choosing f2 silberpfiel... help needed!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 3 March 2008, 14:46

kurtsk8 wrote: it's couse of internet
face to face it will be different :)
Agree :-) so, as usuall nobody answer technical question :) but discussion which is does not make sence anymore so active :-) person who asked a question not appears here :-)
i`m learning

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 3 March 2008, 14:52

RicHard wrote:I think you prefer quitting away instead of argumenting ang giving reasons...
It's a way of affording discussion...
I'm used to explain my reason (especially when someone ask for suggestions), you don't...
If reading my reasons means to your eyes being aggressive, well, it could even appear "funny" or "wonderful" or "wild" or "relaxing" or "exciting" or "magnificent" or anything else...
We are free! Isn't is great?
;)
Ciao!
You chose to aggress others personally instead of sticking to the issue. Maybe it's due to machismo, maybe just due to bad education. You're free to do, and I'm free not to deal with anybody that way.

skywalker
free extreme carving

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 14:55

There's no reason to tell to come down... There's nothing to calm down! :)

We are just comparing some opinion with
- no angryness
- no bad words
- no racism
- no respect lack...
:/
I think there's nothing wrong in this...
Please, don't see fighting even where it's not there.... ;)
:D
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 15:01

skywalker wrote:You chose to aggress others personally instead of sticking to the issue. Maybe it's due to machismo, maybe just due to bad education. You're free to do, and I'm free not to deal with anybody that way.
Ohps! I missed such post from you.

Well, it's your personal opinion that if someone argument his reasons against yours (when you just sentence without proving or explaining them), is aggressing you.
Be prepared to wake up in a bad way, in this world: if you think that people is aggressing you if try to give reasons, you will be disappointed in the whole life against such "aggressions".
If, on the other side, you are used to people that agree with you even when you don't explain any reason for your reasoning... well... you can be safe than this will not last for the whole life. :)

The only fact is that you mention "education" and "machismo" when I didn't mention any of this talking about you.

I could mention now that your way of escaping is just due to a lack in being brave enough to afford a comparison on a "polite" and "mature" field, forcing you to leave when someone try to prove his reason against your simple sentences.

Anyway... the posts (if you don't edit them! ;)) are here to be seen from everybody.
That's my luck. Is it even yours?
;)
Ciao!
_RicHard

Böany
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Böany » Monday 3 March 2008, 19:38

Ehm, to get back to ico's question about what length to choose, where choice for an SP is already made I think:

Guess that if there is ANY board available for test in your local alpine-gear-shop then it is the F2 Silberpfeil. Why not just pick the ones you're interested in and go out for some riding?!

Or maybe you could make it for example to the carving-masters festival in Sölden at the beginning of may... I'm sure that there you can test and compare "mass-products" to custom-made boards as well as an F2 SP 154 to the SP 162. AND you can maybe get some good advice on carving style too, if you want to...

futureboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

F2 Silberpfeil - what size to buy

Post by futureboy » Wednesday 5 March 2008, 16:15

I am new to this forum. I do bomberonline for the most part. From what I can see this forum is lacking a little in substance and has a lot of rhetoric! But too early to pass judgment. So... to get back to the F2 SILBERPFEIL size question. The measure of the true value of a board depends on what it can do for you, and then what you can do with it! As an example; I ride on groomed hardpack for the most part. I need edgehold on ice, ride Burton Race boards because they are available, use Catek Olympic and Burton Race Bindings. I have no trouble going anywhere at any speed, carving or drifting, if drifting then sucking the board back under me and snaking a few quick turns. I ride a variety of angles depending if I want to break the backend of the board away and do 'lip slides', sending up a huge spray of snow to the entertainment and delight of others. I went through a layed out style carve phase in my riding but now find that quite boring. I like to mix it up now, wild and radical, on the edge of control! I like a board that feels correct when under me. At 190 lbs. of weight and 5'11" in height, I feel 164cm is too short for me. 168cm and above is my rule.
In two days I will have a new Seiberfiel 172 and let you know of my impressions! Plan on owning a number of boards. Longer is faster, so if you feel comfortable at speed and never scrub speed away then longer the better unless you exceed your weight range.
190 lbs. 5'10"
18 years snowboarding

Viviane
Rank 5
Rank 5

f2

Post by Viviane » Wednesday 5 March 2008, 23:04

Hi Richard,
I did just reed your answer (2nd march) on ico question concerning the f2 silberpfeil and looked at your pictures.
Nice to see you doiing the front- and backside laid turns.
I am riding the silber too, now the proof is there that I must manage on my beloved board.
I am practising a lot. As soon as I manage I will send you a pic.
Regards,
Viviane

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 5 March 2008, 23:19

Viviane :) You practice EC? The pictures you talking about is not EC.

