choosing f2 silberpfiel... help needed!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 11:06

starikashka wrote:RicHard :-) good pictures.How long you practiced this?

Actually your style looks different from what EC looks like.
You're right ;) : it isn't... it's the standard "cross-over" technique...
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

Alex

Post by Alex » Monday 3 March 2008, 11:33

I agree with you (Skywalker, Istvan, ecc.), F2 SP is a good and fun board right to do fast edge-transition and makes jumps.... but too stiff and reactive. With sp you can't do a good push&pull because it is too reactive and when the SP is on the edge it close the turn also if you push with low pressure...it's on/off board 8O
It's a metaphor but a good board is one that you are able to drive, but SP is a board that drives you...the twin f2 RS is much better!
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 3 March 2008, 11:37

RicHard, I would not post such a pictures under the sauce of "narrow board laydown turns " on such a themathical forum :-) as they have a technical difference from EC turns :-)
In any Russian forum some extremecarver would immediately spot head-butt level and both hand in backside with some sarcastic comments. Here i see more polite audience, which is good.
i`m learning

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 11:47

starikashka wrote:RicHard, I would not post such a pictures under the sauce of "narrow board laydown turns " on such a themathical forum :-) as they have a technical difference from EC turns :-)
In any Russian forum some extremecarver would immediately spot head-butt level and both hand in backside with some sarcastic comments. Here i see more polite audience, which is good.
Well, especially because in this forum everyone is very polite and it's possibile to talk about every technique, I posted such pictures.
The original author didn't mention EC at all, that's why I posted pictures and comments when someone wrote to forget silberpfeil in order to lay nice carves.
;)
_RicHard

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 3 March 2008, 12:17

RicHard wrote:The original author didn't mention EC at all, that's why I posted pictures and comments when someone wrote to forget silberpfeil in order to lay nice carves.
;)
Sorry, next misunderstanding. I never wrote, SP was bad only for EC :wink:

BTW: You forgot to answer my pretty easy question...

skywalker
free extreme carving

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 3 March 2008, 12:40

RicHard :-) definition of "nice" is really depends on the person :-) When i show my video to a girls on the work they said WOW, but really it`s a crapy technic and i have a long way to go :-)
i`m learning

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:07

Richard,

Let's put it this way: I believe that the SP has not been really developed in the last 5-6 yrs, it is still the very same board, and it has a few issues that could have been easily corrected by the manufacturer for that amount of money.... especially knowing the cheap mass production and the minimal (if any) R&D spent on the SP in the last couple of years (besides the nice new topsheets....). And this has nothing to do with riding techniques or styles. This is just about construction.

Again agree with Skywalker, the RS is a better construct if you want to stick to F2.

And Richard, finally I also have to say that I agree with you, too. The SP is a board that can get you started and can take you for quite a while. Just like many other mass production alpine boards. Still, would that be the board that I would recommend to buy? Not sure....

Kindest

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:18

skywalker wrote:Short question Richard:
Which other boards did you ride in the past to compare SP with an how did you like them? Reviews without knowing the experience of test person are pretty worthless.
Burton M5, Gas 157, Silberpfeil 162, Nitro Gtx 160, Nidecker Fusion 157, Nidecker Proto163-164, Burton FP178, Burton FP173, Tomahawk 170, F2 RS 173, F2 RS 177..., the rest I can't remember.
Perhaps is already enough...
:?
skywalker wrote:No. There are just a lot of cheap boards, which are a lot better to learn the "next level", i.e. Speedster RS or almost all other intermediate RSish boards. That's exactly the difference in believe of SP riders and all others ;)skywalker
You are repeating your mistake: you CAN'T suggest the RS as a good board for learning if you DON'T know which resort a person use to go.
You can't have a GS radius to learn something on narrow and crowded slopes. Or... is it your idea different?
The GS radius/boards are a little bit "demanding", no?
;)
_RicHard

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:20

skywalker wrote:Sorry, next misunderstanding. I never wrote, SP was bad only for EC :wink:
So... woudl you like to be in the competition of showing your past boards?
I don't think it's so helpful: I think it's much more better to "motivate" your opinion giving reason for what you think, instead of writing that silberpfeil is never a choice.
You could have had thousands of boards and this could means just that you've got a lot of money, not a lot of technique! ;)
skywalker wrote:BTW: You forgot to answer my pretty easy question...
I apologize for this: I missed the whole post... sorry...
Now my answer is here.
Ciao!
:)
_RicHard

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:21

starikashka wrote:RicHard :-) definition of "nice" is really depends on the person :-) When i show my video to a girls on the work they said WOW, but really it`s a crapy technic and i have a long way to go :-)
That's another key point: what "nice" means? How can you say that it's impossibile to lay "nice" carves with a silberpfeil, if you don't ever know what "nice" could mean for that person?
;)
_RicHard

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:26

RicHard wrote:
skywalker wrote:Sorry, next misunderstanding. I never wrote, SP was bad only for EC :wink:
So... woudl you like to be in the competition of showing your past boards?
I don't think it's so helpful: I think it's much more better to "motivate" your opinion giving reason for what you think, instead of writing that silberpfeil is never a choice.
You could have had thousands of boards and this could means just that you've got a lot of money, not a lot of technique! ;)
I'm out, your's is longer :pray2:
I even wrote, why it's important imho, to what board you'r e used to compare. You prefer provocations above reading, so well, have fun. Unfortunately aggressive talk will not make a bad board better...

skywalker
free extreme carving

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:32

skywalker wrote:I'm out, your's is longer :pray2:
I wrote that a long list means nothing. Please, read all of my statements...
;)
skywalker wrote:I even wrote, why it's important imho, to what board you'r e used to compare. You prefer provocations above reading, so well, have fun. Unfortunately aggressive talk will not make a bad board better...
I think you prefer quitting away instead of argumenting ang giving reasons...
It's a way of affording discussion...
I'm used to explain my reason (especially when someone ask for suggestions), you don't...
If reading my reasons means to your eyes being aggressive, well, it could even appear "funny" or "wonderful" or "wild" or "relaxing" or "exciting" or "magnificent" or anything else...
We are free! Isn't is great?
;)
Ciao!
_RicHard

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RicHard » Monday 3 March 2008, 13:37

skywalker wrote:I'm out, your's is longer :pray2:
I even wrote, why it's important imho, to what board you'r e used to compare. You prefer provocations above reading, so well, have fun. Unfortunately aggressive talk will not make a bad board better...
I would add that you wrote: "Reviews without knowing the experience of test person are pretty worthless. "
You didn't give us any information about... so... do we have to consider your reviews pretty worthless? I can't see any experience information from you...
I don't think so but... I'm just trying to follow your reasoning about "worthless of reviews if someone doesn't speak about his background"...
;)

Ciao!
_RicHard

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 3 March 2008, 14:03

carvers are the same all over the world :-) guys, come down :-)
i`m learning

kurtsk8
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kurtsk8 » Monday 3 March 2008, 14:15

starikashka wrote:carvers are the same all over the world :-) guys, come down :-)
it's couse of internet
face to face it will be different :)
"I miei sci sbattono, vibrano, sbandano. Io no."