choosing f2 silberpfiel... help needed!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Friday 25 April 2008, 9:53

I totally agree with Patrice. In general, bad equipment doesot make you a better athlete. It is the other way round. If you are learning you need all the help from the equipment that yoy can get. That goes for snowboarding, skiing, windsurfing (the sports that I do and have learned from scratch even started late in snowboarding and windsurfing) and certainly most others. Especially beginners and medium experienced will benefit from good equipment, adapted to your level. I have seen it in skiing. When little experienced persons changed to skis that were waxed, with sharp edges, lateral stiffness (providing good grip even on hard surfaces) and longitudinal softness (easier turn) the progress has been astonishing. I have experienced the same with Swoard, and so have the most of my friends that bought a Swoard. Therefore, Patrice is right, two mediocre boards cannot make up for one good.
harald

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Friday 25 April 2008, 16:08

harald :-) equipment just one component of success, and i would say not a most important. Hard work and good coach needed as well. If you will have best equip but no other things i mentioned - no success. You can tell me what if rider have good coach and hard working on technic.

I agree that best equipment gives best effort-result balance. But nobody achieved good results without hard work.
i`m learning

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Monday 28 April 2008, 9:48

Yes, hard work is also essential, but my experience, and a lot of good instructors, trainers, coaches in skiing (that I know most) uniformly tell the same thing, without proper equipment, the potential for progress is very limited. However, the importance may vary across sports. Mayby it is not that important in soccer and running, but in carving snowboarding and skiing on hard surfaces it definitely is.
harald