Zinal ECS 05 > More info post (will be updated regulary)

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Zinal ECS 05 > More info post (will be updated regulary)

Post by nils » Tuesday 21 December 2004, 21:54

Ladies and gentlemen,

A bit more than a month to go, and we already have a few precisions to give regarding the event.

Lift fees > I have talked with the guy in charge there, and he told me the fees price for the event will have to be raised a bit. After strong discussion ( me saying he should pay us for the advertisment given to Zinal etc...) He agreed on a price a bit up from last year, but still very reasonnable :)

- Price for each of the day will be 10 euros. It will also make payment faster so we get through this painful yelling moment quick :).
Basically the resort gives us passes for the 3 days and also some 1 day tickets... We sell them at the meeting point the first day, and the two other days same place we sell only one day passes for the people arriving at the ECS later.

- Meeting point is here (map ) friday, saturday and sunday.

- We are organizing a small video session friday evening in the Zinal ballroom that can attend 400 people. We'll see what we will put on the screen but it will be i think some carving vids hehe... maybe a few rare oldschool movies :) . It is going to be unformal but a nice thing to do before getting out again for a drink or for the beauty sleep!.

- HQ: Headquarters for the meeting will be the bar at the Trift hotel. Both Nicolas and Evelyne the owner of the place will know where to reach us.
We'll be in the area right after the shower... The bar is small, so we'll surely find other meeting ( drinking ) places. Dining is at everyone's discretion, but since we are going to be 100+, it is unlikely we can all eat at the same place at once :)! Almost all hotels there have good mountain food and the village is so small we will all find each others pretty quick!

- Safety Issues:
We are going to be a lot of carvers on the slopes, and it is going to be dangerous both for us, and for the other users there.... We strongly recommend that everyone has fun, not comes with a warrior mind, and we also recommend the use of helmets ! also remember the resort is kind with us because we are nice to them, but when we get dangerous and start shooting off innocent skiers or our own crew, they are likely not to like it!!

Safety mottos are:
- Wait until slope clears a bit
- always look upward before / during carves
- wear a helmet
- respect the basic mountain rules such as dowhill person has the right of way, but remember it is hard for skiers to identify your next move and were u can be in 3 seconds, because they have no idea that snowboards can carve uphill !!

That is it for now!
This post will be updated when needed!
Merry Christmas to all !
Nils

PS: i am lacking time for a french or german translation in respective forums... If someone can give a help there :)

New update: Jan 3d 2005

I have talked to evelyne from the Trift, she told me the hotel is fully booked, but she has noticed that some people are alone in a room with two beds. She said it would be wise since we all know each other from the forum to get in touch and have the empty beds filled with people looking for room! It will split the cost of the room too for those who were alone :).
You can use the forum for this purpose of course ( people with empty beds please start a subject !) thnx!

N.
Attachments
meetingpointZinal.jpg
meeting point !
meetingpointZinal.jpg (102.3 KiB) Viewed 10894 times

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

More organisation details

Post by nils » Saturday 22 January 2005, 14:35

Friday evening we booked the local theater in order to see a few DVD clips together, those we made, and also a few rarities, one of them i'm sure no one ever saw before :)
Schedule is friday evening at the Zinal town theater (no clue where that is)
8.30 pm > 10 / 10.30 pm
Free entrance of course!

During the days:
We will have demos of all 3D models ( all flexes and all sizes) with in some size 4-5 boards since they are well asked for. All those boards are the 3D model from last year, and we will have only one 175M 3D of the new production as well as two or three 175M 2D's.

No those boards are not for sale sorry :)>>we basically need them for demo purpose !
It means we will have no 2D for sale as well, since the one we are going to have then are boards that have just been finished, and don't even have the final topsheet!

How demos work ( experience from last year was ok)

8.30-9.30 > we give boards away for demos for a 2.30 -3 hours period, pack the tables and go ride like everyone else.
11.30-12.30> lunch time ( there is a snack 100 meters away from the demo place) and board exchanges.
16.00-17.00> boards are back to the demo place and we all pack down until the next day.

We ask everyone to please be patient: if the board model is not available right the first day when you arrive, it will be for sure available for you before the end of the ECS. We just ask people that are here for whole ECS to let people that are just here for one day try the boards before they do :)

A big amount of riding experiences will be there since we are going to be numerous, so the motto for the ECS is share, share, share your experience, your techniques, your tricks so we can all benefit from it.

Another thing is we are going to need a small help in the morning of the first day to take all the gear up ( almost 30 demo boards + toolboxes etc), take it down the last day to the cars, and also to help us put the bindings on the boards when you know how to do it an the test rider does not know for example!

Thnx!!!

