DEELUXE TRACK 700

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

DEELUXE TRACK 700

Post by pokkis » Monday 26 November 2007, 15:33

Has anyone yet real on-snow experince of these boots?
Friend of mine swithed to these from Indy. He replaced that 5-position locking system to standard RABs with original stiffer race spring.
But then on snow he found serious problem, two center buckles will touch each other and press very nasty his feet.
Propably idea to switch to RABs was not so good?

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 26 November 2007, 16:37

Wow... does not sound too good... Do you mean that the spring system allows more lean forward then the locking system and that was the reason for the 2 middle buckles to touch?

If that's the case then I guess it is due to the fact that the buckles are thicker (they stick out more) than the previous straps.

Question: Bomberonline sells the Track 700 with the liner called 'Thermoflex' on the Delleuxe site, while on the Deeluxe site if you check out the picture, the Track 700 has the liner called 'Liner Track 700'. It confuses me a bit. Is it optional? Can you choose? Which one supposed to be better?

Thanks
Attachments
Indy & T700.jpg
Indy & T700.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 12042 times

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Monday 26 November 2007, 16:44

Yes it is due thicker buckles, you really can see that from picture.
There are (atleast) two innerboot version, standard and thermo.
My frien has standard but i assume that has no effect.
I think you might run same problem with 5-point system if you adjust more lean to back foot.
That made his feet so very sore, but luckily he still had his old boots to switch. Now he is heeling nasty marks i his foot.
Might be good idea to test, if possible before first longer trip to slopes.
Hopefully this will be just one case only.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks Pokkis for the tip/remark

Post by Hans » Monday 26 November 2007, 23:08

I will probably test my Track 700 T BTS in the snow this week. Hopefully I will not enter this problem :? Didn'tnotice it when testing on the karpet, even with the softest springs in it. May be it's just me and my old stiffen knees which aren't that elastic anymore :wink:

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Tuesday 27 November 2007, 8:48

Unfortunately i think problem on carbet test is that you dont put forces enough.
But lets hope that this is not common problem.

EDIT
and i hope that this issue is valid only few ones. My friend is very strong and powerfull rider who relly pushes his equipment. So for most of us mortals, this might not be not problem as such.
I hope that cause Deeluxe boots are great boots, best available today commercially. And if i need to buy new ones now and this would be problem for me, there are two quick fixes:
1. simple one, moving second buckle slightly upwards.
2. dirty one, changing second buckle to old type one

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Track 700 T in the snow

Post by Hans » Wednesday 28 November 2007, 21:13

Tried them 3 hours in a snowhall today in Germany (www.allrounder.de).
Setup: Stiff Coiler 180 RC II, TD2 SI yellow with suspension kit, Track 700 T BTSkit with yellow springs and green(long)-yellow combo. Green is comparable with the blue bomber spring. I weigh 83 kgs (yes a downgraded my weight some this season) and have a not so aggressive rydingstyle.

Snowhall was -4,2 degrees Celsius, piste is comparable to blue piste. But not as steep as a true mountain in the Alps. Piste was well prepared, firm artificial snow, no icey patches.

First the green-yellow setup. Firm, dynamic flex.

Second yellow-yellow setup. Liked them even better. Some more flex, not too soft in contradiction with the test on the karpet when I found the boots too soft (forward flex). Less dynamic as the green setup, but more flexible and love the flexcontrol more. You can hold the boots better in a certain angle with long turns without pushing too much, that I like about this softer setup.

Like the soft material of the boot, fitted perfectly with custom insoles.
You don't have to push the boots too hard to get them elsewhere. Especially your backleg. I have a very high arch and medium wide flat forefeet. Had no problems with my forefeet which are normally too wide for the boots. I always have to go to a bootfitter with Raichle/Deeluxe to punch them out. I don't think I am gonna bake my Thermo's. No needed, they fit well enough.

But always try the boots yourselves. If Raichle/Deeluxe Indy's or Suzuka's fits you good, certainly you get better fitted boots with these ones. At least that's counting for me.

I had no problems with the buckles Pokkis described here. When I did go deeply in my knees, the buckles were overlapping, the 3th buckle nearly touched the tongue sometimes, but did not touch the 2nd buckle. No pain whatsoever in my feet.

Anxious to experience how these boots will hold in the steeps, I encounter no probs here, I think. Will wait and see.