Probably you have seen the guys in Zinal who ride narrow board, Flame 158, here is a picture. His nickname cybi http://carving.grewu.org/gallery/ecsV/s ... c_1456.htm

He had practiced EC on the wide board like a SWOARD, and said that it`s much easier to do laydown turns on wide board. But, he can do it now on a narrow board. So, you can use your beloved board for a perfect extremecarving turns, but it will be easier and faster for you to learn this with wide board, like SWOARD team recommends.
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Thursday 6 March 2008, 10:31

starikashka wrote:Viviane :) You practice EC? The pictures you talking about is not EC.

Probably you have seen the guys in Zinal who ride narrow board, Flame 158, here is a picture. His nickname cybi http://carving.grewu.org/gallery/ecsV/s ... c_1456.htm

He had practiced EC on the wide board like a SWOARD, and said that it`s much easier to do laydown turns on wide board. But, he can do it now on a narrow board. So, you can use your beloved board for a perfect extremecarving turns, but it will be easier and faster for you to learn this with wide board, like SWOARD team recommends.
Ehm... don't you find your post a little bit "not so much objective"?
Someone wrote that she likes a couple of pictures, that she would like to carve turns like that and... suddenly... you underlined "this is not EC" and you wrote "probably you've seen other pictures!".
:D

Aren't we always telling that in such forum there's space for every alpine technique? ;) Suddenly...drive someone to EC?... ;)
It's as if you tell "mmmmhhh... this pizza is very good!" and someone say "yes, but it's not the one done by the real Italian pizza-maker! Probably you have not tasted this one but another one in the other pizza-shop!".
:D :D :D
_RicHard

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: f2

Post by RicHard » Thursday 6 March 2008, 10:33

Viviane wrote:Hi Richard,
I did just reed your answer (2nd march) on ico question concerning the f2 silberpfeil and looked at your pictures.
Nice to see you doiing the front- and backside laid turns.
I am riding the silber too, now the proof is there that I must manage on my beloved board.
I am practising a lot. As soon as I manage I will send you a pic.
Regards,
Viviane
Thanks a lot...
Send pictures here so everybody will be able to give you suggestions...
:)
Welcome...
_RicHard

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 6 March 2008, 10:45

Sorry, RicHard, you do not understand my point - i asked a question what she wants and give my comment about your style, and previously you agreed with that comment :-)
I`ve read other posts of Viviane, and it looks for me that she wants to learn EC :-)
Do not initiate the discussion, this does not make sence, let Viviane to decide what she actually wants :-)
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Thursday 6 March 2008, 10:49

starikashka wrote:Sorry, RicHard, you do not understand my point - i asked a question what she wants and give my comment about your style, and previously you agreed with that comment :-)
I`ve read other posts of Viviane, and it looks for me that she wants to learn EC :-)
Do not initiate the discussion, this does not make sence, let Viviane to decide what she actually wants :-)
I don't need to start any discussion: I would just like to give people all the choices they can have.
If at my beginning I would have had such wide area of choices, I would have been glad to everyone could give it to me.
That's why I want to underline that there are several ways to do things (carves, layed carves, alpine snowboarding, etc...), especially to person that are approaching such world.
Cheers...
:?
_RicHard

raphael
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by raphael » Thursday 6 March 2008, 11:24

RicHard wrote:I don't need to start any discussion: I would just like to give people all the choices they can have.
If at my beginning I would have had such wide area of choices, I would have been glad to everyone could give it to me.
That's why I want to underline that there are several ways to do things (carves, layed carves, alpine snowboarding, etc...), especially to person that are approaching such world.
Cheers...
:?
Preaching another sect here will prove hard. We already have our gurus you know... and we love them. :silly:
You should try and join us. :P

Anyway congrats on your pictures, they're nice.
Swoard 168M / Undertaker 185 + F2 Race Ti + tuned Raichle 324
Resorts : St Lary / Peyragudes / La Thuile
Carver toute l'année : carveboard.fr

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 6 March 2008, 11:33

raphael :-) жжош!! :-) hardbooting is real sect.

RicHard, you should try EC technique, if you not tried it yet. It`s easy, i think you need approximately couple of weeks of training as you have such a experience with the snowboard . It seems you are open minded person, as i seen your pics on the ski :-) Join the sect, you can quit it any time you want :-)

To make a choise is very difficult :-) Some times wide choise is not good :-)
i`m learning

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Thursday 6 March 2008, 13:40

Please, what is this Thread about?

Every time when I think getting worse is completely impossible, it is getting ridiculuous. EC or mot EC, that is the question?
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de