Swoard ECS 2013 - 10th session: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Re: Swoard ECS 2013 - 10th session: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by nils » Thursday 7 February 2013, 17:20

I think its only a matter of time until Jean-Ma's other selection of pics is published....relax!
Yes the idea is to share and promote EC above all in the ECS! But remember this is called "Swoard ECS".

Keep riding!
Nils

jeanma
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jeanma » Thursday 7 February 2013, 18:38

nils wrote:I think its only a matter of time until Jean-Ma's other selection of pics is published....relax!
Yes the idea is to share and promote EC above all in the ECS! But remember this is called "Swoard ECS".
Keep riding!
Nils
There are more pictures, which I did shot as Swoard photographer:
http://album.zaclys.com/Album-2-ECS-201 ... ,a75,13160

au
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by au » Thursday 7 February 2013, 18:47

jeanma wrote:There are more pictures, which I did shot as Swoard photographer:
http://album.zaclys.com/Album-2-ECS-201 ... ,a75,13160
nice work!
:clap3: :pray2:

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 7 February 2013, 18:47

Thanks JM :bravo:

Matti
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Matti » Thursday 7 February 2013, 18:54

Great pictures - thanks for sharing Jean-Ma :clap3: .
See you 2014 :bravo: .
Pro 2
Complete

evGen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by evGen » Thursday 7 February 2013, 19:45

Thank you for your excellent work Jean-Ma! :bravo:
I'm glad some things have changed for the better. :D :D :D
evGen=ben velvet.pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jVztPStsEA

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Post by nils » Thursday 7 February 2013, 22:59

Thnx much JeanMa! ;)
Riders without Swoard are not as extreme of course but it's still very nice pics hehehehe :tongue:
Some great pics of our finn friends!
Thnx!
Nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 8 February 2013, 20:57

au wrote:What about passion to an extreme carving?
I think It should unite people not dividing them by brands.
This is too much hypocrisy and wrong accusations. The public should learn that you, au, are censoring Swoard in your own Forum for one year.

Some Russians have reported us that when they ask questions about Swoard in your Forum, you reply to buy another brand, or you remove their posts.
Moreover you never mention http://www.swoard.ru to the people who are interested in Swoard boards, the brand at the origin of extremecarving technique... which you are ironically using now.

You are talking about division while you are precisely at the origin of what you say.
This is very sad attitude. :doh:

I think humbly that Swoard is making and has made much more than any other brand for alpine snowboarding during the last years. At least it's what we are told. But some people have interests in other brands, or want to make business on the Swoard EC concept, or simply enlarge their harem.

The Swoard ECS is clearly a Swoard event, with a big majority of Swoard riders, so this is normal to see mainly Swoard boards.
I doubt that after a Nidecker event they will publish pictures of Burton boards. I doubt that Bomber will publish pictures of Catek bindings after their SES event. Nevertheless, here in the Swoard Web site you can see pictures of other brands, though this was a Swoard event. And now some guys try to reverse the situation. This is the way to create division. Bravo au!

I have spent several tens hours in organizing the meeting (as every year): this is a huge work. The team (about 20 persons in the staff) has helped during the event: they deserve many thanks and respect. Finally the cost (= loss) for Swoard is about 3000 Euros for each Swoard ECS: this is a gift for the Swoard community.

The attitude of a few persons here is disgusting, and this is probably my biggest deception after 10 years. But they won't spoil the 10 years of Swoard and what was created, because the large majority of riders here are nice persons or good friends. These friends are worth the huge energy and time spent in 10 years.

Patrice Fivat

tali

Post by tali » Friday 8 February 2013, 22:21

au wrote:What about passion to an extreme carving?
I think It should unite people not dividing them by brands.
Well, this is just moooore than nice. First trying to "steal" extremecarving from Swoard by giving to it some other names (as euro, eurocarving or extreme carving), dividing such inseparable things like Swoard and extremecarving, and then by saying that "EC should unite people not divide them by brands".
It seems to me that you forgot that Swoard is not a brand, it is the founder and the source of extremecarving.
fivat wrote: I doubt that after a Nidecker event they will publish pictures of Burton boards. I doubt that Bomber will publish pictures of Catek bindings after their SES event.
I see this in a slightly different way. In my opinion we should not bring any analogies about brand wars.
This is a question of gratitude, legacy and respect.

We should just re-realize that without Patrice, Jacques and Nils, without these guys, without SWOARD we would never have the extremecarving style, the extremecarving board, the Zinal sessions (and now demo tours), this website, this Forum, and this Community. We have all this because they continue to share their experience, time and passion with us. They are ones of the best givers I have ever met.

As for me, at the moment I tried the Swoard Extremecarver in 2009, I decided that I will do my best to help the guys to continue making these amazing and wonderful boards. Swoard is not a big commercial brand, they are perfectionists, they make something which in my understanding is as great in concept as the Swiss Knife or Chanel # 5; the quality of the Swoard boards is amazing, they last eventually forever (and this happens in the time when there is a general trend of producing products of inferior quality and shorter lifespan), we do not have to change them every season because they lose their characteristics (they don't!). Please tell me how such ideal brand can survive without our support and encouragement?

They invite us to one of the most special places in the world - Zinal (do not forget about discounted lift tickets + a great dinner + wonderful gifts).

And they invite us to their anniversary. This is a 10th session and by this session it is not a secret that the photos taken on Saturday/Sunday mornings and the film are also used for Swoard to gain popularity. Sometimes, local tv companies shoot their videos on Saturday/Sunday mornings. So it is a very important time for Swoard to present its accomplishments to the world.
Normally, when we are invited to a birthday party we tend to please the birthday person by our appearance, do not we? Usually, we even bring presents... :wink:

It should be just natural for every participant to be on a Swoard boards at the "celebration" time. This is our way to say "Thank you" and also to help those who made it possible for us, to encourage them to grow and to develop new models.
I do not say that other boards should be banned from Zinal. No, if you would like to test them you can ride in the afternoon, or before/after the session.

I do not understand how can some people who come to the celebration with another board then ask things like "When will you make a new model?" Do they seriously believe that they showing up with something else encourages the Swoard guys to make new models? 8O

tali

Post by tali » Friday 8 February 2013, 22:37

Abrax wrote:Almost anyone could be my brother, sharing the same passion - snowboarding.
Sorry Rafal, I could not :wink:

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Friday 8 February 2013, 22:42

The truth is that we all need to cool down a bit.

One thing is also very true: Something has changed. World has spot that EC is VERY important. This is why people have started their fights.

tali: :-) I was also meaning: "or a sister" ;) What a nice time we had there on a stand!
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Friday 8 February 2013, 22:59

Did I miss something? :? Tell us more. :dogeyes:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

tali

Post by tali » Friday 8 February 2013, 23:11

joemzl wrote:Did I miss something? :? Tell us more. :dogeyes:
You mean about us having a great time at the stand? :silly:

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Saturday 9 February 2013, 8:26

Yeap.. Yesterday evening... sitting there and thinking how to write this. I was sure that this may be understood in both ways but I didn't find my way to write this clearly enough :-)

Haha,

Guys , yes I mean that we did have great time at the stand! And I was not thinking of anything else :-) It was a perfect mood, perfect company and a great time, besides the painful hip ...

Fight: Fight is out there quite long so far. But there was no fight or any incident during the ECS! Sorry for misunderstandings!
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Saturday 9 February 2013, 17:34

This thread is moderated: the public is not interested in polemics which concern only 4-5 riders.

Patrice Fivat