoard EC instructors or share their experience. There is also room for soft boots riders thanks to the DUAL model and the great freeride domain.

If you can't join, there are other events of the Swoard Demo Tour 2017: Austria, France, Italy, ...
Moreover you can contact one of our 11 Test Centers.

Step 1: find an accommodation as soon as possible

:arrow: If you have not booked your hotel in Zinal or Grimentz yet (the resorts are now connected by a gondola), don't wait anymore! The villages are small. Click here.

NEW: -10% rebate in four hotels: info here. :bravo:

:arrow: It is also possible to rent an apartment for 3-4 days only!
The estate agencies are here.

Step 2: read the documents and choose your package

:arrow: All details, activities, program and prices can be found in the page Events. :arrow: See Swoard ECS 2017 (PDF document).

:arrow: Each participant will need a blue package, a red package or a yellow package, to purchase BEFORE the event. In Zinal it will be too late: the skipasses are sold at normal price only.

Step 3: reserve your package online or by phone

:arrow: Direct link to the purchase of the packages online here.

:arrow: You also can contact the Reservation Center of "Sierre-Anniviers Marketing". It is NOT located in Zinal.
Phone number: +41 (0)848 848 027 (Mon-Fri 08:00-12:00 / 13:30-17:30)
E-mail address: info@sierre-anniviers.ch

Step 4: add your name to the list of participants

:arrow: Add your name in the other thread with the list of participants to inform the Forum community about your participation.

Any question related to this event?

All questions can be asked in this thread below! Thank you! 8)

The Swoard team

Group photo - ExtremeCarving Session 2016:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: Videos - ExtremeCarving Session 2016: YouTube film and download
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SWOARD ECS 2017 > how to participate + questions

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 31 December 2016, 17:55

Good news! We managed to keep the prices of the packages in Swiss Francs (CHF) as low as last year.

The normal price of the skipass in the "Val d'Anniviers" is 58 CHF per day.
For 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 consecutive days, the normal price is 109 / 160 / 210 / 255 / 290 / 323 CHF.

In consequence, for the people who are staying in the resort less than 7 days, it is always better value to take the blue package + a skipass for the additional days, instead of a skipass at full price for the entire stay + the yellow package.
:arrow: It is better value to take the yellow package only if you stay 7 days or more in the resort.

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 31 December 2016, 17:56

Don't hesitate to organize car sharing in the section Who When Where?.

If it's your first participation, here is the location of Zinal in the canton of Valais! :D Follow the highway Geneva-Lausanne-Sion-Sierre until "Sierre-Ouest". Take the exit "Val d'Anniviers" and then follow the direction "Zinal" or "Grimentz".

Further to east, in the next valley, people don't speak French but Swiss German... ;-)

The Swoard team

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Saturday 31 December 2016, 17:59

Two frequent questions:

(1) Will it be possible to buy some DEMO boards at the stand? (and during the Swoard Demo Tour)

- The Extremecarver Gen4: yes, because we are progressively changing them by Gen5.
Please ask Patrice at the stand. The few boards will be sold from Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

- The DUAL: yes, because we are progressively changing them by DUAL2.
Please ask Patrice at the stand. The few boards will be sold from Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

- The Extremecarver Pro (and Pro2): no, this model is made in limited series. Anyway the Gen4 (whose demo boards can be bought) is an amazing board for the riders who want to progress in carving and EC during the session, from beginner to expert.

(2) Will it be possible to purchase some NEW boards during the ECS?

Not during the event, because we carry already more than 40 demo boards, and we could not take all the 3 sizes and 5 flexes! But it's possible to purchase your Swoard BEFORE the meeting and to get a delivery at your hotel in Zinal-Grimentz (even before your arrival), or your estate agency. The VAT is 8% and has to be paid directly to the shipping company (the Post). Count 7-9 days for delivery after online purchase and payment, so please anticipate. Thanks!