Nils

WokkingMax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WokkingMax » Monday 24 January 2005, 10:15

Am i right that you can't buy the liftpasses on friday at the stationshop directly like last year? the thing is that i dont know if i can make it to zinal at 7:45 am :cry: cause 600km are far way to go

greetz max
Quote Fruno: "Weiss einer von euch, was das Wort "Hirnwixerei" bedeutet?"

Virus-CyborgTitanal181 "Blingbling"/Undertaker192 "Sissi"
Deeluxe-Suzuka Thermoflex
Sikaflexed Gloves

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Will know this afternoon or tomorrow

Post by nils » Monday 24 January 2005, 11:30

But should be ok like last year:
People arriving late will be able to buy the lift tickets at the booth. I will verify this point today with the director of the lifts.

New recommandation for the event:
It is going to be VERY cold weather up there > make sure you have all the layers needed for -30°C temp, and maybe lower with the wind and the chill factor ( wind + temp).

N.

The Blitz
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Blitz » Monday 24 January 2005, 11:53

Nils, may be I must come with my swallow, no ?
It will be the first time with this board :P
 - 168XH Pro - Custom Dual 168H - Swallow Undertakeur 185

-- Tignes 19 au 25 mars --

Benn
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Benn » Monday 24 January 2005, 12:15

8O

If had a swallow i would come with !!!!!

(But do not forget your Alpine board ...) :wink:

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

4 things

Post by István » Monday 24 January 2005, 18:08

Nils,

Let me get back here to 4 previous points:

1. Are there any plans for Thursday evening, I guess most of us would arrive then.

2. Did I understand well, that 1 day pass for 1 person is 10 EUR?? Seems to be pretty low. An other question related to this is if you need EUR or CHF in return when you sell those at the meeting point.

3. Minus 30 degrees Celsius?? What the f**ck! What is it gonna be, a tour at the North Pole??

4. Hmm.... Swallow.... when ever I hear this word snowboarding is not the first thing I recall (big apologies to all the female readers....) :-)

Cheers,

István

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

+1 question

Post by István » Monday 24 January 2005, 18:10

Yo, one more thing: is EUR generally accepted there or I shall buy some CHF-s.

I guess we'll be able to use creditcards when paying the accomodations, and hopefully there are ATMs around to withdraw some local curency if needed.

Cheers,

István

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Euros

Post by nils » Monday 24 January 2005, 18:50

Euros generally accepted in SWitzerland, but nice to have some CHF ;)

Nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

In case of problems>>

Post by nils » Monday 24 January 2005, 18:56

In case of problems>>
Here is my cell phone number
+ 33 6 8089 6517
Please use this in case of EMERGENCY or real difficulty!
Please NO sms ;)
I'll be reachable mostly from 7.30-9.30 am, then 11.30-12.30, then 4-10pm

Nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Monday 24 January 2005, 19:28

Istvan, we have small nordic get-to-gether session on thursday evening at Trift TV room, we will look thru films of our Thursday carving :D you can join us and get info how it looks up there.
Timing :doh: , best bet would be well before or after dinner of Trift.
Naturally if someone has projector (again :lol: ) then it would be much easier to look daily filmings, perhaps we should offer best seat available for person bringing projector ?? I can promise anyway famous Ojankaivajat T-shirt for that person :evil2

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Monday 24 January 2005, 20:25

Naturally if someone has projector ...
I will take my projector. I think we'll arrive Thursday evening at 20h00-20h30 in Zinal.
We have 2 rooms at Trift hotel

Arnaud
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Monday 24 January 2005, 20:27

So we have winner for T-shirt :clap3:
Arnaud, if you dont have yet TCSB dvd, let me know and i will bring you copy of that too.

Matt
Rank 5
Rank 5

Just 1 thong!

Post by Matt » Monday 24 January 2005, 22:44

István wrote:3. Minus 30 degrees Celsius?? What the f**ck! What is it gonna be, a tour at the North Pole??
Hey István!

Do you come with your motorbike??? He He He!!

No, just joking...

Regarding the temperature... it might be low, but at last, there is snow!!!!! :D :vamp:

And if you're cold... drink a shot of vodka!

See you there Guy! :wink:
M@.
SWOARD 168H / BLAST 162 / Burton Race / SB324

Jokke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Jokke » Tuesday 25 January 2005, 8:16

Heh, we Finns are immune to cold :xmas: and cold weather keeps skiers hiding in their rooms so we have more space on slopes 8)
Race boards: Virus Phantom 184
Carving boards Virus Gladiator Zylon 171, Virus Vampire 168, SWOARD 168M.
Boots: Raichle AF700 TS, F2 Ripper
Bindings: F2 intec titanium, F2 Joint HB