Virus/Oxess/Kessler/Pogo

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

swt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Virus/Oxess/Kessler/Pogo

Post by swt » Saturday 27 November 2004, 16:54

I know that this is straying a bit from an EC-only query, but can anyone provide an informed comparison between GS race boards by Virus, Oxess, Kessler and Pogo?

I'm specifically interested in edgehold, liveliness, and dampening (probably in that order of importance).

Thanks.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Not really a comparison

Post by skywalker » Saturday 27 November 2004, 22:45

I won't compare boards of these brands. One simple reason is: I only rode the GS boards of two of them. The other is: The top boarders of the last C races were on Kessler, Virus or a labelled Proto of one of these brands. So I'm not the one to tell you, which one is better and which one is s...t, which means in this case second or third ;)

But if you read the reviews on bomberónline, there is one impressive point: All boards with 10.0 overall rating are WCR boards. Oxess only was rated once, but Donek was quite often. What I think is: A WCR GS is a great compromise between wider boards like the SWOARD and the narrow freecarving sticks. Also they are for sure of the best quality you can get. So if you like to ride actively, then go for one. You might be able to testride Kessler and Oxess at the beginning of January, if you are in St. Moritz. Otherwise the risk of buying a really bad board isn't that big with anyone of them.
free extreme carving

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Virus/Oxess/Kessler/Pogo

Post by Hans » Sunday 28 November 2004, 2:51

swt wrote:I know that this is straying a bit from an EC-only query, but can anyone provide an informed comparison between GS race boards by Virus, Oxess, Kessler and Pogo?

I'm specifically interested in edgehold, liveliness, and dampening (probably in that order of importance).

Thanks.
Get in touch with the guys of the brands you mentioned, and let them make yourself a custommade GSboard to your weight, ridingstyle, mondopoint. Will cost you some. But the brands you mentioned, are all top in (competition/race) snowboarding.

Greets, Hans.

swt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by swt » Sunday 28 November 2004, 3:31

Thanks, guys.

I know that the companies I mentioned each build superior products. I was hoping that someone might be able to offer a comparative analysis from personal experience.

I've been on pro-stock and full custom boards for more than a dozen years. I'm just interested in the European custom mfg. scene.

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Sunday 28 November 2004, 7:44

If you are after european race boards, dont forget Tomahawk, they make great racing boards.

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Sunday 28 November 2004, 20:27

Hey SWT,

February this year I was in Davos with the Pureboarding guys. Hansjurg Kessler let us test some boards.
I tested a 168 model and was pretty impressed with the edgehold and dampening. And the looks too!

After only a few runs I was able to really hit the slopes :twisted: and still feel very secure.

But I really wished at that moment to test a Swoard to compare the two, but EC guys weren´t able to be there.

Hope to have helped you a little bit

CU

roman
Rank 4
Rank 4

@ swt

Post by roman » Monday 29 November 2004, 17:38

alohà swt

as one thing for shure, you gotta testride the ones you are interessted at.

for me personal (!!not as a dealer!!), i have never ridden a board with that much grip, damping and stableness at speed like the extremes from virus. all up first the longer ones like the stealh and the gladiator. they all are kinda stiff, but if they match your ridingstyle you can't get any happier.

check the websites of the boardmakers and find some teststores.

ride on!

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Tomahawk

Post by István » Tuesday 30 November 2004, 13:25

Pokkis, I tried to find Tomahawk on the net, but could not. Do you know their web?

Thanks,

István

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 30 November 2004, 13:38

If i remember correctly they dont have it :)
but they have email address, which btw i dont have now on.

You could take look for this thread:
http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/s ... Snowboards
Somewhere end of that is contact info

Arjan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Arjan » Thursday 16 December 2004, 11:46

Istvan,

The email address of Tomahawk is: tomahawksnowboards@hotmail.com (real address!!!!)

Greets,

arjan
Chillaxin - snowsports
www.chillaxin.nl