advice needed

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

eprst
Rank 0
Rank 0

advice needed

Post by eprst » Tuesday 23 September 2014, 7:01

Hi

I'm carving for 6 years. My current setup is F2 Silberpfeil, OS2 step-in bindings, head stratos pro boots.
Last season I got interested in EC and tried it on what I've got. Took a lot of practicing and I think I've got a decent front edge but still couldn't go low on the back edge.

I'd like to continue and I'd like to get there faster and have more fun. Will getting a Swoard make a lot of difference?
Specifically, I think about 168 M or H with F2 Race Ti while keeping my boots (bindings shouldn't interfere with intec heels, right?). Does it make sense?

My F2 is fast, agile and fun on good snow, but becomes close to useless when the slope is beaten up. Doesn't handle powder too. Will Swoard be better for such conditions? This is one of the reasons why I'm considering M.
I'm 180cm, 86kg (probably >90 with all the gear).

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: advice needed

Post by jax » Thursday 25 September 2014, 22:49

The F2 SP is a perfect carving board but not a extreme carving board.
People goes round looking for an alternative at the Swoard but at the end gets back to the Swoard
www.carvers.it

Capykiller
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capykiller » Thursday 25 September 2014, 23:51

Hi Eprst,
I'd say the SWOARD will make a difference. As far as I know the Silberpfeil has a sidecut radius of about 9 m an is quite unwilling to be forced in a more narrow or larger radius. The SWOARD has a radius of about 12 m which means that your carves are much larger and you have more time to lay down. I used to ride an Xtasy Nirvana with a small radius and wasn't able to get down at all. Now it works. One thing you always have to keep in mind: the technique used by Patrice and the other pros in this forum is quite specific. As little movements as possible.
In the beginning I had problems to get down, because I tried to get down and touch the snow during the curve. THAT'S wrong!!! Get down before you turn and push away the board during curve. Have a look at these videos:
original references here

Aaaaand...get somebody to take fotos or movies of you. There's a big difference between what you think you're doing (right or wrong) and what you are actually doing.
All the best from Germany
Capykiller
SWOARD Extremecarver Pro 2 168H, SWOARD Bindung Redline, SWOARD UPZ EC 12

Capykiller
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capykiller » Thursday 25 September 2014, 23:54

by the way: You should go for the 168 H or the 175 (I think the larger one should be M stiffness). Go on, just write Patrice and ask him, he will help.
SWOARD Extremecarver Pro 2 168H, SWOARD Bindung Redline, SWOARD UPZ EC 12

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Friday 26 September 2014, 22:59

You can just EC with any board. Even with soft boots on a wide board. The Swoard will just make it easier for you, that's all. http://funcarve.com/video-tutorials