Virus boots first impression

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Diablillo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Diablillo » Monday 25 October 2004, 18:42

Hi,

the new virus boot costs 399,00 €. This told me the guy from the Berner Sport in München.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Virus-HP

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 12:00

Hi @ all!

Found two comments on the guestbook of Virus-homepage. One refers to the boots, which were tested already by somebody. The other one by Frank himselve says, that the new HP will be online within one week ;)

http://www.virus-snowboards.de/html/guestbook.html
free extreme carving

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 13:38

Hi,

der Testbericht bzw. die Aussagen könnten allerdings nicht ganz wertfrei sein der der Tester bietet in seinem Online shop den Virus Hardboot zum Verkauf an. D.h. für mich er kann gar nicht soviel negatives schreiben denn er möchte den Schuh ja verkaufen.
Siehe Link zum Webshop:

www.schmid-velosport.ch

Das soll nicht heißen dass ich denke dass der Schuh viele negative Seiten hat denn schließlich hab ich mir den Schuh ja selbst bei Frank bestellt. :wink:

Ein Testbericht von einer unabhängigen Privatperson wäre also wünschenswert. :lol:

Gruß

Thomas
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!

McFussel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by McFussel » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 14:14

Jep, thats Roman - he is doing mostly the sales of Virus in Switzerland and he is a good Boarder. If he is telling that the Schoooooo is good - thats a true message.....

;o)
Don´t ride the chicken line!

http://www.carving-masters.de

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

German / English

Post by fivat » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 14:39

Please, in English here ;-)

Patrice Fivat

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 14:58

What about another good boarder reviewing something earlier, in that case very few believed that report :evil2: :lol:

tommaso2k
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tommaso2k » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 14:59

Patrice,

i apologize - this was made in german by me in mistake -sorry again.

I meant that maybe the review written in the guestbook of the virus homepage is not without some personal interest because the reviewer is selling the new virus boot in his onlineshop and thus is interested in convincing the people that the boots has a good quality.

Greets

Thomas,
Brand doesn´t matter, the spirit does!

tigger
Rank 4
Rank 4

language

Post by tigger » Tuesday 26 October 2004, 15:01

:?: :?: :?:
...hab ich mich im forum verlaufen oder warum ist das auf einmal alles deutsch hier :?:
well right now i m testing my friends new virus boots performance while chatting :lol: my first impression is very very warm, well build and a really sporty look. they are very stiff compared to my raichle224 or the old 125.
the adjustment of the buckles is great with equal pressure all over the tonge. and the best, it doesnt change when you flex cause of the suspension that allowes the movement. seems to be a great boot, but unless there is no possebility to make it softer by changing the tonge or elsewise, i ll stik to my old raichles. which i ride with open forward leaning anyway.
soon well know about the performance onslope and the speculations will end.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

some info may be found overhere

Post by Hans » Wednesday 27 October 2004, 21:37

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/s ... eadid=3203

Some info can be found overhere about these boots too. I had some emailexchanges with some USguys who already have tried the boots. The overall opinion was that they were great boots, stiff, nice firm adjustable buckles, plastics which were used are highend materials, but they had some questions/remarks if the boots should be suitable for ECing. No lateral flex, very stiff, less stiff than AF700/Indy, stiffer then the AF600/Suzuka. Much forward lean. Excellent fit for feet, especially enough room for the toes (Raichles/Deeluxe are always too small for me at the front). Fit TD2 and Catek. So I will stick to my flexy STROLZ Raceplates and brand new Northwaves .900 are on the way (Thanks a lot SITO) to replace my AF700.

Greets, Hans.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Virus hardboots picture

Post by fivat » Thursday 28 October 2004, 0:08

Hans has sent me a picture of Virus hardboots:

I have to test them :-)

Patrice Fivat

tigger
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tigger » Thursday 28 October 2004, 1:00

8O ..you could ski with these!
...naughty
:naughty:
life is more than avoiding death

tigger
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tigger » Friday 29 October 2004, 14:39

finally the virus hp is updated and shows the boot in an 360° angle :lol:
life is more than avoiding death

roman
Rank 4
Rank 4

virus boot

Post by roman » Monday 1 November 2004, 20:30

hey folks
since my name was noted on this site as a salesman, i have to say something about that: everyone who knows me, would honestly say i dont't talk shit about any product just for a good sale. almost everything i sale, i try to test myself before it goes over our counter. i know we don't will turn rich doing so in this business. but keeping the customers happy doing so, tells me we are doing it the right way. the way i test products, the same way every body can come to us and test the items we sell, boots, bindings and boards. so, don't blame me for writing something good about a thing i know and ride. go riding and find out yourself. i thought forums are a tool to communicate, asking aswell answering. if you don't want to have dealers with you talking (or writing), ok, it's your choice.
ride on

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Roman>

Post by nils » Monday 1 November 2004, 20:35

Not sure to understand why you react like this??? Haven't seen anything bad there or is it?

You are more than welcome here, as is every people promoting something, as long as it is objective, not too "obvious", and if of course the product is a good thing for us as carvers....

Nils

roman
Rank 4
Rank 4

p.s.

Post by roman » Monday 1 November 2004, 20:39

sorry,again me. i forgot to mention, we are no online shop. we like to know the people who ride our products and have them in our shop.
thanks