EC with Swoard Dual 175 + short video

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Petr

EC with Swoard Dual 175 + short video

Post by Petr » Wednesday 1 January 2014, 15:49

Hi Carvers,

this spring I have got the Dual Board 175 as a demo board and was immediatelly caught by the qualities of the board. I have chosen the 175 because of its width so to have no soft boot overhang - and this has paied off - frontside and backside laydowns are possible with great feelings in the turns :)

I was extremely surprised by the soft flex of this "surf" board - compared to my previous Burton 168 board which looks like a kid's toy board compared with the dual 175 (I know that this season the flex of the 175 is somewhat stiffer, more correlating with the stiffness of the other lengths). Even though the dual 175 is such a "surf", it is so versatile and fun board that you get what I call the "Complete Concept" - you can do freeride, EC-laydowns and freestyle, and all in one an the same run - IMHO a great thing for SNOWBOARDING :wink:

We did on the second day of testing the dual 175 a short video (with GoPro) and because we have bad snow conditions at present I found some time to finally edit it) :

See you soon ot the pistes ;),
Petr

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: EC with Swoard Dual 175 + short video

Post by Hans » Wednesday 1 January 2014, 16:40

Thanks for sharing, great vid! :D

tali

Post by tali » Thursday 2 January 2014, 5:22

Hi Petr,
I really enjoyed the video and your great softboot extremecarving. :bravo: Nice to see the Dual model getting the attention it really deserves. :D

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

Soft Boot EC stance angles?

Post by rcrobar » Thursday 2 January 2014, 5:55

Hi Petr

Thank you for your video, very cool!

What stance angles are you using/riding in this video?

What I find very interesting is how your backside laydowns (with soft boots, pretty mellow stance angles and a 27cm wide board) look VERY similar in style and body position to a rider who could be on a much narrower board with higher more traditional alpine/EC stance angles.

Seeing this type of versatile board/binding set up makes me wonder how low hard boot stance angles could go in an attempt to get the same EC on piste' and powder off piste’ versatility.

More to ponder :think:

Cheers
Rob

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 2 January 2014, 18:29

Hi, Rob

I think that the backside rotation is aiming at the same point where you can reach with hardboots with steeper stance angles because of the more flexible softboots, (so rotating is easier and can come more out of your whole body including rotating your legs) just my 2 cents :wink:

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Monday 6 January 2014, 10:44

Congrats Petr! I like the video!!! :-)
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

Petr

Post by Petr » Monday 6 January 2014, 11:04

Rob & Co, thank you for the compliments :)

I have set up the binding angles as low as possible but to get no boot overhang. I had to look today at the board, the binding angles are around 45 deg. front and 42 deg. back (on EC-Pro+Gen4-175 I use ca. 54 deg. front and 45 deg. back) - actually very steep in comparison to what is proposed today as the state-of-the-art by the official snowboard associations - the duckstance...

The difference to hardboot riding I feel is definitely in the softness of the board and the overall flexibility in movements. Even though the angles are quite steep, you can still ride switch stance quite comfortably.

Petr

caspercarver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by caspercarver » Thursday 16 January 2014, 17:19

Great video :clap:

Eric Mikkelsen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Eric Mikkelsen » Wednesday 12 March 2014, 18:51

Petr, what size soft boots are you using? Is a soft or a stiffer boot preferable for laying the turns out? Thanks!