Carvers' Days 2023

Meet the others / Rencontrez les autres / Incontra gli altri / Treffen Sie die anderen

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, tali, Arnaud, nils, joemzl, Petr, Silber, Alex

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Carvers' Days 2023

Post by jax » Monday 26 December 2022, 13:55

2023 CD Volantino rid.png
3 4 5 February in Ovindoli Monte Magnola there will be the annual Carvers gathering where fans of this splendid sport from all over Europe gather.
In addition to meeting many other enthusiasts, you can try the boards of the producers present at the event.

Program
3 February 8.00 free carving day

4 February 8.30 stands opening
4 February 14.00 last exit of the test stuff
4 February 15.00 stands closing

5 February 8.30 stands opening
5 February 14.00 last exit of the test stuff
5 February 15.00 stands closing

3 4 5 febbraio ad Ovindoli Monte Magnola ci sarà l'annuale raduno Carvers dove si riuniscono gli appassionati di questo splendido sport provenienti da tutta Europa.
Oltre a incontrare tanti altri appassionati potrete provare le tavole dei produttori presenti all'evento.

Programma

3 febbraio 8.00 free carving day

4 febbraio 8.30 apertura stand
4 febbraio 14.00 ultima uscita materiali
4 febbraio 15.00 chiusura stand

5 febbraio 8.30 apertura stand
5 febbraio 14.00 ultima uscita materiali
5 febbraio 15.00 chiusura stand
www.carvers.it

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Carvers' Days 2023

Post by fivat » Monday 26 December 2022, 15:06

jax wrote:
Monday 26 December 2022, 13:55
3 febbraio 8.00 free carving day, Extreme Carving demo
No polemic here, but extremecarving = Swoard. As there won't be any Swoard instructor at this event, this won't be "Extreme Carving demo". :naughty:
Gear, bindings angles, bindings lateral stiffness, hardboots stiffness, the whole setup and, above all, the ride technique are NOT the same. In addition: no plate please!

:arrow: As creator of the word "extremecarving" with Jacques, I would like to remind our concept to which we have bound this word. It is explained on this Extremecarving Website for 20 years and in the FAQ here.

Carving hard on the edge is something intrinsic to alpine boarding. All beginners can achieve this in 15 days. But the word "extremecarving" should not be overused for everything related to carving when the body is inclined, or by other brands that just want to make money in selling their slalom boards. 8O :naughty:

EC community is very small and we want to defend an alternative to "traditional" alpine snowboarding. Racing has totally disappeared in France, and the public likes the alternative that we propose to make the sport survive. We respect the people who still want to race (I'm a former racer myself), but we ask them to respect us.

Smoothness, fluidity, surf style with rotation of hips and shoulders, the feet across the board and not in the axis, "push-pull" (another word invented by Jacques and I) are the basics of real extremecarving. And we also do this in the very steep where it works great because we close the turns.

Patrice Fivat

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Monday 26 December 2022, 15:14

Sorry, I've made a mistake because I have just copy and paste the program of years ago.
I'll correct.
www.carvers.it

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Monday 26 December 2022, 15:26

Thank you!

But I leave my message, because there are things that need to be re-explained. The public must be aware of these brands that want to make money on our back and overuse our word "extremecarving".
Swoard is more a collective of passionate riders than a "normal" brand. We have the right to propose an alternative, another concept, another way... and we do not tolerate fake marketing or reappropriation.

Patrice Fivat

jax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by jax » Wednesday 28 December 2022, 19:55

👍👍👍
www.carvers.it