Kitzbuhel rental

Beiträge zu den Themen SWOARD Snowboards, Extremecarving Fahrtechnik oder Dies und Das

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils, joemzl, Petr

mikeyboy123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Kitzbuhel rental

Post by mikeyboy123 » Sunday 20 February 2011, 16:58

Hallo, Ich schaue, um harte Aufladungen zu versuchen wenn im Kitzbuhel-innen früh - Marsch. Kann jemand ein Mietgeschäft für harte Aufladungsausrüstung empfehlen? Deutscher ist nicht meine Sprache, also entschuldige mich ich, wenn diese nicht sinnvoll ist. Reagieren Sie bitte auf englisch, wenn möglich.

Danke,

Mike.

Aracan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Aracan » Monday 21 February 2011, 10:35

Wenn ich hier einspringen darf: Der Threadstarter sucht ein Geschäft in Kitzbühel oder Umgebung, wo er Alpin-Ausrüstung (Board, Boots) mieten kann.

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Monday 21 February 2011, 11:38

Hi mikeyboy,

could you please add some information:
Where are you from?
Where are you going exactly and when?
What do you need? Board, binding and boots?
Is this your first time on hardboots or do you have experience?

I don't think there is a shop with rental gear in or around Kitzbuhel, but maybe there are other ways to help you.

richard1
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by richard1 » Monday 21 February 2011, 12:11

Not a shop, but APEX-Snowboard is located in Mittersil just 15 minutes by car from Kitzbühel at the south end of the ski-region Kirchberg-Kitzbühel-Passthurn.
If you have your on boots und bindings, maybe it's possible to rent a test-board of them. Write or call Bernd Wallner, I'm sure he can help you!
lg
Richard

mikeyboy123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mikeyboy123 » Monday 21 February 2011, 13:33

frunobulax wrote:Hi mikeyboy,

could you please add some information:
Where are you from?
Where are you going exactly and when?
What do you need? Board, binding and boots?
Is this your first time on hardboots or do you have experience?

I don't think there is a shop with rental gear in or around Kitzbuhel, but maybe there are other ways to help you.
Hi,

I am from the UK. I am going to Kitzbuhel on March 5th for one week. I will be staying in a central location but don't mind travelling a little.

I'm looking to rent a whole hard boot set up - board, boots and bindings. I have just a few hours experience in hard boots - I tried it for perhaps 3 or 4 hours when in Canazei last year - an old Hot Blast board. I am looking to try something a bit wider if possible - say 22-23cm waist. I currently ride a Salomon Burner with malamute boots and SPX90 bindings.

I was hoping there would be a rental shop in Kitzbuhel or not too far away. Transport in the area seems quite good so I could perhaps get around to other nearby resorts.

Thanks,

Mike.

mikeyboy123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mikeyboy123 » Monday 21 February 2011, 13:35

Aracan wrote:Wenn ich hier einspringen darf: Der Threadstarter sucht ein Geschäft in Kitzbühel oder Umgebung, wo er Alpin-Ausrüstung (Board, Boots) mieten kann.
Thanks Aracan.

Mike.

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Monday 21 February 2011, 13:51

That's a tricky one.. no idea so far. Next shop that rents hardboot gear (if they still do) would be the blue tomato snowboard shop located in Schladming, which is some 2 hrs away..
The F2 Vantage or Silberpfeil Vantage (the wide one) could be interesting for you. But the bigger problem would be the boots..

Maybe there's also a rental shop in Innsbruck. Munich as well.
You're flying to which airport?

mikeyboy123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mikeyboy123 » Monday 21 February 2011, 14:26

frunobulax wrote:That's a tricky one.. no idea so far. Next shop that rents hardboot gear (if they still do) would be the blue tomato snowboard shop located in Schladming, which is some 2 hrs away..
The F2 Vantage or Silberpfeil Vantage (the wide one) could be interesting for you. But the bigger problem would be the boots..

Maybe there's also a rental shop in Innsbruck. Munich as well.
You're flying to which airport?
Flying to Innsbruck, but will not have time to go looking there. Need to get straight on the bus to Kitzbuhel!

Damn, I very nearly decided to go to Schladming - I'll definitely go there next year! I had assumed it would be easy to rent hard boot gear in Austria, especially somewhere like Kitzbuhel.

Thanks,

Mike.

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Monday 21 February 2011, 16:14

assumption was good, reality is the problem.
already tried to phone/email some shops in kitzbühel? maybe there is a rental shop we don't know yet..

Peti
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Peti » Monday 21 February 2011, 18:18

Another idea:

try to ask a board manufacturer, that is located in Austria (Apex, SG or F2), and ask them, if they can ship a testboard to a store in Kitzbuehel, where you can pick up the board. Maybe they have older and used stuff, which can be rent. Of course, you should be willing to pay the shipment and rental costs.

Cheers

Fabian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Fabian » Monday 21 February 2011, 19:24

hehey
yea i think that last idea is the best!

for the boots: you can try to contact deeluxe boots. they are located in Kufstein not too far from kitz! look here http://www.deeluxe-hardboots.com/company/

and the have a couple of dealers not too far http://www.deeluxe-hardboots.com/dealers/

so try there! i think you can rent some in the dealer in söll! im not sure though!

good luck!
F2 Speedster RS 178, F2 Speedster SL 166, DeeLuxe Track 700, Intec TitanFlex

mikeyboy123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mikeyboy123 » Tuesday 22 February 2011, 14:33

Okay, well I have contacted Kogler Sport in Fieberbrunn. Thay are a Deeluxe hard boot dealer according to the website so hopefully they may also deal in hard bindings and boards, and maybe rent them. Fieberbrunn also seems pretty easy to get to from Kitzbuhel.

Thanks for your help.

mike.

TBF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TBF » Friday 25 February 2011, 11:58

Mike, you've got mail.
Oxess Hardcarve XX235, F2 Speedster RS NE, Oxygen Proton SL, F2 Silberpfeil, 2x Burton Factory-Prime...