SDT 2020 - Hintertux - 14-15 Dez 2019 [+ Feedback]

Meet the others / Rencontrez les autres / Incontra gli altri / Treffen Sie die anderen

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, tali, Arnaud, nils, joemzl, Petr, Silber, Alex

guillaume31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: SDT 2020 - Hintertux - 14-15 Dez 2019 [+ Feedback]

Post by guillaume31 » Tuesday 24 December 2019, 8:16

Hi all,

It was great to meet so many Extreme Carvers and put a face on several of the forumers ;)

It was my first time EC'ing and my first time on a board in a very long time, and I'm pleased to say I made the right choice....at the end of the 2018-2019 season, when deciding to get into EC, I had only seen EC videos online, never in real life. After experiencing it myself and seeing all proficient EC'ers in Hintertux, it is definitely THE snowboard discipline I want to further explore and improve.
It is not easy to get rid of old habits and make the body rotation a natural movement, but getting advice and feedback from the experts out there really helped. By the end of the WE, I was doing much better and I'm going to keep working it along with the push-pull technique.

On Saturday, the weather forecast was very bad with a storm forecast....but a few of us persisted to stay on the glacier and despite the strong winds at times (very gusty), for me at least, it was perfectly rideable. Unfortunately the SDT was cancelled that day because of the weather conditions.

On Sunday, the weather forecast was much more optimistic and the day started beautifully indeed. Several of us made it first to the glacier, with a magnificent view and some freshly-prepared slopes. The conditions were great to put into practice the recommendations from the previous day. The SDT took place that day and it was great to meet EC-gurus like Patrice, Arnaud & Petr (+ several others whose names I did not always catch). There must have been around 40 EC'ers that day ? Unfortunately (for me), I lost the main group following a lost-snowboard incident :? I'd like to thank the German EC group on WhatsApp for receiving my message and I'd like to let them know that I eventually recovered my board :wink: I hope not too many jokes were done on that group :wink: :lol:

I got a close look at the new EC12 boots and they look like a very fine product ! Purposely built for EC and with several possible customizations ! The UPZ quality looks second-to-none too despite some reports here and there about issues on some of their previous models.
I unfortunately did not test any of the SWOARD demo boards but I will definitely make up for it next year !

I also really enjoyed the friendly dinner at La Rustica's....yet another opportunity to get to know EC'ers and get some advice on EC technique. It's also interesting to note that many of the stories are similar: many of us were snowboarding with hardboots 20/25 years ago and later decided to get into EC.

Are there any pictures of the event available anywhere ?

A big thanks to the organizers for making this event happen and for keeping this SDT event on the calendar (several others were cancelled) as it is the closest one for me :bravo: :clap3: Also a special thanks to Lambert who’s never short of advice !, 8)

Merry XMas to everyone :xmas: and Happy New Year !

Guillaume
EC Gen5 168M / Speed CC - Dual 2 168 / F2 Carve RS - EC12

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 24 December 2019, 15:52

Thank you Jörg and Guillaume for your nice feedbacks! :bravo: 8)
They are so detailed that I don't need to add a lot.

On Friday we were informed by the resort that the tempest which was forecasted on Saturday (all West Europe and Central Europe) could be a reason for partial closure. So we had to take the decision to not organize any stand on that day. If the wind was finally not that strong on Hintertux Gletscher, some lifts had to be closed during the afternoon in Lanersbach (Eggalm) and Mayrhofen. 8O

It's a pity that we were spread in the resorts, but in small groups we had great fun! The EC condition and the visibility was much better than during almost all preceding weekends! :twisted: At least on Sunday we were all in Hintertux and could meet at the stand. 8) It was also a pleasure to see the big smiles of the few persons who could ride with the new EC12 hardboots, or with any Swoard model for the first time. :bravo:
guillaume31 wrote:
Tuesday 24 December 2019, 8:16
Are there any pictures of the event available anywhere ?
With the social networks, the pictures are spread on various accounts.
But below you can see some pictures which I shot.

Special thanks to Jörg for the organization (and the drinks!), to Petr for his support, and to all the participants for their good humor!
:arrow: See you next year, on 12-13 December 2020, or this season in another session of the Swoard Demo Tour 2020.

Patrice Fivat
Attachments
1 Strong wind - Hintertux 2019.jpg
Strong wind on the glacier and all the Alps.
2 Stand inside - Hintertux 2019.jpg
We managed to make a stand inside, protected from the wind.
3 Stand outside- Hintertux 2019.jpg
Preparing the boards and bindings outside.
4 Great EC slope - Hintertux 2019.jpg
There was almost no wind on this EC slope.
5 Another great EC slope - Hintertux 2019.jpg
Another great EC slope for some lucky guys.
6 Riding till the night - Hintertux 2019.jpg
Riding late, till the night in Sommerberg.

huuska
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by huuska » Thursday 26 December 2019, 11:36

..I would like to add big thank to German group and especially Lambert!

Over all it was great weekend!

IMG_20191214_144325.jpg
Saturday afternoon
IMG_20191214_144325.jpg (166.18 KiB) Viewed 14500 times
IMG_20191215_123446.jpg
Sunday morning
IMG_20191215_123446.jpg (178.75 KiB) Viewed 14500 times

tali

Post by tali » Wednesday 8 January 2020, 15:13

What are the numbers of the EC slopes on the pictures above?

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 8 January 2020, 15:24

You can't miss these slopes at the very top of the glacier! 8)

Patrice Fivat

tali

Post by tali » Wednesday 8 January 2020, 16:16

Hold my beer! I did.

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Wednesday 8 January 2020, 16:54

pic 1: ? (only Patrice knows)
pic 2: room for our boards at Fernerhaus
pic 3: view to slope 3 (and famous Arnaud plus banner :mrgreen: )
pic 4: 5 (Gefrorene Wand)
pic 5: 5 (Schlegeis = sunny side of the resort)
pic 6: view to Sommerbergalm (changing stations from Gletscherbus 1 to 2)
pic 7: 3 (view down to Fernerhaus)
pic 8: same place a bit above

:chinese: :chinese:
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M