The Swoard team

nextcarve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by nextcarve » Saturday 31 December 2016, 21:10

Dear Swoard Team

I'll be in Zinal for more than 7 days. How can I book the ECS 2017 event without a skipass?

regards
nextcarve
MOON & CARVE: The Raceboard Event, Elsigen-Metsch, CH.
http://www.moon-and-carve.com

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Sunday 1 January 2017, 13:46

Normally it would be the yellow package.
But it´s not the right one for you? :think:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

nextcarve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by nextcarve » Monday 2 January 2017, 16:54

joemzl wrote: But it´s not the right one for you? :think:
Yes, you're right. Just booked it. Thanks.
MOON & CARVE: The Raceboard Event, Elsigen-Metsch, CH.
http://www.moon-and-carve.com

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Thursday 5 January 2017, 6:50

A slightly different type of question,

I am intending to bring my family along (wife and 2.5yr old boy), for convenience, I would look to get a small apartment, most likely for the week. Is it better to stay in Zinal, or Grimentz? Do either have baby ski areas, my little guy is just getting on skis this year. Starting him early!

And finally, does anyone have any recommendations for my situation above? I would rent a car, to bring all the Daddy gear and baby gear :-) so (hopefully free) parking is needed too.

Sorry for the basic questions here; never been to Zinal or to this event, so looking for your experiences.

I bought the blue package, but now I understand, if I stay for a week, cheaper to get their lift-pass deal?

cheers,
Slayer.
Soft: Dual 175, Burton Driver-X, Flux CV
Hard: Gen4 175M, UPZ RC10, F2 Race Titanium

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 6 January 2017, 15:51

Hello Colin,

There is a baby lift in Zinal as well as in Grimentz. For next step in progression and a longer lift, in my opinion the one in Grimentz is better than the one in Zinal, which is for more average skiers (but this is still a blue slope). So it depends on the level of your little guy. :-)

In Zinal the parking is closer to the gondola than in Grimentz. So you can drive from your flat to this parking (5 CHF per day). Another option (if you finally prefer hotel) is to sleep in "Alpina" in Grimentz village: you need to walk only 50m to take the gondola going up to Zinal. They have a private parking inside the hotel. Moreover you get -10% rebate with the voucher of ECS package.

About the package, if you stay for 7 days, I guess you will ride only 6 days. So it's better to take the blue package and then buy extra days in function of weather and envy.
Note that wives or skier friends can also get the packages and join the dinner on Saturday evening. They are welcome too. :D

Patrice Fivat

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Saturday 7 January 2017, 3:54

Hi Patrice,
Thanks for that information.

My little fellow is only just starting, so I don't expect too much, but in all things physical he has so far surprised me. I expect a gentle nursery slope is all he needs to get some fun. I don't think we will be progressing to doing a full blue this holiday :-) (I will come back and express my happy surprise if this is not the case!).

cheers,
Slayer

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 12 January 2017, 18:23

A lot of fresh snow is coming for the next 3 days! :D

Zinal is in the pink area: 50-100 cm! :twisted:

Patrice Fivat
Attachments
3days-snow-forecast-12Jan2017.jpg
3days-snow-forecast-12Jan2017.jpg (66.4 KiB) Viewed 15418 times

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Thursday 12 January 2017, 20:52

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 17 January 2017, 15:18

In Zinal, the black slopes "Le Col" and "Barthélémy" will open tomorrow. :D
10 days before the 14th ExtremeCarving Session! :twisted:
See you there!

Patrice Fivat

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Wednesday 25 January 2017, 19:40

*** IMPORTANT NEWS ***

:arrow: The Saturday dinner will take place in the restaurant of Sorebois at 2500 m, and not in the village hall.
We come back to the place where we had the dinners for ECS 2005, 2006, 2007, ... :D :bravo:

:arrow: Meeting at the gondola departure (the main lift in the village): 19:00. We will go down from about 23:00 to midnight. :birthday:
This info will be told to the participant at the cashier of the main lift when getting your skipass.

:arrow: Please, take your voucher as ticket for entrance to the dinner.

See you very soon! :D We are looking for to having great moments together, and not only on the snow. ;-)

The Swoard team

slayer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by slayer » Saturday 28 January 2017, 7:17

Is it the case that the voucher is presented at the Casse on Sunday and Monday for the liftpass?

Edit: ok read the package info link and Saturday included for blue. I read this stuff weeks ago and limited internet on phone :-)