A race course to improve ec technique!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Alex

A race course to improve ec technique!

Post by Alex » Monday 19 June 2006, 15:36

Last week i have been in val senales with Silber and Istvan, we have partecipated to hardbooters meeting... but we have discovered that it was also a snowboard course about modern hard technique.

Premised that the teacher (Georg) was a national race champion, and he was very scrupulous, precise, and he used a good instruction method, consisting of many exercises to improve position and video to view results. Naturally he doesn't believe in extreme carving :cry: promote hip movement and avoid rotation... so the first day we had a debate but together we tried to find an agreement. To take advantage of a teacher we have followed the lesson trying to improve our technique also for ec... (we spoke much about swoard and we try to show the ec power! :twisted: :twisted: )

The teacher has noticed that we three made all the same errors, the first mistake is to put the weight ahead to reach quickly the snow, and consequence of the first error, we had bad shoulders position. To correct our problems he have suggested us to make a little distension of front leg to move part of the weight to the tail keeping the body erected, and for the shoulders problem to do an exercise that consist to raise the shoulder on the side of the curve...Master of ec, i think that the lesson was a good experience do you think this is correct also to improve ec?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hmmm

Post by nils » Monday 19 June 2006, 15:42

very interesting!
Next year we'll have to bring Jacques there too!

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 20 June 2006, 10:37

I think the main points were:

- no rotation with the upper body, start the turn with the hips
- stay always upright and centered
- avoid putting too much weight on the front foot by doing the following: when you initiate the backside push your left hip back (if you are regular)
- never bend at the hips

I think all of these make sense, especially when you do the gates. The excercise that I loved the most was that you put your hands on your backhead and to the turns. By doing so you really have to center yourself and stay upright, otherwise you lose balance at the first bump...

Best,

István

bobex
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: A race course to improve ec technique!

Post by bobex » Sunday 19 November 2006, 20:43

Hi , boys, I tried also to get there, however, I miss that actionhttps://www.extremecarving.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif
Sad - my question is - what snow conditions were in Val Senales in june ?

Roman
Swoard DUAL 178,SWOARD EC 175M 3D, Afterburner Titanium 182
=========================
Summer equip. CUBE Sting, Lapierre Spicy

Alex

Post by Alex » Monday 20 November 2006, 13:38

bad snow condition...we were very unlucky :cry:
the previous week of the meeting it was cold and the snow fine, but the first day we were there the temperature was higher than 10°C.

RicHard
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: A race course to improve ec technique!

Post by RicHard » Monday 20 November 2006, 18:09

Alex wrote:Last week i have been in val senales with Silber and Istvan, we have partecipated to hardbooters meeting... but we have discovered that it was also a snowboard course about modern hard technique.

Premised that the teacher (Georg) ...cut
Wow! Welcome aboard!
Now you know why I'm selling my tomahawk (due to its large stance that doesn't fit to the technique you saw there)...
:wink:
That's exactly the technique I'm trying to master from my last lesson with georg. You're right: no rotation, hip anticipation inside the curve, front leg slightly straight to avoid too much weight on the front foot (my frequent error)... etc etc...
I think it depends on what you want to achieve (extremecarving, racing, etc...).
And, I think, it depends on the board you ride too: I mean, EC technique give it's best with EC boards.
The technique you saw in valsenales should give the best with specific boards that has got the tail stiffer than the nose.
My 2cents oipinion.

P.S.: i think i didn't beg your pardon for not having been there... but my father had to run in an hospital three days before my leaving for valsenales for an important surgery and I couldn't leave anymore...
:cry:
_RicHard
Kessler The Alpine 168 - FTWO Speester RS Proto 179 (2012) - Burton Fire boots

Alex

Post by Alex » Wednesday 22 November 2006, 14:55

Hi RicHard don't worry there will be new occasion this year to race together!

actually any board suits rotation technique (soft boots too) and i have many and funny discussion with georg about this but...you could came to zinal the next ecs and look with your eyes extreeme carving technique ...it was a wonderful discovery for me :evil2:
bye
alex