New boots needed

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

jrk
Rank 0
Rank 0

New boots needed

Post by jrk » Monday 18 March 2013, 15:23

Hello to all...
Nils pointed me to this forum, so here I am...I think he was getting tired of the personal emails...and I don't blame him. :doh:

My 13 year old SB324's are dying a slow death. I've no problems with their fit over the years of use, as I, unfortuneatly, have not been able to get on the snow that often.

I'm in the USA, and am interested in the new Track 325T, although I've no experience with the "T" type liners. I'm also, somewhat, interested in the UPZ RC8's, assuming RC10's would be to stiff for my style, enjoyment, which is all mountain, but mainly carving on piste. I'd consider buying both in my size, 27.0, if I could find a store that would have and sell both to me, where I'd send the keep the pair that fit the best and send the other pair back.

Beyond fit, for all mountain carving...NO RACE NEEDED...are there any thoughts from those that have used both and have input/recommendations between the two manufacturers, etc.? Also, is there a recommendation as to what store, online, I could visit and potentially buy?

Much appreciated...
Randy Kight
USA
220 lbs.
Volkl Spline 164
Raichle SB324

user
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: New boots needed

Post by user » Tuesday 19 March 2013, 10:26

fitting to your feet will be the same with rc8 or rc10. it's the same liner und shell.
with rc10 you will have same flexing under changing temperatures. the rc8 will get stronger flex under decreasing temperatures.
i would take the rc10, if you want it softer, tale the red tongues.

watch on bomberonline, there's a classified section.