DGSS info

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Tyrith
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: DGSS info

Post by Tyrith » Wednesday 18 February 2015, 21:36

Received my springs from Drupi a few weeks ago and have ridden them twice since putting them on. The install was fairly simple and although you have to be careful whacking the old springs out with a hammer, everything went on and bolted up very easily.

The difference in ride quality is incredible. I'm fairly new to EC but it definitely made a huge difference for me. Thanks Drupi!

SnowEC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SnowEC » Thursday 19 February 2015, 5:34

How does this spring compare to riding in walk setting?

I'm just 70kg, once they've been out in the cold for a while i find my boots are enough to flex without locking them into ride setting...

drupi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drupi » Thursday 19 February 2015, 22:51

Walk mode is dangerous for carving. possible fractured ankles.
walk mode is used for walking. not for carving :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

the spring system serves to flex progressive :bravo: :bravo:

Tyrith
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tyrith » Sunday 22 February 2015, 1:06

SnowEC wrote:How does this spring compare to riding in walk setting?
I immediately noticed a difference after changing the springs for walking, however when I went to the local resort, I did not notice much difference walking from the parking lot.

Riding, they feel similar to riding with walk settings (ie softer flex) but with the resistance required to allow proper feedback and movement. I'd agree that walk mode is a little too "free" for what EC requires, but the springs do free up the allowed movement of your ankles.

benttech
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by benttech » Thursday 26 February 2015, 18:08

Do NOT ride in walk mode. If anything use walk mode only on the back boot, never on the front. Don't ask me how I know this.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Tuesday 17 March 2015, 15:05

Have tried the DGSS system for three days on my VIRUS UPZ RC10 hardboots and board Virus Nightmare (80/75 degrees stance) : I must say, I was sceptical at first if this system would bring something over the standard springsystem: well I was impressed: the DGSS system is more dynamic and therefore has a better overall feel in riding and pressure build-up. They are keepers. The setup of the new system and disassembly of the existing system was also very easy. I only needed a screwdriver and socket spanner (number 10). Thanks Drupi :bravo:

drupi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by drupi » Tuesday 17 March 2015, 21:25

Hello, Hans, thanks for writing on the forum.
I'm glad that my DGSS you enjoyed, thanks again for having commented positively on my spring sistem.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Drupi :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: