hard boot liners

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

willy07
Rank 3
Rank 3

hard boot liners

Post by willy07 » Saturday 30 November 2013, 3:50

hey all i finally was able to find a pair of hard boots and my outfit is now complete. i bought a pair of used deluxe le-mans boots and was wondering if the liners are washable and remoldable? i am still currently trying to find new liners, but in the mean while if its a worst case senario where i have to use the current used liners i wanted to see if the liners were washable to rid any foot sweat and other gross stuff from the previous owner. lol. i have been told that a ski boot liner is very simular and would also work is this true? if so then i won't need to look too hard and just get a typical universal liner. i am hoping to get out and learn to ride this carving/racing board cause where i am there is an event at one of the ski resorts like your ECS events that i am trying to attend. its all alpine racing/carving board users in western canada is to attend and its free only cost is the lift. hoping to find some local instructors/riders to hang out with for info.

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: hard boot liners

Post by jax » Tuesday 3 December 2013, 21:54

You could try Palau Liners
Overlap Soft for extremecarving
Overlap Hard for racing/freecarving
www.carvers.it

willy07
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by willy07 » Wednesday 4 December 2013, 12:47

cool thanks i managed to find a local ski/snowboard shop that carries it and will check it out this week.

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 16 December 2013, 18:14

jax wrote:You could try Palau Liners
Overlap Soft for extremecarving
Overlap Hard for racing/freecarving
I use Overlap Hard, very convenient. The style does not matter, it depends on the personal preference.

Also Frederic was very kind and developed special model for us, with reinforcement on the back of the liner. I spotted fracture on the liner of the rear boot and ask to change the design of the liner so it should last longer and this was made.

Ask Palau for "Rockfoot" edition liner :-)) It has additional reinforcement and more foam in achill area.
i`m learning

willy07
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by willy07 » Monday 16 December 2013, 19:45

i ended up getting sent all over town to various shops and got an intuition liner that is universal for both ski and hard snowboard boots and could be custom fit.

kieran
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kieran » Monday 16 December 2013, 23:20

another vote for the palau's. didn't know about the rockfoot model though, interesting.

willy07
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by willy07 » Wednesday 18 December 2013, 0:45

i definitely will keep those in mind once my financial status is in order, i bought the universal liner in panic mode only because the canadian version of the ECS is coming up in JAN 10 so i am pressed for time to get use to the new race board. never ridden one before so i hope i am a quick learner. lol

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 18 December 2013, 15:47

kieran wrote:another vote for the palau's. didn't know about the rockfoot model though, interesting.

The left one :-) There is additional reinforcement that make liner stronger. It is very useful for extreme carving people, because we bend rear leg more than others, i think :-). I found that my liner was ruptured and ask Palau to add some reinforcement like Northwave liners have. They did what is easier for them. Also Evgeny suggested to add more foam to make better hold.

We have a few people already tested those liners. They are happy :-) I also have it.

I think it is not advertised on the web site, but if you ask Palau team they can do this for you.
i`m learning