choosing f2 silberpfiel... help needed!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Thursday 6 March 2008, 15:08

Pogokoenig wrote:Please, what is this Thread about?
The thread is about a question concerning which length of Silberpfeil would be better for the "asker"...
Pogokoenig wrote:Every time when I think getting worse is completely impossible, it is getting ridiculuous. EC or mot EC, that is the question?
...and it seems that you didn't answer the original question too...
So... where does your wonder come from?
;)
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

Viviane
Rank 5
Rank 5

argueing

Post by Viviane » Thursday 6 March 2008, 19:37

Hé guys,
pogokoenig is wright, it is allmost hilarious to read your discussion.
But let me thank you for , what I believe, your good intentions.
I'am riding F2 silberpfeil, want to learn EC, so I've ordered SWOARD for which I have to wait because it is not in production yet.
Then I saw the pics of Richard and got convinced that while waiting I can practise on the F2 to do laid turns.
So thanks Richard, thanks Starikashka, thanks Raphael for helping remind us of our beloved gurus :wink: :wink:
Hope to meet you all at EC ZInal next year and though not as good as you all want to come down the Bartolomy.
Cheers,
Viviane

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: argueing

Post by Pogokoenig » Friday 7 March 2008, 15:53

Viviane wrote:Hé guys,
pogokoenig is wright,
I am always right. It is like it is.
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de

Viviane
Rank 5
Rank 5

smelling

Post by Viviane » Friday 7 March 2008, 18:46

Hello...
it starts to smell a bit here all the way from a far far Galaxy :lol: :lol:
Nice weekend guys,
highflyer,
Viviane

jjson55
Rank 0
Rank 0

That Burton M5 you mentioned

Post by jjson55 » Sunday 23 March 2008, 22:13

RicHard wrote:Burton M5, Gas 157, Silberpfeil 162, Nitro Gtx 160, Nidecker Fusion 157, Nidecker Proto163-164, Burton FP178, Burton FP173, Tomahawk 170, F2 RS 173, F2 RS 177..., the rest I can't remember.
Perhaps is already enough...
:?
Do you still have the Burton M5? I am looking for one.

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: That Burton M5 you mentioned

Post by RicHard » Monday 24 March 2008, 2:46

jjson55 wrote:Do you still have the Burton M5? I am looking for one.
Ohps... no... I sold it more than ten years ago...
:?
Sorry...
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

futureboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

choosing f2 silberpfiel... help needed!!

Post by futureboy » Wednesday 26 March 2008, 17:24

I choose a 172cm F2 Silberpfiel. It was a 2006/07 model and cost $450 us or cdn dollars. My first impressions were that it was very technical looking, very lightweight and quite narrow. Due to the latter I had to ride with more forward angles then I now prefer. This forced me back into an EC mode for riding - which was fun! After the first few runs I realized it was faster then my Burton Speed 168cm but not as loose and drifty. The F2 also demanded a better running surface. But only once, because of the new snow, I went back to get my Burton - but only once. All the other days until the end of season past weekend I used the F2. Fun, a little twitchy but not that you could not detect and correct before a big wipeout. The edge never let go. Period. The tail twitched as the nose loaded up but as I said, you can feel it and react. If you are not at that level of riding then slow down and hold your carve more.
Sigh... off to Maui to do some real boarding, wavesailing... bottom turn, off the lip = toe side heel side!
190 lbs. 5'10"
18 years snowboarding

Gunnar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Duret Alpine

Post by Gunnar » Thursday 24 April 2008, 8:50

starikashka wrote:I`m 95 kg, had a 172 silber, now i`ve ride Duret Alpine 175 which is also not a perfect board :-) but economically more attractive.
What do you dislike aboute your Duret?
Is the flex to soft for your weight?

I'm 78kg and are considering the wider models 169 (12.8m ) or the 176. (13.6m)
I would apriciate any feedback on them.

/Gunnar

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 24 April 2008, 9:29

Gunnar, i`m not actually telling that i do not like something. It`s a good board to learn EC. On my personal feeling it has harder nose than my previous F2 Silberpfeil. But couple of times i overloaded that and made very impressive flights. I have 176 Duret alpine II in orange colour, maybe it`s soft for me. My friend has same board and he is about 110 kg :-) but he tells that factory increased stiffness for his board.

With that board i was able to increase inclination which was not possible on F2. I used F2 just one month, this was a first month in hardboots :-)

Jaques Rillet has certain opinion about Duret comparison and SWOARD, talk to him.
We have a guy in Russia,who is very good in EC techniq, he compared SWOARD and Duret and decide that SWOARD is better.
I`ve bought Duret to learn EC and plan to ride narrow board then and learn bomber-style.
i`m learning

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Thursday 24 April 2008, 9:34

Gunnar,
If you consider a wider board, why not a Swoard? I think the 168 H will be perfect for you and for EC and general carving Swoard is performing better than the alternatives you mention.
PS
Could you take a picture of the upper slopes of Hemsedal and post it on the forum just to make the other envious of the excellent conditions there these days?
harald

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Thursday 24 April 2008, 11:13

harald wrote:Could you take a picture of the upper slopes of Hemsedal and post it on the forum just to make the other envious of the excellent conditions there these days?
Please, show some mercy and don't do that. These times are hard without any mental torturing :roll:

Gunnar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gunnar » Thursday 24 April 2008, 19:07

Whitey wrote:
harald wrote:Could you take a picture of the upper slopes of Hemsedal and post it on the forum just to make the other envious of the excellent conditions there these days?
Please, show some mercy and don't do that. These times are hard without any mental torturing :roll:
Whats the point in pictures, when they will be white all over! :lol:
No crowds eather to show. Mostly locals on the mountain!
But we have som nice skishool girls i can try to "shoot".. :roll: All sunshine makes them show more and more and.. skin in the sun... :D ......hmmm....mmmmmmmmmmm.. :oops:

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 24 April 2008, 19:18

I think this from today will do fine:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 8416 times

Gunnar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gunnar » Thursday 24 April 2008, 19:43

harald wrote:Gunnar,
If you consider a wider board, why not a Swoard? I think the 168 H will be perfect for you and for EC and general carving Swoard is performing better than the alternatives you mention.
I would love a zwoard! But, the family also need a new car...
So the price of the Duret (1/3rd on the web) are more tempting.
Are the swoards really soooooO much better?

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 24 April 2008, 21:52

Yes, :D there is no comparison (I have tried both!): they are the original extremecarving boards and the technique we give here has been developed on/with them..

I won't write myself too much about Swoard: a few guys could try to make believe I'm dogmatic (while I'm just addicted to EC, hihi! :-) ). If we can speak about any brand here, we also can speak about Swoard sometimes I think. ;-)

Some people say: "The good riders can ride any board". Well, strangely they prefer the best boards! ;-)

Some people say: "A beginner doesn't need a good board to start". Well, I don't think I would have progressed fast in the nineties without Jacques' prototypes. And I have seen some beginners feeling more confident on the Swoard. Why wouldn't they deserve the best too? ;-)

Save your money till you have enough: one good board is much better than two average boards. 8O It's already what I did when I was a teenager with no money...

Patrice Fivat