Back to the chalet after this amazing Session! I really loved it!
Thank you to everyone for all the great moments we had together. Year after year, there are real friendships that have been established with the people who come regularly. From the new participants I heard many positive things about the slopes, the ambiance, the organization, the Swoard demo boards, etc. and about coming back next year.
However we are victim of the success of the event: the main hall in the village becomes too small. We will find solutions for the future. Since first edition, the organization and activities have improved a lot. Special thanks to Samanta who made an impressive work (I know what I'm talking about). Our goal is to still improve the event and do the best we can do. I hope that you appreciate our efforts. Many thanks to the staff: Balthazar, Romain, Franck, Olivier, the instructors I mention below and all the other persons who also helped us.
Highlights of the ECS 2009:
- About 220 participants : it has been probably the biggest event in the world about alpine snowboarding!
- Some of the best snow conditions for carving and extremecarving in the season so far (along to the local riders including me).
- Wonderful Saturday weather. During the other days we got sun and good visibility despite the clouds and the snow falling in west Switzerland.
- A black slope (Le Col) reserved in the morning for the participants only... which was destroyed in 1-2 hours! Fortunately there were 2-3 other slopes (including the famous Barthélémy) that we could extremecarve too.
- Excellent spirit and many cool persons from about 15 countries. Top 5 is: France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Russia!
- The riders level is still higher and higher! One of the goals behind this event created in 2004 is reached. I remember the first session when a ski instructor complained about the riders level. This year another ski instructor came to me and asked me if he could try a Swoard demo.
We are happy to see many riders using now the rotation, push-pull and extremecarving techniques. During this last session our instructors (Arnaud, Anthony, Alex and Sylvain) have done a great job! Special thanks to them.
The group photo below can be downloaded at full resolution here:
DOWNLOAD THE FULL RESOLUTION PICTURE (2.02 MB)
Note that many riders are missing! For example a group of Italians was still carving at this moment.
The instructors Alex and Sylvain were on the slopes! This is the extremecarving addiction...
Special thanks to Vahur, the official photographer! He will make his wonderful pictures available soon. We will also post a Best Of in this Web site.
For sure there will be a 7th edition! The date will be given as soon as possible before next autumn.
See you all next year!