SDT 2024 - Hintertux - 16-17 Dez 2023 [+ Feedback]

Meet the others / Rencontrez les autres / Incontra gli altri / Treffen Sie die anderen

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, tali, Arnaud, nils, joemzl, Petr, Silber, Alex

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: SDT 2024 - Hintertux - 16-17 Dez 2023 [+ Feedback]

Post by fivat » Monday 1 January 2024, 18:27

--- In English in the next post ---

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
Wie ich schon in meiner letzten Nachricht mit den Wünschen für 2024 geschrieben habe, hätte es keinen besseren Zeitpunkt für das 10-jährige Jubiläum in Hintertux geben können! Um genau zu sein, war es die 11. deutschsprachige Session der Swoard Demo Tour. Die erste fand 2012 in Lenggries, Deutschland, statt. Die zweite Veranstaltung war dann 2013 in Hintertux. Im Jahr 2020 fiel wegen der Pandemie die Session aus.

Zwei Rekorde wurden gebrochen: :bravo:
1) Die Schneemenge für Mitte Dezember (obwohl es etwas weniger Schnee als in den Westalpen gibt, hat es in den Wochen zuvor trotzdem viel geschneit). :o
2) Die Anzahl der Teilnehmer (67 angemeldete Personen und einige, die dank der Website des Skigebiets vorbeikamen).

Man könnte noch einen dritten Rekord hinzufügen: den der guten Laune und des Spaßes! 8)
Am Samstag konnten alle Pulverschnee-Liebhaber den Neuschnee zum Spuren (Carven) nutzen. Am Sonntag waren die Pisten überall perfekt für Carving und Extremecarving. Und dazwischen gab es ein ausgezeichnetes Essen, fast alle zusammen. Ich hoffe, dass meine Rede auf Deutsch (mit Unterstützung meiner Sekretärin, meinem Smartphone) nicht zu lang war. :oops: Ich konnte mich bei vielen Leuten bedanken und bei der großen Familie, die wir sind.

Es gab viele neue Gesichter, und sogar echte Menschen, die wir nur als Avatare in diesem Forum kannten! :D Zum Beispiel "frunobulax", der im wirklichen Leben Gerry heißt. Junge Leute stoßen zur Familie: die Kinder der Rider, wie Gerrys Sohn, der hier war, aber auch andere junge Leute, oft in Softboots. Carving ist in Softboots endlich in Mode gekommen. Ich bin mir sicher, dass sie dadurch dazu angeregt werden, Hardboots für mehr Kraft, Präzision und Extreme zu testen.

Mein einziges Bedauern war die Abwesenheit von Petr, der zu Hause wegen einer Grippe festsaß, mit der ihn seine Tochter angesteckt hatte. Ihm ist es zu verdanken, dass wir nach Lenggries und dann nach Hintertux gekommen sind und dass viele ausgezeichnete Rider entstanden sind. Ich denke da zum Beispiel an Lambert, dem ich noch einmal für seine EC-Kurse, seine Pädagogik und seinen Enthusiasmus danken möchte! Ich denke, dass er Petrs Vermächtnis gerecht wird. :clap3:

Ich danke Jörg für die Organisation & seine magischen Getränke :wink: und dem ganzen Team, das geholfen hat: Arnaud, Etienne, Christophe, Denis, Mallorie und vor allem François, der viel seiner Zeit am Stand geopfert hat. Ich war auch glücklich, meinen Freunden aus Zinal diese Skistation näher zu bringen: Boris und Stéphane.

Zum Schluss noch mein Slogan vom letzten Jahr: "Wir betreiben einen besonderen Sport für besondere Menschen!" 8)

Im Folgenden (nach englischer Übersetzung) finden Sie einige Fotos von der Session, die wie eine kleine Geschichte geordnet sind.
Links zu kürzeren Berichten: auf Instagram und Facebook.

Patrice Fivat

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 1 January 2024, 18:28

--- Auf Deutsch im vorherigen Beitrag ---

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
As I wrote in my previous message with wishes for 2024, we couldn't have dreamed of a better 10-years anniversary in Hintertux! To be precise, this was the 11th German-speaking Session of the Swoard Demo Tour. The 1st took place in Lenggries, Germany, in 2012. The 2nd in Hintertux, in 2013. In 2020, there was no Session due to the pandemic.

