UPZ in Les 3 Vallées

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

UPZ in Les 3 Vallées

Post by Willow 15 » Friday 7 February 2014, 17:18

Does anyone know of any shops in the 3 Vallées who sell RC10's? I will be there shortly and would like to try some, to see how they differ from the older model. I need new boots and like the look of the RC10's but have mis-givings as I have a set of the old ones and they give me horrific shin bang. I have transport so places like Moutiers are well within reach. Thanks
I will be there from the 17th if anyone would like a carving partner for a few runs.
PJ7

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Re: UPZ in Les 3 Vallées

Post by joemzl » Friday 7 February 2014, 18:16

:silly: :silly:
Other way round is not much easier, but you will have a small chance.
Sölden is a recommended place for carving. And nearly every shop there sells hardboots (and some RC10´s ).
But even they don´t have any UPZ for rent.

The next place is Sport Kostner in Corvara.

Anyone else who knows a place where you can go carving and buy UPZ´s (in shops with experience :badgrin: )?

Or are these the only places in Europe? :alien:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Willow 15 » Friday 7 February 2014, 20:08

Sölden is a little to far to drive from Meribel for an evening!!!! I am not wanting to rent a pair, just try them on so I can get a feel for them. My shins will know if they are going to work or not.
PJ7

benttech
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by benttech » Saturday 8 February 2014, 14:38

While shell geometry obviously plays a large role in comfort as do a billion other factors, shin bang is usually caused by boots that are too big, too stiff for your riding level, or too loose (not clamped down properly on the last two top buckles, whereas overclamping - and then always unbuckling the boot for comfort reasons on the ride back up - is a sure sign of either too big boots or the liners are packed out) or using a liner that is a poor fit for your individual foot, this normally involves switching from a stock tongue liner to a TALL thermomoldable wrap liner.

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Willow 15 » Saturday 8 February 2014, 15:58

benttech wrote:While shell geometry obviously plays a large role in comfort as do a billion other factors, shin bang is usually caused by boots that are too big, too stiff for your riding level, or too loose (not clamped down properly on the last two top buckles, whereas overclamping - and then always unbuckling the boot for comfort reasons on the ride back up - is a sure sign of either too big boots or the liners are packed out) or using a liner that is a poor fit for your individual foot, this normally involves switching from a stock tongue liner to a TALL thermomoldable wrap liner.
Thanks for the input Benttech, but as a former boot fitter I do have a bit of an idea when it comes to boots. I have been using Burton Reactors with Zipfit liners recently and Full Tilt ski boots with Thermofit liners previous to that. The Reactors are about to meet the great boot maker in the sky and the Full Tilts are way, way to narrow even after being blown out. I would like to buy snowboard specific boots and support our small community but I don't want to spend €500 on something that may be of no use.
I shall break out my schoolboy French and try a post in the French corner.
PJ7

joel
Administrator
Administrator

Post by joel » Sunday 9 February 2014, 18:04

Willow 15 wrote:Does anyone know of any shops in the 3 Vallées who sell RC10's? I will be there shortly and would like to try some, to see how they differ from the older model. I need new boots and like the look of the RC10's but have mis-givings as I have a set of the old ones and they give me horrific shin bang. I have transport so places like Moutiers are well within reach. Thanks
I will be there from the 17th if anyone would like a carving partner for a few runs.
Go to "Le vieux campeur" in Albertville (25 km from moutiers), thay have them, but call them before going to know if they have your size.

I'm living in st martin de belleville, so I can make some slopes with you at this time.
EC PRO2 161M-168S / Gen5 161S / Dual2-163 / Stoke 154S / EC12

Willow 15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Willow 15 » Sunday 9 February 2014, 21:46

Thank you very much Joel, its much appreciated.
PJ7

kieran
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kieran » Monday 10 February 2014, 13:41

and make sure you get the green ones, they're faster.

Jeff
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff » Monday 10 February 2014, 14:13

Make sure you call Le Vieux Campeur in Alberville. I did call in late december and they had 0 hard boots for snowboading, nothing at all.
... and nothing else matters !
Swoard EC PRO2 161H

joel
Administrator
Administrator

Post by joel » Monday 10 February 2014, 15:19

you got bad info...

around january 15th, they had a total of 10 pairs (RC10 green, track325 and 700) the salesman, told me they sold a lot of hardboot this winter...
EC PRO2 161M-168S / Gen5 161S / Dual2-163 / Stoke 154S / EC12

Jeff
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff » Tuesday 11 February 2014, 16:54

The bastards... I did call them to ask to be sure. Well, I got my boots now so it's all ok.
... and nothing else matters !
Swoard EC PRO2 161H