Le vostre opinioni, domande sulla tecnica, il carving estremo, e eventi

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils, Silber, Alex

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bergamo and Valle Brembana

Post by Whitey » Friday 5 October 2007, 12:08

Ciao Italians,

I'm sorry to use English here but my Italian is not very good. Anyhow, I' m referring to my earlier post here: viewtopic.php?t=1826&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105, which I sent at the beginning of this year. We have changed our plan a little bit. Next winter we are going to stay in Bergamo at least 2 months :D

I have found that there are several ski resorts near to Bergamo, in Brembana Valley. Those resorts can be seen e.g here: http://www.brembanaski.com/ingleseski/. Quite near are also Adamello (http://www.adamelloski.com), and Montecampione (http://www.montecampione.it)

Have you guys visited in any of those resorts and did you like them? And are there any other good resorts near to Bergamo you like to recommend?

Grazie,
Kari

Alex

Post by Alex » Friday 5 October 2007, 12:27

Hi Whitey...the problem is always the lack of snow! val brembana have no very high mountains...so best places near Bergamo are the same for Milano:

Madesimo (val chiavenna): many slopes but many people during weekend!

Corvatsch (engadina): 3 wonderful slopes, no many people and snow night on Friday night!
sometimes i go for Friday night and saturday morning, because on the night there is only one slope but long and steep , well prepared with no people!

St. Moritz.....Famous but many people!
Andermatt: 2H 20' From bergamo! but one slope likes zinal
and many others....Cervinia,La thuile,ecc.
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

kurtsk8
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kurtsk8 » Friday 5 October 2007, 13:05

In Valbrembana there are :

Foppolo :(first time that a put a snowboard on my foot) is the most famuos location in Valbrembana, last year there wasn't so much snow, there are some good slopes and it is connected to Carona

Carona : has only skilifts, not many people, exposed to south, good off-piste tracks

San Simone : it was my favorite when i was young(14-16), there's a new chairlift, some good tracks

Valtorta and Piani di Bobbio : slopes going to valtorta are good, on the top there are some flat slopes (Piani means Flat)and some short step slopes, there's one slope that goes to Barzio (in Lecco province) that is long.

Piazzatorre : cheap station, 2 different company with two different slpes plan
in Piazzatorre there was the only one halfpipe in Bergamo province (now it's nevere shaped)

moving to Val Seriana we can find:

Spiazzi di Gromo :(first bad crash on a snowboard) some good slopes, long and step.

Lizzola : some good slopes and off-piste

Colere : really Colere is in Val di Scalve but you can get there easily from val Seriana, Colere is good for off-piste, and as also some long slopes.
last year there was italian championship of GS , SL and boardercross.

Monte Pora : Exoposed to south, not very high.

there are also some smaller location

generally locations has old skilifts and chairlifts, are less expensive than other locations in italy (during the week a skipass cost about 15€, and in the weekend it grow to 20€)
you will not find great impiants but when the snow is good you will sure have fun.
"I miei sci sbattono, vibrano, sbandano. Io no."

biont
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by biont » Friday 5 October 2007, 14:15

I agree with kurtsk8,

Nearest location to Bergamo district I prefer is Madesimo as Alex said.
Custom TT by Lui Holzinger 165 + F2 titanflex + T700&BTS
F2 Speedster SL WC 163 11 + F2 race titanium
F2 Speedster RS 173 (Giallona 07)

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Sunday 7 October 2007, 9:13

Guys, thanks a lot! :chinese:

montefuca
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montefuca » Sunday 7 October 2007, 10:13

think about dolomitisuperski

in 2h30' from bergamo you reach s.cristina and from there, you can go for sella ronda turn.. in1 day nevere the same piste, excpet for the one you'll love, like grand risa, saslong, dantercepies, armentarola.

Near falzarego\armentarole there's the best pig shank, at the rifugio Scotoni.. :D

you have to book one day before..but it's delicious.

it doesn't matter that you will not ski anymore after it! :D
Swoard 2D 175 M 037 "Genève" 2007/'08=>175 H 200 "Genève II" 2007/'08
F2 Speedster RS 173 "YellowBanana" 2005/'06
Salomon FRS 165 "BlueGranny" 2001/'02
F2 Race Titanium + NorthWave .950

kurtsk8
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kurtsk8 » Sunday 7 October 2007, 11:35

montefuca wrote:Near falzarego\armentarole there's the best pig shank, at the rifugio Scotoni.. :D

you have to book one day before..but it's delicious.

it doesn't matter that you will not ski anymore after it! :D
as if you eat hamburger in corvatsch you won't ski anymore

ugly memories of burned fat on the coocking pan

at least pork shank it's good
"I miei sci sbattono, vibrano, sbandano. Io no."

Whitey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Whitey » Sunday 7 October 2007, 16:33

Yep, I know Sella Ronda. Some years ago we were in Val Gardena (Selva Gardena) and started the day trip from there. We went all the way to Arabba, spent some time there and came back to our village by some other route. It took the whole day, we arrived back to Selva Gardena hardly before they closed the last lift lines.

I don't know but I wouldn't go there with carving board and hardboots. Some of the slopes were really, really long and in bad condition. Even with soft set-up, it was pretty exhausting day trip. The good thing was that we found some nice powder tracks along the way :D