Two records were broken: :bravo:
1) The amount of snow for mid-December (even though there was a little less snow than in the western Alps, it had snowed a lot in the previous weeks). :o
2) The number of participants (67 registered and a few people passing through thanks to the resort's website).

We could add a 3rd record: good atmosphere and fun! 8)
On Saturday, all the powder lovers were able to track (carve) their line through the virgin snow. On Sunday, the slopes were perfect for carving and extremecarving. And in between, an excellent dinner almost all together. I hope my speech in German (with the help of my secretary, my smartphone) wasn't too long. :oops: I was able to thank a lot of people, and all the big family that we form.

There were lots of new faces, and even real people we only knew as avatars in this Forum! :D For example, "frunobulax", whose real name is Gerry. Young people are joining the family: the riders' children, like Gerry's son who was there, but also other young people, often in softboots. Carving is finally coming into fashion in softboots. I'm sure this will encourage them to try hardboots for more power, precision and extreme.

My only regret was the absence of Petr, who was stuck at home with the flu that his daughter passed on to him. It was thanks to him that we came to Lenggries and then to Hintertux, and that a lot of excellent riders appeared. I'm thinking of Lambert, for example, whom I would like to thank once again for his EC lessons, his teaching and his enthusiasm! I think he lives up to Petr's legacy. :clap3:

I would like to thank Jörg for organising the event & his magical drinks :wink: and all the team who helped out: Arnaud, Etienne, Christophe, Denis, Mallorie, and especially François who gave up so much of his time at the stand. I was also delighted to make my friends from Zinal know this ski resort: Boris and Stéphane.

To conclude, here is my slogan from last year: "We do a special sport for special people!" 8)

Below are a few photos from the event, arranged as a short story.
Links to shorter reports: on Instagram and Facebook.

Patrice Fivat
Attachments
1 Hintertux 2023 - Group photo.jpg
Group photo
2 Hintertux 2023 - On the glacier.jpg
On the glacier
3 Hintertux 2023 - On the glacier.jpg
On the glacier
4 Hintertux 2023 - Action.jpg
Action
5 Hintertux 2023 - Action.jpg
Action
6 Hintertux 2023 - Après-ski.jpg
Après-ski
7 Hintertux 2023 - Dinner.jpg
Dinner

FrançoisB
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FrançoisB » Wednesday 3 January 2024, 11:57

2ème session à Hintertux pour moi cette année et encore une fois, une grande réussite :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

La neige et le temps étaient déjà au top l'année dernière mais Patrice a encore fait mieux cette année :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les pistes, le dammage et les infrastructures sont vraiment ce que l'on peut attendre de mieux pour nos rassemblements !

Dommage que mon niveau en allemand et en anglais soient si mauvais car j'aurais aimé pouvoir discuter un peu plus avec tous ceux qui sont passé au stand.

En attendant de se retrouver, je l'espère, l'année prochaine à Hintertux, j'attends maintenant avec impatience l'ECS de Zinal :) :) :)
Swoard EC Pro2 168M #168002127
Swoard EC12
Swoard Red Line

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Thursday 4 January 2024, 18:45

It was a great pleasure for me to take part in the SDT HIntertux and especially to meet Patrice and the other Swoard guys!!
I was planning to come for many many years, and I feel a bit ashamed that it took until now to really do it.. maybe someday I even find my way to Zinal..

Big congrats to all of you for the great riding, for being such a dedicated bunch of riders and friends, for the positive vibes, and for everything you've done for the sport in all those years!!

Many thanks for the warm welcome and especially to Patrice who put a big smile on the face of my 12 year old und thus helped me very much to motivate him to keep carving!!

Only one downside comes to my mind: seems like the EC riders are not younger than the frozen backsiders, myself included... So I'd suggest something for the agenda of the upcoming meetings, be it Frozen Backside or EC: bring your kids! I'm planning to advance to the next level of EC within the next 10 years: extreme-EC-kids-watching!

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 3 April 2024, 7:22

Thank you Gerry! :bravo:

We do bring our kids to the events, as you can see in our last video:

They are the future! :D And we try (with success!) to make them discover snowboard carving with alpine gear!

But the kids must go to school on Monday, and it's often not possible to bring them with us when we plan to stay longer than the weekend. :?

Have a nice end of season! And let's bring more young riders next season. :silly:

Patrice Fivat